Share something interesting about yourself!

Popo

~I haven't really age physically for eight years now. Being short and with a baby face, I need make-up just to look older. Not that it bothers me, it's in the family.

~While I am more on the introverted side, I have so much energy I had a hard time telling I'm an introvert.

~I stayed in the same school from kindergarten to graduation. I went to a minority group school, however.

~Despite being a chocoholic, my favorite flavor is vanilla.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~I stayed in the same school from kindergarten to graduation. I went to a minority group school, however.

Ah! I thought I'd be the only one!

I wouldn't really want to be a girl either. I know girls usually have it worse than guys, just saying that being a guy isn't exactly problem free either.

I'm 19 (20 in a month), I have never loved anyone, nor has anyone ever loved me...

"better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved before"

well, I'm the "never loved before".

Nothing wrong with that. I'm a year younger than you and I've never fallen in love before either (had a girl fall in love with me before though). But I've had girlfriends before.

Positive Affirmations are Self Esteem Boosters!

1: I like myself because I don't really like myself but I like enjoying myself.

2: I do vacuuming very well.

3: I feel good about my pain tolerance.

4: My friends would tell you I have a great sexboard game collection.

5: My favorite place is Beyond Pita.

6: Stupid people loves me!

7: People say I am a good writer.

8: I have been told that I have pretty sexy legs.

9: I consider myself a good reader.

10: I like the way I feel about myself when I watch TV shows about giant robots.

11: What I really enjoy most is giant robots.

12: The person I look up to the most is Bubbles or Kai Kitamura.

13: The one person that always makes me feel good about myself is Hitler or one of my college english professors.

14: I look good when I no I don't.

15: The color rainbow looks great on me.

16: I have a natural talent for semantics (douchebaggery).

17: I am most happy when Setsuna says "we are all Gundam."

18: My goals for the future are to die relatively painlessly, preferably in my sleep, and go to heaven without deserving it.

19: One of the many positive traits I have is enjoying food.

20: People often compliment me about my intelligence, especially when they barely know me and have no reason to believe I am intelligent except I wear glasses.

21: My friends respect me because I have no idea if my friends in general respect me, and I have no idea why the ones I know do respect me feel that way.

22: I have a good sense of time.

23: The two things I do best are reading and criticizing what I read.

24: I know that I will be successful in lie because I will define success as whatever outcome befalls me.

Apparently it's hell on earth when I have PMS. Supposedly. I've been trying to control my bursts of anger, but that doesn't work all the time. Hormones can go fuck itself.

And period cramps are the shittiest ever. Every month, too. It sucks especially if it happens during school where I can't find a place to lie down.

There are two types of people who have PMS. Those who admit to being moody during the process and those who try to remain dignified but are definitely more moody.

And yeah, I've heard unpleasant things about that.

EDIT: Note that my statement was a joke. Just, when people tend to be moody for no reason (when I /know/ it's for no reason) and they're girls then it's hard not to blame it on PMS. At least that's a kind of reason. I get annoyed for no reason (or rather, a bunch of little reasons) sometimes and I wish I had a reason each time. Or didn't get annoyed.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

My turn, huh...

- I'm ... not socially maladjusted. No traumas, no mental disorders... nothing.

- I have cat-like reflexes and incredible natural hand-eye. I'm also clumsy as all hell, and my hands shake when dealing with fine detail.

- I'm one part Irish, one part convict.

- I'm trying to overcome my natural bias against people who went to private schools. I'm currently not very successful at this.

- I'm a little on the short side (5'5") and a little on the husky side, but neither enough to really be that notable.

- I use too many ellipses in my writing.

- My hair is godawful and needs to die.

- I'm very mildly epileptic.

- I know the names of two people on SF that nobody else knows the full, real name of. No, I'm not telling you.

- Someone apparently heard of my spriting prowess without seeing me first.

- I've had a knife to my throat before, but it was a while ago.

- I've not directly stopped a suicide, but I was very recently kind of swept in the tide of stopping one.

Something interesting, huh...

