Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

Something is bugging me about the failure (I believe your role, Manix). Like, why make the failure silent? And how badly will whatever that caused you to fail screw with everything else?

Also, the popcorn list goes the other way 'round, Kay. If you're convinced that this'll catch mafia, then you have the scummiest people go first, so you don't give the town ideas on who's who. Also, how do you know that the mafia doesn't have fakeclaims? If they do, all you're doing is giving them a town roll call. . .something that I can't see benefiting the town, while telling the mafia who not to claim.

##Vote: Kay

I'm sorry, this, combined with your hit-and-run posting style comes off as extremely scummy.

I know that, Eclipse. It's just the order I happened to put the list in. I didn't think the order was that relevant, since I had said before that I thought the people who were most suspicious should claim characters. I wasn't trying to say Manix should claim first. And I'm not convinced it'll catch mafia. I think it might catch mafia, just like anything else. Besides, it was just an idea I suggested to see what people thought of it. Most people seemed okay with it. All I'm actually telling anyone to do is say who they think is most suspicious.

Hit-and-run?

That's how my list goes... Should I start it off, or should someone who's lower down on the list start, like Kaoz or Snike?

Someone lower, definitely. There's no reason you need to claim at all, at least not now, IMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an example:

Post the first

Reply, because Manix is a boss

Next post I can find by you, and sorry if I screwed it up

Just questions, with no follow-up. Come to think of it, you claimed a post restriction on C1, too, and I felt things were disjointed then, too, so sorry.

I reread everything, and I didn't care too much for the way you came across on C2 (pushing BBM with very little reason, IMO). I still don't think forcing people to character claim is the right way to go about things. I'd much rather people make their scumlists with their own night results in mind, as opposed to a mass character claim which will probably end up giving the mafia more information than the town can use.

Here's an example:

Post the first

Reply, because Manix is a boss

Next post I can find by you, and sorry if I screwed it up

Just questions, with no follow-up. Come to think of it, you claimed a post restriction on C1, too, and I felt things were disjointed then, too, so sorry.

I reread everything, and I didn't care too much for the way you came across on C2 (pushing BBM with very little reason, IMO). I still don't think forcing people to character claim is the right way to go about things. I'd much rather people make their scumlists with their own night results in mind, as opposed to a mass character claim which will probably end up giving the mafia more information than the town can use.

Follow-up to questions? They're generally either rhetorical, or I just want to know why people are doing or saying things. If I don't have a problem with their answer, I probably won't say anything, particularly if I have to wait hours to post "yeah, that sounds reasonable and not suspicious". I'm not sure I understand what you mean, sorry.

If me pushing BBM was unreasonable, why does Kaoz seem okay to you? Okay, that's fine. But isn't it good to post a scumlist of some sort anyway? I can't really tell who you suspect at all this phase besides me.

I'm not suggesting a mass character claim. I'm suggesting a few people claim.

It's not that Kaoz is suspicious of Manix. Hell, here's what I said about him:

Kaoz - Doesn't seem to trust anything, which is par for the course.

While I'm not particularly fond of his tunneling, he let the thing slide since then (if I'm reading right, he doesn't have a vote anywhere; corrections welcome). Whether this was him taking advantage of a moment of weakness, or him being his usual distrustful self remains to be seen. He did call a shitton of attention to himself with that stunt, though.

I don't mind a scumlist in the least. Unlike the rest of you, I'm putting WHY people are where they are. I will be most upset if people use this as a means of claiming, though. It's far too early to be doing it, and I can't see the town gaining anything useful from it.

Manix - That's either the world's ballsiest mafia move, or town. I know that when I was Ho-oh, I only revived for a phase.

BBM - You're either being very convincingly bussed by Kay or are seriously clueless. Don't volunteer info unless absolutely necessary.

Strawman - Claims to have a post restriction. It's still early in the phase, though, so he's got time for the rest of his posts.

Shinori - Someone else who I had to ask to STFU regarding details (who doesn't seem to understand WHY it's not a good idea to randomly share things). Somehow missed Strawman's last wall of text, so eh.

Snike/JB - They're both really busy, FSR. It's not that easy to get a read on someone who shows up a handful of times during the cycle.

