Rate the Unit, Day 2: Abel

Sorry 13th but the Show must go on...

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- This ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Marth: 6.33

Ah yes, Abel! The awesome cavalier. Has great Growths and has Good Weapon Ranks! I like him so i shall give him an 8.5/10

Unlucky Abel gets trolled by Est.

Other than that, he's boss. I really dislike his mug, but him as a unit, I dig.

Also, base D lances gives him Javelin use from the getgo.

His weapon ranks are in the right place. . .for the later part of the game. In the very beginning, it's axes, and all he can do is smack things with an Iron Sword. He'll hit Steel soon enough. . .we hope.

Also bleh 25% luck.

8.5/10

9/10 (including a bias point)

Abbeeelllll

He can javelin things in the first few chapters and get to ridersbane easily. Even if his growths troll him over, he can still be of use with a ridersbane or chipping things with a javelin.

Probably the best Gradivus user...if he lives through early game.

He`s got high SPD and SKL, and will be doubling like a BAWS with a few levels. Makes for a good frontline fighter.

8/10 (-1 bias for...what personality?)

I can go on and on about Abel as a character but I don't think you want me to

I actually like the D lances even early on since he won't have to spend time getting Javelins once out of Axeland while Cain does, and Iron Swords aren't that big of a deal early on. Good enough bases for stuff early on, and grows into kickass. Also makes a good Sniper after promotion.

9/10 + 1 bias (for being sexy, a good husband, and saving my H5 run's ass) gives a 10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

8.5/10

Abel's kinda cool. His D lances is pretty bad for the first 3 chapters though, and C4 has some axe units too, so its not an easy road for Abel. He start to show results probably... by C6, and he's alright to use. He probably is the best 'Gravidus user' if trained, but I'm reserving that title for a char in the future.

Abel's pretty cool. Javelins are fun to have, and you can rely on him throughout the game. He has no res, but nobody other than mages do anyway. Great in pretty much every class, even Sage!Abel wasn't awful

9.5/10 - All he needs now is a turban.

Abel. He has great availability. Good growth spread. Meh bases. Meh lck but whos caring? He has instant chip damage unlike Cain. Hes very reliable throughout the game if he doesnt get RNG screwed. 9.5/10 Because green always > red.

Edited by General Haarace

9/10 for good bases, good growths, and autojavelin.

+1 for personal bias.

10/10 thanks muchly

So, are you going to go back to hosting this Rate the Unit for FE11 or no?

Abel has good growths, a great class, and usable weapon rank. I'd much rather have the Javelin for Hard anything than the use of steel swords. Marth or Ogma or anyone can use the Steel Sword better and Javelins are always useful.

9/10