Well, I finished the Minigame Coaster in Mario Party 2, and the Tower of Lost Souls in Soulcalibur IV. They're both really difficult to finish.

Edited by Crashman_Alpha

Hmm... let's see here.

• I'm an Asian Mormon. Wait. Think about that for a second. Let it sink in. Then add the fact that I live in "Sin City" Las Vegas. Reactions anyone?
  • Everyone pretty much knows me online as the "Ninian Fanboy".
  • I feel guilty when I see everyone else has problems. My "problems" are insignificant little inconveniences compared to the ones my friends have. I'm a spoiled little only child with no major issues... well USED to... which leads to point 4.
  • I am a masochist in the sense that I've pretty much made my own "problem" since I was not satisfied with having "no problems".
  • From the previous point, I've gained the ability to lucid dream very often. See point 2.
  • That seriously seems like my ONLY issue.
  • I was an "undecided major" for 2 years. I REALLY had no idea what I wanted to do. I always just went to school, took the hard IB classes, but everyone ALWAYS told me what to do. I was totally lost when choosing what I wanted to do. Ninian helped me choose a college major. Yes, you heard that right. I had an intelligent discussion with my "waifu" in a dream... pretty much outright telling her that I was dreaming and she wasn't real. Though she didn't mind, that was awkward, but useful in the end. XD
  • I don't mind the "nice guys finish last" thing. I'm pretty much a "reasonable" doormat.
  • I speak fluent English and Tagalog. I have some ability in Japanese... and I still don't know the reason why I keep going. I remember the reason was "Anime and Manga" and then that pretty much died as a reason the second year... along with everyone else that quit because that reason wasn't enough to keep them interested compared to the difficulty. I'm on year 6 in University Level Japanese classes... and I still don't have a reason.
  • I have a collection of Shoujo Manga straight from Japan that I treasure very much.
  • Regarding the point above, I was keeping the money in my wallet safe for 3 months, not buying that manga. My friend Mageknight404, another CCS fan, took down my fort of resolve in 30 seconds.
  • I have an evolving waifu list... with fixed #1 and #2 slots. If you want to see it, click here.
  • I blame my friends Mageknight404 and Seph1212 for getting me into LP'ing... fully.
  • I have an internet sister.
  • Any CG in any VN I read showing a marriage ceremony makes me die a little inside.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, I finished the Minigame Coaster in Mario Party 2[...]difficult to finish.

Eh? Took me way longer to beat the mini game island in MP1.

That said...when I finally went back and did it I had much less difficulty than I remember. This has happened to me with a handful of N64 games I was "stuck" in. I always thought I was better at games as a kid because I had more time to play them...maybe that's not so true.

Hard is OoE Albus Lv. 1 cap in hard mode without new game plus, possibly the hardest game related thing I've done. Harder than getting 48 jiggies in Nuts and Bolts without using a vehicle for sure.

Hardest thing I've done in general was um

I'm all about making things easy so I don't have a need to build my patience for doing difficult things, but I guess FEditor was hard sometimes. JFG online had its moments too

Driving with only a few hours of sleep is dangerous, but not really hard.

Well at least I'm handsome; that's interesting, right?

The first real hobby I had was writing and then drawing, only the former of which I'm really any good at. As for the latter, I only got so far and then went back to sucking, never getting into it as much as I'd have liked despite constant pestering of myself to do so. Same thing happened with picking up an instrument (specifically, bass guitar, because I got one as a gift for my birthday ~11 years ago). Note: I'm a computer scientist with a programming job. Kind of the opposite of artistic (though I consider programming to be an art).

Edited by Aleph

-I'm a drummer and want to do so proffesionally

-I'm 16

-Currently 5'11

-I don't know my family history due to my grandpa not telling us where he was from before he died

-I'm one of the only people I know who listens to metal

-I've never eaten pie

-I have pretty long hair, but I'm going to shave it all off for cancer patients and such soon

Takes awhile but just listing off things as they come to mind.

