New 6 min video

Velth

Seems like an odd notion that Soiree might be able to turn into a Swordmaster and learn Astra, then change back to her original class tree and use it as a Great Knight. Of course, one could call that a reason why it uses regular animations.

What seems even more bizarre is the prospect of Callum learning Lethality as an Assassin, then using it as a General or Battle Monk. Or Lockpick: it seems hard to imagine that skills like that would carry over.

Carrying over some skills could have interesting potential for building up characters, but carrying over all of them would just be too much. I'm sure they have some limits.

Well yeah, you're limited by the number of Change Seals you have. For all we know we might only get like 7 of them during the game (excluding secret shops) so reclassing a unit twice is going to use two of them - you could only really afford to do it with, say, 3 characters.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah, you're limited by the number of Change Seals you have. For all we know we might only get like 7 of them during the game (excluding secret shops) so reclassing a unit twice is going to use two of them - you could only really afford to do it with, say, 3 characters.

Feasibility and practicality aren't remotely relevant to anything I'm saying.

And it doesn't even need to be twice. Say Gaia starts with Lockpick, promotes to Assassin, and learns Lethality. Then he uses just a single Change Proof to become a different class. You think he's going to carry Lockpick and Lethality with him in his new class, whatever it is? Whether his alternate class options include Hero or Sage or Dragon Master or Berserker or General, it's not happening.

It only needs to happen once to create an absurd amalgamation.

Edited by Othin

I just notice something. Anyone notice how they highlighted the weapons to show that when you equip different weapons, it actually looks different? I find it hilarious simply because it seem like they're saying: "Hey look, our animation's not as shitty as the GBA games!" I still hate the back and forth shit though. It's a waste of time and looks very awkward.

I just notice something. Anyone notice how they highlighted the weapons to show that when you equip different weapons, it actually looks different? I find it hilarious simply because it seem like they're saying: "Hey look, our animation's not as shitty as the GBA games!" I still hate the back and forth shit though. It's a waste of time and looks very awkward.

Stop nitpicking , the character models are very smooth and the game is looking awesome.....you seem like the guy who see the most beautiful women in the world and hate her for having a very small mole on her nose or something that's so small that noticing it will make you weird.

Funny you say that. According to another user., that part was actually talking about weapon levels. Highlighting Vake going from Bronze (?) Axe to a brave Axe. Not quite sure why you'd take as them comparing themselves to the GBA Fire Emblems. Then again, I suppose people can find whatever they want in media...

Stop nitpicking , the character models are very smooth and the game is looking awesome.....you seem like the guy who see the most beautiful women in the world and hate her for having a very small mole on her nose or something that's so small that noticing it will make you weird.

Making fight animation drawn out and overly long is a 40 hour game is hardly nitpicking.

Making fight animation drawn out and overly long is a 40 hour game is hardly nitpicking.

Fights were long enough in FE10, you know what I did? Turned them the hell off. (Actually just about every FE game I've played more than once has the animations OFF from the second play an on, even on the GBA.) Nothing is forcing you to watch the damn animations.

And some people like long badass animations, it's a large appeal of the Super Robot Wars series, even.

But yes, you are nitpicking. Who cares how long the game is, if it's fun it's worth it. 40 hours is hardly a long game.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

And some people like long badass animations, it's a large appeal of the Super Robot Wars series, even.

The thing about SRW, however, is that first of all, Banpresto puts effort into the battle animations so they're legitimately entertaining to watch (on top of being fanservice for fans of the shows those mechs are from), and second, when they get too long (ex: OGG/Crowe in Z2-2) people will still complain.

And it doesn't even need to be twice. Say Gaia starts with Lockpick, promotes to Assassin, and learns Lethality. Then he uses just a single Change Proof to become a different class. You think he's going to carry Lockpick and Lethality with him in his new class, whatever it is? Whether his alternate class options include Hero or Sage or Dragon Master or Berserker or General, it's not happening.

It only needs to happen once to create an absurd amalgamation.

Based on the information we have, it's probably more likely that learned skills are going to carry over between classes for some weird class-skill combinations.

Based on the information we have, it's probably more likely that learned skills are going to carry over between classes for some weird class-skill combinations.

Some? Yes. All? Hell no.

But yes, you are nitpicking. Who cares how long the game is, if it's fun it's worth it. 40 hours is hardly a long game.

