Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

I agree with Manix; if it has any effect, it will probably be some effect on the Djinn in the future, or perhaps on the Adepts of those elements.

Well, it's possible that the mafia have a roleblocker as well. I mean, assuming Manix actually is a reviver, town would have had a revive Djinn and a revive role. Mafia could have been given a roleblock Djinn and a roleblock role.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I think I realize what might have happened! Marth didn't use his djinn C0 after all! Prims said that the flavour of his getting roleblocked on C0 was getting punched in the face. If you look at his role PM, that is how he roleblocks people, through punching people. Now look at Bizz's Djinn ability. He reflects actions done to him to the user. Prims must have tried to roleblock Bizz C0, but Bizz reflected it to him using his Djinn ability. THAT's why Bizz was so adamant that Prims actually was roleblocked. He was possibly told at the end of C0 that someone had tried to punch him, but the punch had been reflected.

Hello~! My mind is finally working again~!

Prims was a town roleblocker, so why in the hell was he using his ability on C0, when there were no kills? That doesn't make sense, IMO, unless he intentionally used it on himself (in which case Bizz's djinn was redundant), and Bizz tracked him. Prims' role PM states that his target would've gotten some flavor about being punched in the face, though. . .wait. . .

A role that targets has three points of failure; it can be stopped at the source (roleblockers, for example), en route (for example, redirected to an invalid target), or at the destination (safeguards, as an example). We know that the town's roleblocker is dead, and it would be rather silly for the mafia to have a second safeguard on top of Marth's abilities. Therefore, either the mafia has a way to make the source fail silently, or someone caused Manix to fail en route.

##Unvote

The rest of you need to start saying relevant things.

Therefore, either the mafia has a way to make the source fail silently, or someone caused Manix to fail en route.

Or, you know, he could be Mafia and lying. But I digress; since apparently this isn't working otherwise, a few more questions:

1. Do you think we should lynch Manix this cycle?

2. Assuming we couldn't lynch Manix, who would you lynch this cycle?

3. Do you think Spike getting kidnapped by Rapier makes him more likely town/mafia?

1. I... am not so sure about this anymore actually. I know I really pushed for it during C2 and he actually failed to prove his role, but the thing that bugs me is that he isn't even trying to defend himself at this point. I think we should definitely look into other possibilities as well, regardless of who we end up lynching, it will help us for the next few cycles.

2. I would like to hear a bit more from Spike, Iris/her replacement, and to a lesser extent Kay and Snike.

3. Not really from what I recall. It was early in the game, and whatever Rapier's reasons were are unclear to us I believe. Although it's probably worth looking at his posts again to see whether he made any comment on the kidnapping.

There's no need to volunteer such information. And get well soon, kiddo.

Anyway. . .

1. I'd like to hear any other theories that could possibly have caused Manix to fail silently. I'm not sure if being that loud about a revival and lying like that is a good mafia strategy, especially when Marth was lynched C1.

2. Too early to say, at this point. For all we know, one of the other town investigative reports has something, and hasn't been on yet.

3. According to this, Rapier thought Spike was scummy. It's possible Rapier was acting on his suspicions and kidnapped Spike in the hopes that he'd stop a mafia member. Alternately, Rapier contacted Spike on C0, and Spike agreed to be kidnapped, maybe? The second one's a long shot, but not entirely out of the question.

1. It's possible Manix is just mafia fakeclaiming. He might not even be a reviver. In a way, it does seem like a good mafia strategy, because it is a role that might not exist, and so there's less of a chance of a counterclaim, and it's also a rather powerful role, making us hesitant to lynch him.

2. I want to hear from other people. About half of us haven't even made any posts since the start of the new cycle.

3. I think it means that Rapier thought that Spike was scum. Whether or not he was... I don't know. I don't really think we can infer anything from it.

Not really. I still think his claim sounds reasonable, and well, "HEY SCUM, ROLEBLOCK MANIX" might as well have been in the thread title.

Spike or Kaoz.

3. Do you think Spike getting kidnapped by Rapier makes him more likely town/mafia?

More townish, assuming you mean in comparison to if he was kidnapped by someone unknown, or by mafia.

I really dislike how Kaoz was acting about Manix. I know this is gonna look hypocritical, but the difference is, Kaoz was actually pushing for a lynch. Which could actually be worthwhile for him as mafia, considering that probably there isn't anyone else with a non-Djinn Roleblocker ability.

I'll need to reread more carefully later. The part about the lighthouses is pretty interesting.

Also, I've been targeted by the same post restriction. The flavor is that my agility was reduced, BTW.

Also, Kaoz, you said that Bizz's role was not what you expected it to be. What did you expect it to be? Did you formulate your guess based on things he said, or was it based on your role? If it was the latter, you don't have to answer, I suppose.