-I'm 'partially' left handed. My right hand is my dominant one, but I can't write or draw with it. That job is for the left for some reason.

-I don't like the taste of chocolate.

-I've got five names(first, middle(s), last) in total and two of them don't make any damn sense.

-I've got an utter obsession with understanding people (who are relevant to me).

-I absolutely hate working alone, even though I usually have to.

-I like to work in pairs, so when I get to that's pretty fulfilling for me.

-If I can't show/share something to/with someone else, it's completely worthless.

-I'm very good at drawing when I have a reference on hand. And yet ... (see below)

-I have this weird ass condition that causes me to have panic attacks whenever I look at my own drawings. Specifically, the drawings that cause this are those of living things like people or animals. It never has anything to do with the quality of the drawings, either, and what's even stranger is this doesn't happen with things other people draw(though really mild anxiety sometimes hits). Just thinking about some of the ones I remember gets my blood moving, so I rarely draw realistic looking people, and I never draw animals under any circumstances.

-I pay careful attention to everything I hear, even my own 'self talk'/thoughts (which can leave me pretty spaced out at times).

-I hate silence.

-I listen to music throughout my time on the computer. If there's no music playing, it's because I'm on youtube or something.

-I hate driving.

-I like walking.

-I hate makeup and perfume.

-I like people who can get by without those^.

-Unless it's water, I drink with a straw, period.

-I skipped a grade

I had this option. I was talked out of it, with "you won't be able to stay with your friends easily" as the explanation. This deterred me immediately.

Now I would have gladly accepted...

and was known as a child prodigy (lol that was a false prophecy).

I've had impressions that people thought this about me and wondered when they were going to figure out how wrong they were.

-I graduated high school at 16.

I stayed in high school until I was 18 so I could graduate with 41 hours of college credit. I'd have had 44 hours and the successful completion of all math courses up through (as in "including") what Lumi refers to as "Calc 4" but was ineligible to take the class due to only one other student being qualified.

He and I later took the class with someone we had gone to school with who was only a year older and no one else (just the 3 of us) at the same college we weren't allowed to take it at before. Wouldn't they save money by giving free college to fewer students rather than more? What the fuck was the issue there? I had to flunk the class at a shitty university before I got the chance to take it again.

-I stopped someone from committing suicide.

I've had hints but no evidence that I've stopped several people from committing suicide, at least one of which I am hopefully still close friends with.

-I've never broken any bones.

Me, not so much

-I really enjoy meeting new people and getting to know them. In fact, my goal is to befriend as many people on this site as possible.

I'd prefer to do the same, but not just on this site. Unfortunately despite the high rate of encounters I have with people who DON'T agitate my misanthropy over those that do, I have so much lethargy because of my lack of time management skills or physical health that I never act on that.

-One of my goals in life is to make a positive impact on every person I meet.

One of MY goals on life is to make a positive impact on every person ever, whether I meet them or not. I tend to set unreasonable goals. It's not hurting anything if I fail unless I don't try at all.

-I love rap/hip hop.

I do too, but it took a while for it to grow on me. I still prefer metal.

-I'm a big sports fan

I am completely uninterested with sports. Aside from not having much of a capacity to play them, I don't get the whole "watch it on TV instead of playing it yourself" thing. Seems like the latter would be more fun, but again, I don't really function well enough to enjoy that, either. I have made attempts with some success, however.

-I've had a lot of near death experiences, so I suppose I don't take life for granted as much as the average person.

I used to have a growing list of these I'd review in my head often to see if I could learn anything from them that would help avoid them, but unfortunately I had a hard enough time gauging whether they even really were near death experiences. The lines are too hazy. People have survived things like lightning strikes, haven't they? Who knows how much danger they're really in at a given moment? I got bored of worrying about it and decided to find something purposeful to distract me, so at least if anything happens to me it will be too late to matter.

-I don't like taking life seriously, and joke around a lot, but I know how to be serious when necessary.

"When necessary" for me is putting on whatever mask I need to stay alive, like who I pretend to be at work so I can keep my job.

