Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

Here are the elaborated opinions I promised, my apologies that I didn't manage to get them done earlier. Also it's late, so I won't go into too much detail here.

Shinori - gives away too much info for my taste, but at the same time, assuming the information provided to be true, I can't think of any way it'd be harmful

Manix - didn't really know where to put him since by now I'm rather confused... settled on this position because nothing happened and he didn't even try to defend himself

Strawman - didn't really change from last time, solid overall

JB - more or less see Strawman, although he seems to be missing a detail every now and then

BBM - got a bit more concrete in his opinions I feel which is good, not particularly leaning either way though

eclipse - had some decent posts, some others that could have been better

Kay - basically the same as eclipse

Snike - don't recall anything particularly noteworthy since he subbed in

Iris - non existant, but posts some sort of content every once in a while

Spike - non existand and no content

To finish this up, while it's not a particularly nice move, I'll keep my vote where it is. At the moment I can't find much of a reason to vote any one of the more active players over any of the others, and someone has to be mafia, hence I feel a less active person is the best bet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I didn't know that I was already voting for someone. Err, I don't think that it's fair to have the vote hanging over you when I don't even know what's going on in terms of scum activity, so,

##Unvote

I don't have enough information right now to make a vote. I'll have to just stick it out right now and keep getting some more info.

Mia as the Doctor is probably the only example. I went through all the other Adepts and I couldn't think of an obvious role for any of the other ones.

But whatever, if you guys all think it'll help the mafia more, I'll let it go.

Ivan and/or Sheba could be assumed to have info roles, because of Mind Read/Reveal, but that's about it.

and one of them was based off the incorrect notion that someone had softclaimed roleblocker.

Well, it makes sense to think Bizz was softclaiming roleblocker.

So, is it just me, or am I being bloody lynched by two OMGUSes and Meta/inactivity on the person I subbed in for?

If the meta was that incriminating, why wasn't I lynched last cycle? I mean, really, I'm being called 'inactive' and/or 'not saying much', when in the past cycle and a half I have contributed 75% (Now 80% with this post) of pre-sub Iris' post count all game, excluding the posts of my sub. And most of those posts are opinions/reasoning. Yet who's the one getting singled out?

I'm clearly behind the times on a 'solid' lynch, though, so carry on.

You know, an emotional reaction instead of suggesting something else or claiming or something doesn't really help your case. Uh, congratulations, you're not as inactive as someone who's terminally inactive?

I'm pretty suspicious of both Snike and Excellen, but the fact that Excellen wrote up a reasonably detailed summary when people probably would have let him off the hook for staying quiet, while Snike just raeged, makes Snike look just a bit worse. Dude, if you were town, you shoulda claimed.

But, I'm not going to keep my vote on him. I'm going to unvote so that if I counted correctly, there's a tie. Which will cause the phase to be extended. Hopefully allowing Snike and/or Excellen to claim before someone sneaks in a vote, or Proto facepalms at all of us and ends the phase anyway. I don't think I'll be back before the normal phase end time, BTW. If someone realizes that my votals were off or something, please re-tie the vote.

##Unvote (Snike)

(BTW Proto you have me listed as voting for both Snike and Kaoz.)

TinyImp subbed in and removed Iris' vote on Snike as well, so if you remove your Snike vote, Snike is left with only 2, and Excellen 3. Also, doesn't a tie in votals automatically mean a nolynch?

1. Joshaymin/Aurora
  2. Clipsey!/eclipse
  3. Kay/Centurion (1) - Clipsey!
  4. BigBangMeteor (1) - Excellen
  5. Prims (died C1)
  6. Domu/Rapier (lynched C2)
  7. Shinori
  8. Strawman/StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw
  9. Snike (subbing in for Paperblade) (2) - Iris, Manix, Shinori, Kay
  10. Impy/TheTinyImp (subbing in for Iris~) (0) - Snike
  11. Kaoz (subbing in for Ether) (0) - Kay
  12. Manix (0) - Shinori, BigBangMeteor, Clipsey!, Snike
  13. Blues/Marth (lynched C1)
  14. Daigoji Excellen (subbing in for Spike/Stolypin Necktie) (3) - Kay, Joshaymin, Kaoz, Snike, BigBangMeteor
  15. Bizz/Levantamos (died C2)

I'm too busy right now to bother with pointless flavor. Four people died:

EXCELLEN WAS LYNCHED. HE WAS LUNPA, ADEPT THIEF

tiJS6.png

You are Lunpa, Adept Thief. You are the Righteous Thief and the founder of the town named after yourself. You are a famous thief that apparently disappeared from the world when you chose to remain in Lemuria after you and Babi stumbled across it.