Hello everyone, I regret to inform you that I have fallen victim to the same curse that previously was placed on Ether. I can only post 6 times today.

Interestingly, I think I see a common theme between the victims of this curse, neither Ether or I are very active usually, and this curse was used to limit both of our activity. Seems strange to me.

Also, since it was used cycle 0 and cycle 2 (today is 3 right? the sub title thing is confusing me, I thought we just had cycle 2) but not cycle 1 (aka ether had post restriction C1 and me C3) this makes me wonder if the curse is a Djinn ability, hence the gap between uses, or if the person used their Djinn ability cycle 1, hence the gap in the uses.

1. I don't think so. He was set up to get roleblocked, what with announcing who he was going to revive and all.. Heck, maybe he was even redirected to a living target, which would in effect be roleblocking him. Plus, would a mafia fakeclaim a role and then really just flat out not prove it like that? It would be such a stupidly huge mistake. So unless Manix a mafia who came up with the ingenious plan to fake claim reviver, say hes going to revive prims to get cred, then say he got roleblocked to get even more cred(just because of how suspicious it looks, ironically), then no, I don't think we should lynch him.

2. eh, I find Kaoz, Iris, and Eclipse iffy right now.

3. No. A town kidnapping someone "randomly" (as in they dont know if they are kidnapping a town or maf) can hit either town or maf. I don't think it really does anything to prove anything about his alignment.

Also, I think you all should know I'm working on a theory that could potentially be very informative for us, but its going to take a little time for me to figure out this theory completely, and how to say it to all of you at the right time. Expect it in one of my middler posts of the six.

Also, Kaoz, you said that Bizz's role was not what you expected it to be. What did you expect it to be? Did you formulate your guess based on things he said, or was it based on your role? If it was the latter, you don't have to answer, I suppose.

Based on her statements that her role was ironic, claiming to have made a huge mistake at the beginning of C2 and Prims and her being claiming the other one to be town, I was considering her to be the Networker and that she tried to contact Prims both C0 and C1.

No I don't think we should. Not at the moment anyway.

I want to hear more from Snike and strawman this cycle. And partially Spike. Other than that, I'm not sure.

I have no opinion on this. He kidnapped him because he was partially suspicious of him and then nothing happened after that frankly, we didn't hear anything of him talking to him out of game, so i have no idea. It could go either way. Simply because rapier was town i would want to lean to him being more mafia but there is no proof behind it.

Missed this earlier.

Which could actually be worthwhile for him as mafia, considering that probably there isn't anyone else with a non-Djinn Roleblocker ability.

I find it unlikely that he was roleblocked, simply because Prims claimed to have gotten flavour alongside the block and Manix claims that he didn't. A Redirector of some sort seems much more likely and that one could very well exist as a normal ability.

I want to hear more from Snike and strawman this cycle. And partially Spike. Other than that, I'm not sure.

I agree with Spike and Snike, but seriously? Assuming Strawman's telling the truth, we're not gonna hear loads from him this cycle.

@Kay- That sounds like a Djinn ability. Plus it happened only C1 and C3. The restriction was only once every 2 hours, correct?

Yep, that was it.

It's certainly possible that the whatever-it-is is part of an Inventor type role. I dislike repeating myself, but possibility of Mafia Inventors etc.

Am I the only one who thinks Bizz/Shinori didn't mean the "gift" thing literally?

##Vote: Spike

I think you need to be motivated to say more. What are your thoughts on C2? Did anyone say anything you thought was interesting/scummy/etc? Had Rapier contacted you? What do you think it means that the lighthouses were lit?

I've got a little bit of time here.

1. Hell no. It's entirely possible he got redirected to someone, and even IF he's mafia, the risk of lynching him is too great, given how, according to Kaoz's worst-case scenario numbers, we have... 1 ML left.

2. I'm open to lynching anyone who makes themselves look like a target at this stage. Particularly, Kaoz/Iris/Spike, Kaoz for that strong Manix push (still can't get over that), Iris for horrendous inactivity, Spike for C1 crap. Also Eclipse has somehow survived more than 2 phases so obviously she's mafia.

3. Given that Rapier was town, it doesn't provide any clues, so yeah.

1. Not in particular. We could lynch him next phase if he continues to act up and

2. I'm suspicious of Snike, mostly. I think we should have lynched him over Rapier last cycle, subbing be damned. After him, eclipse, and then Joshua. I guess while I'm at it, I have little to none / neutral opinions on Kay / Strawman -- could possibly go either way. Spike's true neutral. BBM and Shinori seem town to me.

Oh, and:

##Vote: Snike

3. No opinion; Rapier was suspicious of Spike C1 and Rapier is town.

1. Not in particular. We could lynch him next phase if he continues to act up and

my computer hates me and decided to post this without me finishing. I feel like we could do better by lynching someone else scummier, but whatever.