Not liking a significant part of one of the biggest aspects of the game is not nit picking. Just because you don't care doesn't mean it is.

There's reasonable hope that they'll do something like FE4 did: long battle animations, but map animations are somewhat detailed and not just people running into each other. Plus, the FE13 map sprites look gorgeous so far.

There's reasonable hope that they'll do something like FE4 did: long battle animations, but map animations are somewhat detailed and not just people running into each other. Plus, the FE13 map sprites look gorgeous so far.

I would hope they would do it like FE10 with its three different animation options that made it the best game by far for animations.

Nothing is forcing you to watch the damn animations.

People seem to forget 1 very important element you see in battle animations, the calculations. When it's the enemy's turn to attack, you can't see how you character stacks up against them until it's your turn. For the really easy games like the GBA games, I always turn them off. It's also one of the reason I found FE9's Maniac Mode a pain in the ass because I can't see the calculations even during animation. Seeing that information helps you plan your moves if you know how you stack up against certain enemies.

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

People seem to forget 1 very important element you see in battle animations, the calculations. When it's the enemy's turn to attack, you can't see how you character stacks up against them until it's your turn. For the really easy games like the GBA games, I always turn them off. It's also one of the reason I found FE9's Maniac Mode a pain in the ass because I can't see the calculations even during animation. Seeing that information helps you plan your moves if you know how you stack up against certain enemies.

Why is it important? Once the battle starts, you can't influence it anyway. I actually liked how it was in PoR. It made things more tense.

Why is it important? Once the battle starts, you can't influence it anyway. I actually liked how it was in PoR. It made things more tense.

Judging your next move. You might as well tell me not to look at the stats too cause once the battle starts, there's nothing you can do. Knowing how you stack up for enemies you can't quite reach isn't a minor thing. I'm not some super math wiz that can calculate them just by comparing the 2 numbers. My play style is much more conservative.

Judging your next move. You might as well tell me not to look at the stats too cause once the battle starts, there's nothing you can do. Knowing how you stack up for enemies you can't quite reach isn't a minor thing. I'm not some super math wiz that can calculate them just by comparing the 2 numbers. My play style is much more conservative.

But it would be way harder to memories all those numbers during the enemy phase.

Calculating Hit against Avoid and Attack vs Defense is way easier.

But it would be way harder to memories all those numbers during the enemy phase.

Calculating Hit against Avoid and Attack vs Defense is way easier.

And that comes before or after a turn in which your mindset can become distracted. It's easier for the player to be notified of the enemies he's facing while he's facing them, as he can make decisions as events come along. Trying to do things irrelevant to the enemies puts a more forceful element of surprise into the mix--one which is pretty much unnecessary.

The game did, before release, have the stats shown in battle. I'm assuming they were removed for cosmetic purposes. . .

People seem to forget 1 very important element you see in battle animations, the calculations. When it's the enemy's turn to attack, you can't see how you character stacks up against them until it's your turn.

And you can't do anything until it's your turn, either. So what the fuck are you complaining about?

By the time it's your turn, you can just send your characters up to the enemies as if to attack them and see the battle statistics that would result already calculated for you. Even if you wouldn't want to attack, you can get all the information. So where's the problem?

The only time you'd possibly learn something you wouldn't otherwise is if you're taking a siege attack from a far away enemy in a fog map, so you can't even see their stat box. If the enemy is visible but you just can't get a counter from them to see their stats calculated fully, it's a small matter to do the first grade math of calculating damage and a rough estimate of their accuracy. Surely you're never going to give two shits about whether an enemy has 75% Hit or 80% Hit.

And you can't do anything until it's your turn, either. So what the fuck are you complaining about?

By the time it's your turn, you can just send your characters up to the enemies as if to attack them and see the battle statistics that would result already calculated for you. Even if you wouldn't want to attack, you can get all the information. So where's the problem?

The only time you'd possibly learn something you wouldn't otherwise is if you're taking a siege attack from a far away enemy in a fog map, so you can't even see their stat box. If the enemy is visible but you just can't get a counter from them to see their stats calculated fully, it's a small matter to do the first grade math of calculating damage and a rough estimate of their accuracy. Surely you're never going to give two shits about whether an enemy has 75% Hit or 80% Hit.

I actually do care if it was 1% or 2% crit that made me rage quit