Kaoz - On one hand, the events during the previous cycle didn't look good (tunneling, especially). On the other, Ether claimed to be hit with the same thing Strawman is now claiming to be hit with. I'm not sure what to make of both factors together.

Iris - Has been rather absent, and then somehow forgot to give her opinion on Kaoz. Given the general consensus on him, I'm not sure if this was because she was in a hurry or this was a scumslip.

Spike - Less whining, more reading. Nothing prevented you from reading while kidnapped, either.

Kay - Pushed the new guy, and then got defensive after Ether's vote. Is also pushing name claiming, too, which makes no sense at this point.

Also I will be disappoint if I see other scumlists that look like copypasta. . .or must I remind everyone of KRRM?

I'm not comfortable with character claiming, as that might help the mafia root out power roles, but I will popcorn.

Shinori - Is excessively eager to contribute, but he's claiming inventor. I think he's just overeager townie when he posts.

Ducky - I stand by my town read on him. Call it meta, but the intent behind his posts are

BigBangMeteor - I think he's an overeager townie like Shinori, but his reasoning for last cycle was off, so he's maybe a bit misguided.

JB - From what I've read, he seems to be town. Call it a gut feeling.

Kaoz - I feel like his setup discussion is distracting from matters at hand, but I'm not really good at reading him.

Kay - Seems to be ignoring any possibility of WIFOM, which I find to be VERY SUSPICIOUS.

Clips - Null read, which worries me.

Manix - We apparently have 3 revives now, Prims included, plus he has a 'mysterious' no-notification failure. I don't see his lynch working out today, so I'll back off. ;/

Spike/Evil Twin - Claims to have received a new djiin that's apparently just like Prims'. Has not really contributed anything otherwise.

Iris - Aforementioned inactivity (and lack of opinions), plus I get the feeling that she's just watching the lynch go on, instead of really contributing.

##Unvote: Manix

##Vote: Iris

I've already explained why.

Fine. Reasons added, which gives me a convenient way to rant about a few things anyway. See Eclipse and Manix.

Manix - There is no way he would do something that crazy as mafia. Sure, it could conceivably work, but there's still the factor of nobody doing that kind of thing because none of us have the guts. Besides, that role would be insanely good for mafia, since even if we did lynch whoever he revived, he would just keep reviving them. Think about that. Think about how easily he could have just not claimed, and probably no one really would have noticed him much. As much as Proto likes to claim that his games are horribly unbalanced, there's no way this would be a mafia role. Okay, so he might have been lying about the details of his role, or there's even that crazy idea about him being a mafia something-other-than-Reviver, but it does add another layer of improbability.

Joshaymin/Aurora - There's relatively little reason for this placing, except that JB just looks townish IMO. None of the things he's said really seem suspicious, and it does look to me like he's making an effort to post as much as he can.

Shinori - It's possible that the mafia planned on him targeting Bizz so she could say something to make him look more townish, but I doubt it. Does Bizz really chatter enough that anyone would factor it into a strategy, anyway? Comes off as noobtown either way.

Strawman/StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw - Strawman is himself. He said things of actual value when he had free time to stop being himself. Neutral.

BigBangMeteor - Neutral. He's said some suspicious things, he's said some pro-town things, and he's too new for me to use meta.

Iris~ - Post already. I don't like that we're just forgetting she's here just because she's always nonexistent. It's the perfect excuse to say nothing as mafia. Plus I think she's generally been a bit more talkative, at least.

Clipsey!/eclipse - asdf something really doesn't seem right about her. She's not doing much at all to actually create discussion, and this isn't even "Oh, Clipsey's not half the game" not creating discussion, it's that she's doing nothing but occasionally sniping at a few things and pressuring people early in the phase. I'm just not getting the sense that she has much of an actual opinion on anything, either. Plus I don't like how suspicious she seemed to be of Paperblade combined with her scumlist making it sound like Snike hasn't done anything of note. Which he hasn't, but as much as I wanted to hear what he has to say, it doesn't mean he gets a blank slate.

Snike/Paperblade - As I said above, he's not doing anything of note now, which wouldn't be that bad, except that he's also Paperblade and I didn't like him not posting much without significant pressure.