Life is fucking ridiculous and I can't take it seriously at all, otherwise.

-I'm always there for my friends, to the point that they call me "superman".

Enviable.

-I'm currently single (so ladies get at me wink.gif).

DO get at me ;/

-I always focus on the good in people.

I don't think I do that very well, but I do tend to hate it when I see myself or others focusing on just the bad in people.

-I tend to be really blunt, and accidentally say things I later wish I kept quiet about.

I tend to be really blunt, and unlike you and sometimes even Trent I tend to, due to my tendency to over-think things and spend more time inventing what I will say instead of saying it, say what I mean and not regret it later because it was indeed true and, as far as I'm concerned, honesty is never wrong.

-I have a really complex personality, which tends to confuse a lot of people who first meet me.

I have an incredibly simple personality, which tends to do the same thing because people can't be assed to analyze someone who hasn't layered themselves to fit in with the retarded (literally retarded, the adjective, not retarded, the allusion to a state of bearing an amount of mental handicaps) social structure that seems to be ubiquitous. I can't think of a good example at the moment, but I am reminded of a time when I was asked the same questions in a loop (and this trope has been present in media because it's entirely common) because the answer to one of the questions, though perfectly sensible, was so unusual that the person asking couldn't accept it as the answer.

Oh yeah, and I refer to everything as "cute", whether it is or not.

Not quite everything, but I have done this enough to have my sexuality questioned...then again, the mother thinks everything is gay and often comments on how beautiful certain women are. HM.

<3's for this thread! It's interesting.

No. I am.

~ I sing to myself when I'm doing things like chores or just taking a stroll.

I do this now and then, and I've been told I have a good voice (but not any time recently, and it's since changed).

What I do the most, however, is beatbox. For a while I was convinced that I was good at it, but having heard professionals I have since begun to believe I am barely above average, if at all. Though...I appear to improve now and then, so maybe I really am above average at least. Unfortunately I could never do as well as I do when I'm not paying attention when attempting to record it, so I doubt I could come up with anything worth judging.

~ I'm a foodie, therefore I always try something new when it comes to food.

I as well, though I am still especially picky and as such I can usually tell if I will hate something just by looking at it. If I've ever been wrong it's been 1% of the time, but I try anyway in good faith.

~ Expanding on that, when I go to a familiar restaurant, I make it a goal to try and order something different. (Though that's kind of hard especially if you've ordered something delicious previously and badly want to have it again.)

I have the same issue and it is incredibly frustrating. More so when you consider my affinity for identifying whether I will like something or not just by reading its ingredients or seeing it.

~ I haven't had a soda or milk in 2 years.

This isn't something I could do any time soon I don't think. However, I have been drinking water pretty much all day for every day of the past few years (approximately 4 I'd guess). This is also about how long it has been since I've been to a doctor. I rarely get sick and it's very mild when I do; I've only missed a couple days of work or school from it. I really, really need to see a doctor though - I have horrible allergies. As I recall, trees, among other things, were marked as "potentially fatal" to my younger self. EVERYTHING tested for in an allergy test was shown to incite an allergic reaction from me, though I suppose food was excluded as fortunately it is the only thing I'm not allergic to. I have had reactions to jalapenos that make me wonder, though.

~ I always make eye contact with people when I talk to them.

I try to do this but feel like I'm irking them by staring into their soul and often break the connection for a few seconds to look at other interesting things so our stares don't wear each other out. This is probably silly because it seems like the people I'm talking to don't mind and are still keeping eye contact with me, which for some reason actually gives me a physical sensation. A discomforting one.

-I'm a drummer and want to do so proffesionally

Spelling issues aside, I'd love to be that good at drumming. Pretty much any kind of guitar (though I prefer most anything over plain acoustic) and drum sets are very appealing to me (which anyone could guess from hearing the music I listen to, despite that there's a lot of variety to it).

-I'm one of the only people I know who listens to metal

Ouch. This is unfortunate...but also, from my perspective, likely a result of you not knowing the right people. Maybe you should look, or perhaps more appropriately, listen around more.

