Rate the Unit, Day 3: Cain

Hey, 13th? Are you going to host this again or is this up to me now?

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Cain... He doesn't get reliable 2 range right away but he has better sword Rank to deal with Axefest in the Early Chapters. His growths are like abel's but Less strength and more luck! I shall give him an 8.5/10

Averages:

Marth: 6.33

Abel: 8.76

Edited by *Narshen*

Steel sword from the getgo and reaching D lances isn't hard, even in H2.

Superior to Abel in just about every way important to me, and starts off quite well, though I do wish there were more steel swords before Ch.5.

9.75, with a .25+ for a cool hairstyle

Edited by Elieson

What did I give Abel

9 without bias, right

Cain's pretty much functionally identical. He has a bit of an edge earlygame wrt sword rank but it means he'll have to catch up lance rank later for the glory known as Javelins so it kinda evens out and they deserve the same score.

But he doesn't have a bias point because he didn't save my ass 20 times over on H5. so he can have a regular 9.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Better earlygame then Abel, but looses out on SKL and SPD compared to him. Mercurius is going to someone better, so that looses out.

I like him, though. He had a personality in the prologue (+1 bias)

8/10

Early Steel Sword means he can play nasty with the Axe-using enemy; and it's not that hard to get to D Lances.

Later on; he's inter-changeable with Abel; since the one likes Lances; the latter likes Swords; so it's up to you which is your preference.

Wait? I can use my bias point? Incoming Fanboying Bias!

9.75, the +1 is due to him at least having a personality in the prologue; and for some odd reason I picture him as amusing.

Edited by Frostbite

Cain is just Abel with a D in swords instead and a higher Luck growth. Now I actually like to use Cain and prefer him to Abel, but that's just me. (Although in one of my H5 runs, Abel was baws only in endgame. xD)

So, with a slight bias to shift up his score, 9/10

I'll be outright: I dislike Kain. I always found Abel gets more decent critical hits in and Kain's level-ups generally sucked for me. I prefer giving the sword to actual sword units like Marth and infantry.

7/10, since there are better units out there.

After consideration of him joining early-game, 8/10.

But maybe he rubbed the wrong way because of the manga...

Better earlygame then Abel, but looses out on SKL and SPD compared to him. Mercurius is going to someone better, so that looses out.

I like him, though. He had a personality in the prologue (+1 bias)

8/10

Loose:

1. free or released from fastening or attachment: a loose end.

2. free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.

3. uncombined, as a chemical element.

4. not bound together: to wear one's hair loose.

5. not put up in a package or other container: loose mushrooms

Lose (used w/out object):

1. to suffer loss: to lose on a contract.

2. to suffer defeat or fail to win, as in a contest, race, or game: We played well, but we lost.

3. to depreciate in effectiveness or in some other essential quality: a classic that loses in translation.

4: (of a clock, watch, etc.) to run slow.

Now go back to first grade AND LEARN TO F***ING SPELL.

Edited by Flock of Geese