Spike - Didn't like how he said he didn't want to bandwagon C1, was starting to think that wasn't so bad except now he won't talk. Possibly going to sub out isn't the same as actually subbing out, so no, I don't think that's a get-out-of-jail-free card for inactivity.

Kaoz/Ether - It's a good point that he did leave Manix alone after a while, but I still didn't like how contrived his case sounded. It does mean he's just below everyone else and not 9 places below everyone else.

Kay - Seems to be ignoring any possibility of WIFOM, which I find to be VERY SUSPICIOUS.

I'm not ignoring the possibility of WIFOM. I'm dismissing the possibility of crazy improbable WIFOM. You need to keep in mind where that term came from. There's a limit to how much WIFOM should be accounted for. I also don't like you guys just saying "yeah, it doesn't make sense for Manix to be mafia, but it's all WIFOM! He's so clearly town that it makes him mafia!"

Manix, why haven't you voted for someone? You should probably do that. If you don't want to be lynched, we're going to have to lynch someone else instead of you, and your vote would help with this.

I'm not ignoring the possibility of WIFOM. I'm dismissing the possibility of crazy improbable WIFOM. You need to keep in mind where that term came from. There's a limit to how much WIFOM should be accounted for. I also don't like you guys just saying "yeah, it doesn't make sense for Manix to be mafia, but it's all WIFOM! He's so clearly town that it makes him mafia!"

Your definition of crazy improbably WIFOM and my definition are vastly different things. And by you saying that my idea is 'crazy ridiculous', you basically ignored what I said wrt Manix, and particularly how he could use that claim to hang out and survive for a very long time. Kay, with all due respect, stranger shit has happened. See KRRM for an example of that.

And despite what many people are saying about my inactivity, at least I have been trying to give my opinions and reasoning, unlike some people.

@ Shinori

Wait what? I must've misread.

Bold: So he claims this power role that's pretty amazing, but mysteriously 'fails' whenever he can prove it. So, if we believe him, we can't lynch him due to the factor of bringing back the dead. Thus, we lynch other people. Which is exactly what the mafia wants.

Now, here's my theory of what happened. Manix is not actually a reviver, and just claimed roleblocked to last longer. The reason he did this was for WIFOM purposes. Namely, to bring up comments like the one bolded. I mean, apparently we now have three methods of revival, if we are to believe Spike and Manix. I find it highly likely that one or the other is lying.

Except there's nothing preventing us from rooting out and lynching other members of the mafia, if we can manage it, of course. IMO, it's best to leave Manix alone until he either proves his role or we're positive he's mafia. His roleclaim was begging for a roleblock or redirector or whatever; It's very possible he is indeed town and got blocked. And, again, would mafia REALLY let their fellow mafia member claim Reviver (regardless of whether or not that is their real role), when it's universally recognised as a stupid move?

Scum would never have let something like that slip, and again, we can ignore him for now; If he's town, awesome for us, ties up scum roleblocker/redirector/whatever too if he exists. If he's mafia, once he revives Marth he's dead and gone.

also impressions and shit

me - amazing activity

Eclipse - I... can't pull anything for this. I guess it's because she's taken more of a back seat in this game, so it's a lot more difficult to read her compared to previous games.

Kay - Leaning slightly towards town, because of the post restriction. I also agree with her view WRT Manix, which I explained earlier, so nyeh.

BBM - Neutral now. Haven't seen anything from him WRT Manix and who to lynch since the first day of this cycle, needs to stop talking about characters and also start being more active around... now. (I'm aware of how hypocritical this is.)

Shinori - Gut feeling is town, though I don't really see much from him. Bleh.

StSS - Due to the nature of Ether's post restriction (on a not-so-active townie wut), don't think the PR says anything about that. Also neutral on this, don't have many impressions of him WRT this game.

Snike - IDK, man, Paperblade had kinda shitty/inactive play when he was around. Also not really feeling your argument for voting Manix.

Iris - stop being busy =(

Kaoz - Can't get over your constant pushing of Manix during C2 and early part of this cycle. Again, you seemed a little too forceful in the way you've been trying to get him lynched, and that doesn't sit well with me.

Manix - I do believe he's town, and again, can be ignored as a lynch candidate for now. Stupid move was stupid, but he's been able to convince me, at least.