As a skilled thief, you are good at stealing what belongs to other people. During the game, you can use your skills to take away your target's Djinn, allowing you to utilize its abilities. However, since Camelot programmed the Djinn distribution between characters to remain fair and balanced, you have to leave behind your own Djinn. This essentially means you trade your Djinn with your target.

kGvqV.gif

You got the Mercury Djinn, Spritz. You can use this ability to protect three targets at once. All three of them shall be protected from kills. They will not escape lynches, however, and you cannot use this to protect yourself.

You are allied with the Adepts, and win when all threats are eliminated.

You came all this way and then got stuck here? You can't be very bright.” ~Lunpa

JOSHAYMIN WAS KILLED. HE WAS SATUROS, ADEPT MILLER DOCTOR

Aw87l.jpg

You are Saturos, Adept Miller Doctor. You are the greatest warrior from the Mars clan in Prox. You are one of the only two survivors of the Sol Sanctum raid three years ago that triggered the storm. You're also in charge of lighting all the lighthouses, along with Menardi.

From all of the Proxians, your healing abilities are of the highest quality. Your Potent Cure is so effective that you can use it during the game to heal your target, thus ensuring that your target lives on if it were to receive a fatal wound on the same cycle. Being an honorable warrior, you cannot use this to heal yourself or to save someone who is sentenced to be lynched.

Also, due to your aggressive nature, and your tendency to fight against anyone standing in your way, you will show up as guilty when investigated.

HsHXC.gif

You got the Venus Djinn, Mold. When unleashed, the target's action will be redirected to some other target, chosen at random.

Bring it on, whelp! You won't live long enough to regret your stupidity!” ~Saturos

MANIX WAS KILLED. HE WAS GARET, ADEPT NECROMANCER

ochOT.jpg

You are Garet, Adept Necromancer. You are a Mars Adept from Vale and Isaac's closest friend, accompanying him wherever he goes. You're a little clumsy and stupid, but you also try to act heroic all the time (and fail badly).

After reading a book called the Tomegathericon, you have mastered the art of necromancy. During the game, you can utilize this to revive dead players, bringing them back to life. However, they can only remain alive by your power, and you can choose to kill them off if you want. You can revive as many times as you want, but only as long as you are not already maintaining one corpse when you use it. And if you are to die, then the corpse you revived will also die with you.

ohYrW.gif

You got the Jupiter Djinn, Haze. When unleashed, the user will turn invisible, and become completely immune to ALL actions. This will not save you from lynches, though.

You won? Without me? Wow... Way to make a guy feel unneeded there.” ~Garet

SNIKE WAS KILLED. HE WAS SENTINEL, GUARDIAN SOFTENER

1fuzd.gif

You are Sentinel, Guardian Softener. You are the armored Guardian of the Catastrophe tablet that resides in the Sea of Time Islet Cave.

Even though your special attribute is to repel all Psynergy, it isn't an attack so it doesn't matter. However, you have access to your unique Armor Crush to hit your opponents with. When you use this ability during the game, your target will have its defense lowered, making them more vulnerable. Every vote directed towards your target on that same cycle will have its weight multiplied by 1.1x

HsHXC.gif

You got the Venus Djinn, Bane. When unleashed, the target will become poisoned. The poison will slow drain away their life, until they die at the end of the following cycle.

You are allied with the Guardians, and win when all threats are eliminated.

I am the guardian of wind. If you would claim my power, you must prove your worth.” ~Sentinel

Also, the Jupiter Lighthouse has been lit

CYCLE 4 HAS BEGUN. IT WILL END AT 2 AM GMT 22 APRIL 2012

4 people got killed? :blink: Excellen was town... ugh. Why are my predictions always off? :facepalm: At least someone got Snike, who was scum.

3 townies got killed. So 1 was a town lynch, 1 was the mafia kill, and 1 could be from Snike's Djinn, if he used it C2 on Manix or JB. He probably used it C2 on Manix, because Manix said that he was going to use his Djinn this cycle, which would have protected him from the regular mafia kill, but not last cycle's poison. If he used it C2, I wonder why PPB didn't also use it C0... And JB's Djinn... is that what happened to Manix C2? Did JB think Manix was scum? I suppose it's possible someone else has a similar Djinn...

