New 6 min video

Velth

footage

stuff about class change and some class branches, the classes some chars can change to , explains skills

also shows some new characters but nothing specific about them

Edited by Velth

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, some interesting looking new characters appear as well. I wish I understood Japanese lol.

Can anyone tell what the elf eared girl's original class is? Or her name?

Edited by StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw

3:50...

I read Griffon Riders. Anyone else?

EDIT: Yes, yes I do. They're definitely making an appearance. Holy balls.

Yeah, look at the little picture, map sprite thing. Its definitely a griffin. Has a beak and brown feathers and talons by the looks of it. Its small, but you can still make out those features.

Lot of class/skill info here. Looks like Griffin Knights really are a Dragon Knight promotion. Was not expecting that, but it makes sense. And Manaketes are not only back, but they can change to regular classes as well? Bizarre. And is that a Dark Mage class I spy, promoting to Dark Knight?

Physical non-flying classes seem to be like FE8, for the most part. The guy shown promoting seems to be going Mercenary --> Horseman, and the Change Proof screens confirm Thief --> Assassin/Trickster and Myrmidon --> Swordmaster/Assassin. Also confirms Priest --> Battle Monk, which is not like FE8, but it's no surprise. I don't know enough kanji to read the name for the other promotion, and I don't feel like checking the sprite again to make a guess - is that a Bishop?

And it looks like characters each have a metric fuckton of skills. Fascinating, fascinating stuff.

Edited by Othin

So we get another laguz type character apart from Velvet.

Oh, and I think the pink haired girl is our dancer.

And why can Callum turn into staff dude and Ritch into a paladin/cavalier(?).

And do we get an Anna lookalike? or is Anna a playable character?

it was a COD ad

so at first i was like no you tease

and it's more like 6 minutes but whatever

lots of class changing stuff (3:30 excites me greatly)

can't wait until next month

So we get another laguz type character apart from Velvet.

Oh, and I think the pink haired girl is our dancer.

And why can Callum turn into staff dude and Ritch into a paladin/cavalier(?).

And do we get an Anna lookalike? or is Anna a playable character?

The class changes are from Change Proofs, items that allow a feature like a limited version of Reclass - apparently three separate class trees for each character. The options are really odd, though. I was similarly surprised by Callum's options of Priest and Thief.

The other transforming girl is a Manakete.

Edited by Othin

Lot of class/skill info here. Looks like Griffin Knights really are a Dragon Knight promotion. Was not expecting that, but it makes sense. And Manaketes are not only back, but they can change to regular classes as well? Bizarre. And is that a Dark Mage class I spy, promoting to Dark Knight?

Physical classes seem to be like FE8, for the most part. The guy shown promoting seems to be going Mercenary --> Horseman, and the Change Proof screens confirm Thief --> Assassin/Trickster and Myrmidon --> Swordmaster/Assassin. Also Priest --> Battle Monk. I don't know enough kanji to read the name for the other promotion, and I don't feel like checking the sprite again to make a guess - is that a Bishop?

I think that'll be sage. I reckon all magic is unified in this game, unfortunately.

It's nice to see new material coming out on a weekly basis. The game'll be out before long.

The class changes are from Change Proofs, items that allow a feature like a limited version of Reclass - apparently three separate class trees for each character. The options are really odd, though. Callum's options are Priest and Thief?

I suppose they fit his quiet demeanor and personality.

Edited by lancerusso

and it's more like 6 minutes but whatever

yeah just noticed changed title

also notice at 5:18 it shows donny as a hero but he keeps the pan on his head

Edited by Velth

The class changes are from Change Proofs, items that allow a feature like a limited version of Reclass - apparently three separate class trees for each character. The options are really odd, though. I was similarly surprised by Callum's options of Priest and Thief.

The other transforming girl is a Manakete.

I knew there was a limited reclass option, but I thought they were going to keep it relevant to the characters. It might be too soon to tell how relevant the options are, but I'm hoping we get some explanation.

I wouldn't have guessed that she was a Manakete, I thought she was some sort of mermaid-like being but then I didn't pay attention to the kanji.

And Manaketes are not only back, but they can change to regular classes as well? Bizarre.

Yo Dawg, we heard you like Dragons, so we put a Dragon on your Dragon, so you can Rape while you Rape

Looking into things:

Dragon Knight --> Dragon Master / Griffin Knight is certain. The katakana plainly spell out all three class names. Similarly, the katakana for the transformy girl is Mamkute, the Japanese version of the class we know as Manakete.

The kanji for the Priest promotion appears to be the kanji for Sage, so yeah, that's the case. No Bishops, it seems. Also, the class I misidentified as Dark Mage is actually just a regular Mage. It promotes to Mage and Dark Knight; presumably Dark Knight is like an FE4/5 Mage Knight.

In summary, along with some other relevant stuff:

Mage --> Sage / Dark Knight

Priest --> Sage / Battle Monk

Cleric --> Sage / Battle Cleric

Cavalier --> Paladin / Great Knight

Knight --> Great Knight / General

Myrmidon --> Swordmaster / Assassin

Thief --> Assassin / Trickster

Dragon Knight --> Dragon Master / Griffin Knight

---

Change Proof stuff:

Callum: Knight --> Thief / Priest

Soiree: Cavalier --> Myrmidon / Dragon Knight

Nono: Manakete --> Mage / Dragon Knight

Edited by Othin

Looking into things:

Dragon Knight --> Dragon Master / Griffin Knight is certain. The katakana plainly spell out all three class names. Similarly, the katakana for the transformy girl is Mamkute, the Japanese version of the class we know as Manakete.

The kanji for the Priest promotion appears to be the kanji for Sage, so yeah, that's the case. No Bishops, it seems. Also, the class I misidentified as Dark Mage is actually just a regular Mage. It promotes to Mage and Dark Knight; presumably Dark Knight is like an FE4/5 Mage Knight.

I could've sworn I saw an enemy Bishop at 5:13.

At 5:30 there appears to be a mage knight like class, based on the hat. Would that be the "Dark Knight" promotion for mages, or is that just one of the mages keeping their hat after switching class?

to me that looks like richt as a great knight and he just keeps the hat just like donny keeps the pan on his head when he's a hero at 5:18

At 2:54 there's a promotion of a sword wielding man to a mounted swordsman (forest knight returning?).

He definately wasn't a myrmidon, so that class is most likely mercenary. It's kind of nice that they have shields now.

Edited by Ryan7556