Spike - You're basically Iris who whines about not being given info on C2.

##Vote Spike

I don't care that you were kidnapped; that would have given you 5 days to look over all of C2 and form an opinion on it. Also, all your posts this cycle have been you whining about "why won't anyone give me info i should have found myself =(" with one post about Manix... where you also whined about a lack of GS knowledge. It's almost 7pm your time, and I'm sure you can get your ass in here and contribute something.

Also, WRT popcorn!character claiming, I'm good with the idea once we go into C4.

My intention never was too whine, and stop fucking doing the thing where you put things between quotes and make try to make it look silly.

"Spike you suck "lol i dunno about gs =(" haha vote"

Anyway, I'm trying to sub out. I asked Proto if there was any available subs and he hasn't answered yet.

I heard that I should be voting, so here I am.

##Vote: Snike

Mostly because I didn't like Paperblade's arguments when he was around, and seems to be pushing the fact that I could be mafia reviver too far. Kaoz pushed it, but not even this far. Makes me think he's mafia, and he already knows this, but is being very vocal about it to try and avoid having to NK me, and safely use the NK on someone else, meaning we lose two town anyway, if I get lynched.

Opinions can be later, this was a cameo appearance. Manix out~

Here are more detailed impressions. It's not really ordered in any way.

Shinori- Bizz wasn't mafia and was presumably not lying about receiving a gift. It's possible he gave the gift to make himself seem more townie, but I don't think he's mafia.

Aurora- Meh. I don't have much of a read here.

Strawman- He's seemed fairly townie to me in past cycles, although he's been a bit inactive this one.

Eclipse- I'll borrow a phrase that Kay used to describe me: "He's said some suspicious things, some pro-town things, and he's I'm too new for me to use meta." The main thing I find suspicious is how adamant you are that claiming characters will help only mafia. If we're to believe what Manix said about him being Garet, I would never think of Garet being a Reviver because anyone can use the Tomegathericon, and IIRC, none of Garet's actual class options can learn Revive. Nor would I have pegged Felix as a Tracker.

Manix- Eh... I still don't think we can rule out the possibility of it being a trick yet. I agree with Snike in that however stupid the move might be, he's survived. We didn't lynch him last cycle, and we're probably not lynching him this cycle.

Iris- What a couple people have been saying is true; Iris has mostly just stayed on the sidelines this whole game. I hear that she's got a busy real life atm, but she hasn't requested for a sub either.

Spike- Hasn't said anything much this whole cycle. He's said that that's because he didn't read the C2 posts, but hell, there's pretty much as many in C0. We didn't talk much in C2. Am I the only one who feels it's an excuse? How hard would it have been to just keep up with the thread and not post?

Snike- I'm getting lazy after typing all these impressions and all, and I think I've said enough last cycle about why I found Paperblade's actions suspicious. To reiterate, his last post on C1 seemed like he was trying to distance himself from Marth. To be fair though, all my suspicions on Snike are based off Paperblade. Nothing he himself has done has seemed wrong.

Kaoz- He pushed kind of hard for Manix C2... But he was also the one who suggested we claim characters, and he was fine with saying his character name first if people thought him one of the scummiest- that doesn't seem very scummy to me. It would put him at a pretty serious disadvantage if he was mafia.

I believe more people have brought this up, but I'm only quoting one to keep it cleaner.

Kaoz - Can't get over your constant pushing of Manix during C2 and early part of this cycle.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here to be honest. My actual argument went on for a bit more than 20 (I believe 23) posts, every comment I made after that was in response to someone else bringing it up again, either clarifying something or putting things into what I felt was a proper relation.

Especially during this cycle I didn't push for his lynch at all.

That being said, I won't really be around tomorow, I'll try to post elaborate opinions on everyone before leaving though. Partly because of that, I will also

##Vote: Spike

for now since I'd really like to hear something from his slot, either from him or his sub.

Mostly because I didn't like Paperblade's arguments when he was around, and seems to be pushing the fact that I could be mafia reviver too far.

Now, here's my theory of what happened. Manix is not actually a reviver, and just claimed roleblocked to last longer. The reason he did this was for WIFOM purposes. Namely, to bring up comments like the one bolded. I mean, apparently we now have three methods of revival, if we are to believe Spike and Manix. I find it highly likely that one or the other is lying.