And we thought Mia was the obvious doctor...

And a third lighthouse got lit. Considering Proto removed all the other flavour, I think we can safely say that this will have an actual effect when the Mars lighthouse is also lit.

TinyImp subbed in and removed Iris' vote on Snike as well, so if you remove your Snike vote, Snike is left with only 2, and Excellen 3. Also, doesn't a tie in votals automatically mean a nolynch?

No, a tie doesn't automatically mean a nolynch, according to the rules. Also, I could only post every two hours, I couldn't change my vote. Why didn't you unvote then, instead of just pointing that out? I was aware that the votals didn't work since you ninja'd me, I just couldn't do anything about it.

##Vote: Kay

I know you SAID you thought you were tying it up, but you mentioned TWICE you may have counted wrong. Looks like you were tryin to cover up loose ends once we realized you just caused the lynch of a town INSTEAD of a mafia. No doubt makin sure you had an excuse just in case someone started to catch on. You even made it SOUND like you thought Excellen was leaning more town than Snike what with those summaries or whatever.

No, a tie doesn't automatically mean a nolynch, according to the rules. Also, I could only post every two hours, I couldn't change my vote. Why didn't you unvote then, instead of just pointing that out? I was aware that the votals didn't work since you ninja'd me, I just couldn't do anything about it.

I didn't unvote because at the time I didn't quite get what you meant by "re-tie the votes"" (I do now) and at the time I thought Excellen was mafia.

##Vote: Kay

I know you SAID you thought you were tying it up, but you mentioned TWICE you may have counted wrong. Looks like you were tryin to cover up loose ends once we realized you just caused the lynch of a town INSTEAD of a mafia. No doubt makin sure you had an excuse just in case someone started to catch on. You even made it SOUND like you thought Excellen was leaning more town than Snike what with those summaries or whatever.

Understandable. I mentioned that I may have counted wrong, yeah, because it was possible and I figured it would be just as well if anyone who was online before the end of the phase made sure I got it right. Still, I don't really have a defense here.

. . .holy crap, slightly over a quarter of the game dying. . .

That role PM dump tells me that the characters/abilities are really random. Like, Doctor Saturos?

Also, ssuming 4 Mafia for 4 Guardians, this puts us at 6-2. If there's a third party, 5-2-1. If there are 5 mafia... 5-3 has us in MYLO.

There's seven people left in the game. That makes the numbers 5-2, 4-2-1, and 4-3. . .which means if you guys want me to claim RIGHT NOW, I will. I have no idea how the hell I survived this long, but it looks like I might be of some use this cycle.

JB's role PM implies that there's a cop on the loose. I don't know who you are, but kindly shut up unless you see a guilty.

Wonder what'll happen when the Mars lighthouse is lit?

I didn't unvote because at the time I didn't quite get what you meant by "re-tie the votes"" (I do now) and at the time I thought Excellen was mafia.

Even if you thought Excellen was mafia, why not give him a chance to claim? Otherwise, sounds... kinda reasonable, I guess.

. . .holy crap, slightly over a quarter of the game dying. . .

That role PM dump tells me that the characters/abilities are really random. Like, Doctor Saturos?

There's seven people left in the game. That makes the numbers 5-2, 4-2-1, and 4-3. . .which means if you guys want me to claim RIGHT NOW, I will. I have no idea how the hell I survived this long, but it looks like I might be of some use this cycle.

JB's role PM implies that there's a cop on the loose. I don't know who you are, but kindly shut up unless you see a guilty.

Wonder what'll happen when the Mars lighthouse is lit?

You know what, I kinda do think it might be just as well if you would claim. I don't like the way you pressured Paperblade, seemed to think he was quite likely to be mafia, and then didn't do anything to get him lynched, actually defending his inactivity later on.

I kinda wonder whether the mafia might have a cop. JB seems like an odd target otherwise, and I expect that there isn't a third party role that can kill people, since there was only one nightkill each cycle before now.

Also, as to why I think Paper went inactive. . .that's something for me to know and not to share. If he wants to, he can tell you guys.

Oh crap, my laundry!

Mind explaining what exactly you're doing?

Also, I realized that this confirms that not all the Adepts are necessarily Adepts. Meaning the town could be even more random.