-I've never eaten pie

I...you...what?

Isn't pizza a pie

-I have pretty long hair, but I'm going to shave it all off for cancer patients and such soon

Um

that's thoughtful, I guess?

Edited by Aleph

I don't have much to say about myself.

~I'm 24

~I'm 5'9

~I get nervous around people in public area.

~English is not my mother language.

~I don't talk to my siblings.

~I'm a huge TearRing Saga fan as well as Fire Emblem.

~I have long hair but I need it to get trimmed though.

~I don't drink or smoke.

~I suck at sports.

~I'm practicing to play piano, although I am not very good.

~I am currently trying to get to play Berwick Saga.

That is all I have to say for now.

@ Lumi: You sound... pretty scary when you get them. *shudders*

- Even though my mother tongue is not English, my most fluent and comfortable language happens to be English. And I don't live in any english speaking sountry.

- My last name is named after a village I have never been to. Don't ask me why.

- My first name happens to mean 'The winner.'

- I'm 16, 5'5 and... 90-95 pounds. :(

- I'm kinda bad at sports, although I prefer playing sports to watching it or playing it on consoles.

- I find all my cousins borin or irritating. Either they're married and have kids (or close that time), or they're younger than 10 years old. Meh.

- I HATE anything to do with smoking and after my recent attempt of trying beer, I think I dislike drinking too.

- I'm a pianist(and started first on keyboard when I was 4, shifted to piano when I was 6), a singer(though I'm not taking training) and a giitarist in training.

- I dislike being alone all the time, and yet I dislike having company all the time as well. *Wishes for a balance*

- I enjoy sarcasm(and have been the target of it at times without knowing it). I generally point out mistakes in others either by being extremely blunt, or being extremely sarcastic that its annoying.

- Till about a few days back, I went to a boys only school. So I'm actually real nervous around girls.

- And yet I don't think anyone can see me nervous. More like quiet, yet not stuttering or anything. I'll talk if a girl talks to me.

- My favourite drink is TEA. I hate Coffee(after I got badass stomach problems because of it.) I also prefer food with rice to food made out of wheat.

-I've never had a fracture.My neck is susceptible to sprains, however. Like, I have a long neck. So I need something rest on. Main reason why I can never sit straight.

- Apparently my classmates used to tease me for having a moustache and a beard. (and its a boys school)

- I decided to shave off my facial hair one day. Next minute I'm called a transgender. If I don't, they call me a grandad.

- Besides classmates, my relatives and other friends say I look like a 14 year old even with the facial hair.

- I'm susceptible to tonsilitis.

- I once kicked a guy without even trying to kick hard(Birthday :D). He said his ass pained for like the whole day or something. I've been scared of hitting and kicking people ever since.(Not like I used to , but this made me even more cautious)

Meh, I think I posted too much.

Edited by Marth

Yo, you above me. . .how are you the same height as me and lighter than me?

Also, about the beer. . .assuming you're in a place where it's legal for you to drink, the beer needs to be super-cold, and it needs to be really hot outside. Like, "I'd be taking my clothes off if it weren't for decency rules" hot. It's totally worth it.

I tried this once, before my body decided to reject all things gluten. It was half a can of beer, because the other half was in my pot roast. . .but it's one of my fondest memories.

Yo, you above me. . .how are you the same height as me and lighter than me?

Also, about the beer. . .assuming you're in a place where it's legal for you to drink, the beer needs to be super-cold, and it needs to be really hot outside. Like, "I'd be taking my clothes off if it weren't for decency rules" hot. It's totally worth it.

I've got no idea clipsey. Being thin and light rocks though.

No, it was illegal. Also the stuff just reeks.

I've got no idea clipsey. Being thin and light rocks though.

No, it was illegal. Also the stuff just reeks.

Try it with a non-alcoholic beer.

Saw some stuff about drinking beer and how it has to be really particular conditions, thought it was about people's experiences trying to shotgun.

> it was just drinking beer period