RTFT. I am skeptical of the claims that there are 2-3 revivers in this game. You're not helping your case.

And guess what? I know what I am, and I know what results I got. There was NO flavor as to why my result didn't work, and I was pretty annoyed that it didn't work.

And also, with the amount of djinn present, it's entirely possible that multiple revive possibilities could be present. Ever considered that possibility? I highly doubt it. I'm sure I made a comment earlier (like, in C0) about the possible setup being completely skewed because of all the possible djinn. Think about what you're saying before you say it, please.

Also, as a note: I'm not reviving this cycle, I'm using my djinn. So if anything gets revived, it's not me.

Edited by Manix

And also, with the amount of djinn present, it's entirely possible that multiple revive possibilities could be present. Ever considered that possibility? I highly doubt it. I'm sure I made a comment earlier (like, in C0) about the possible setup being completely skewed because of all the possible djinn. Think about what you're saying before you say it, please.

Also, as a note: I'm not reviving this cycle, I'm using my djinn. So if anything gets revived, it's not me.

With all due respect, I doubt the host left it so laissez-faire as to have a town have 3 revives, djinns included. That's the ability to raise 20% of the players. Which is, you know, slightly ridiculous.

I don't necessarily understand why you're getting so testy when I'm not even pushing for an immediate lynch on you at the moment.

Sorry i haven't been around much lately, life randomly got busy, if things don't slow down real soon, I'll request a sub out.

A smaller list of people who are town to mafia im gonna say is

BBM - Seems like noob town, like me, and has that way the whole game.

Manix - Seems town to me, i don't nescarilly believe the role claim but that's one ballsy move if he's mafia.

Strawman - Thinking he's town, As i'm thinking the people who were afflicted by the posting restriction are most likely town.

Kaoz - Seem's town to me. Also i believe since ehter had been targeted by the post restrictor he also looks fairly town.

Kay - Nuetral, leaning town i think, Has been helpful most of the game, I get more townie vibes from her more than anything.

JB - I'm neutral about Aurora, Seem's mostly town though.

eclipse - Neutral here, I don't know, Has been weirdly inactive for part of the game, more active than me this cycle and i believe cycle 2 as well. I'm bad at this reading thing.

Iris - I forget about iris, partially neutral - leaning mafia though.

Snike - Seems scummy, partially because of how paperblade was and how hea cted before coming into the game, which isn't his fault, but still a better of a bet on him than most people in this game to me.

Spike - Iono, Seems scummy to me, Rapier suspected him and he was town, has been suspected by other people, hasn't helped much this cycle, said he didn't read cycle 2. Also asking for a sub though so could swing any other way.

##Vote: Snike for now, Seem's like the best bet from my point of view, I'll do some quoting and post some other reasons when i get back from dinner MOST LIKELY.

More subs

SPIKE/STOLYPIN NECKTIE HAS BEEN REPLACED BY EXCELLEN. IRIS HAS BEEN REPLACED BY THETINYIMP

Because of this, the phase has been extended by 22 hours. Cycle 3 will now end at 2 AM 19th April 2012

Also, votals

1. Joshaymin/Aurora
  2. Clipsey!/eclipse
  3. Kay/Centurion (1) - Clipsey!
  4. BigBangMeteor
  5. Prims (died C1)
  6. Domu/Rapier (lynched C2)
  7. Shinori
  8. Strawman/StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw
  9. Snike (subbing in for Paperblade) (3) - Iris, Manix, Shinori
  10. Impy/TheTinyImp (subbing in for Iris~) (1) - Snike
  11. Kaoz (subbing in for Ether) (1) - Kay
  12. Manix (0) - Shinori, BigBangMeteor, Clipsey!, Snike
  13. Blues/Marth (lynched C1)
  14. Daigoji Excellen (subbing in for Spike/Stolypin Necktie) (2) - Kay, Joshaymin, Kaoz
  15. Bizz/Levantamos (died C2)

Edited by Luster Purge

So... many... extensions... Well, that one was actually good because I just got my internet connection back after three hours, and I was afraid I'd missed the voting deadline.