Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, why don't we actually talk about who to test your claim on, instead of just lynching me? It's entirely possible that mafia has some way to affect votes, and even if it would clear you, I don't know if we can afford a mislynch.

My vote is on you because I think you're the scummiest person in the game. I am willing to listen to suggestion, but for now, it stays.

Alternately, Strawman keeps his vote where it is and I vote elsewhere.

Whatever works. There's no point not talking about things, though, and I ought to be able to prove my role if you guys want me to claim. Assuming I'm not roleblocked, anyway, but there's nothing I can do about that.

I happen to think you're the scummiest person in the game, though, and you don't seem to have any way to refute my point about the mafia being able to affect votes.

Well, that was Snike's role. He made someone more vulnerable to votes. Doesn't make sense for another mafia to have the same role.

Again, Djinn.

This is MY ability, not a djinn one. If it makes you feel better, I can prove it twice in a row. Second, think of game balance. A mafia mayor means that the town loses before mafia reaches parity with the town. That is not balanced.

Which reminds me, postgame.

My vote is on you because I think you're the scummiest person in the game. I am willing to listen to suggestion, but for now, it stays.

Alternately, Strawman keeps his vote where it is and I vote elsewhere.

What do you mean by that suggestion? Sounds like you're saying that's an alternative even if you don't find someone scummier. Your mayor ability works in some way other than just increasing your vote directly?

But Djinn are random. Maybe the game just isn't balanced. I don't know that it's your role and not a Djinn. By the time you can prove it twice in a row, mafia could well have won the game, so it's not that important, anyway. Mind claiming your character and flavor, since you've already claimed your actual role?

And for something completely unrelated, I'll probably post sign-ups for my mafia after this cycle.

Wait what

Which game is this :|

EDIT: oh hey that one at the top of that queue that I definitely did not miss nope no way

Edited by ♈Aradia Megido

Just that; if everyone else thinks that lynching someone else is a better idea, I will. However, I think you are the scummiest, so my vote stays where it is. That suggestions to provide more detail about myself sealed it. What ELSE I am isn't important. I also liked how you conveniently ignored why someone with my role as mafia is not balanced.

Just that; if everyone else thinks that lynching someone else is a better idea, I will. However, I think you are the scummiest, so my vote stays where it is. That suggestions to provide more detail about myself sealed it. What ELSE I am isn't important. I also liked how you conveniently ignored why someone with my role as mafia is not balanced.

Why is it that you aren't willing to claim your character? You've been arguing so vehemently against claiming characters, and frankly, I can't think of any way that info would help the mafia that much, at least if you've already claimed your ability. It looks to me like you just don't have a good fakeclaim.

I get why it wouldn't be balanced. But the fact is, with this much randomness in the game, we can't assume that it is balanced. I don't know that your mayor ability is your actual role and not your Djinn, and that's why I want to know what character you are.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I claim Silencer. An easily provable role, and if I were mafia, I think I would have used it before now, no? So why not give me a cycle to prove my role, and actually scumhunt instead of just tunneling on me in the meantime?

You don't have to use any of your abilities if you were mafia, but I'll let it slide for now. Remember that the djinn argument can be used against you, as well, since you obviously haven't done this consecutively. I wonder what would happen to me if I was persuaded and silenced at the same time. . .

We're missing several people, so I'd like for them to come in here and say something. I hope they have more reaction than "oh hey that's nice". They can also give their suggestions on who I should prove my ability on (and proving it on myself is not an option).

-_-

Real helpful, you guys.

You don't have to use any of your abilities if you were mafia, but I'll let it slide for now. Remember that the djinn argument can be used against you, as well, since you obviously haven't done this consecutively. I wonder what would happen to me if I was persuaded and silenced at the same time. . .

We're missing several people, so I'd like for them to come in here and say something. I hope they have more reaction than "oh hey that's nice". They can also give their suggestions on who I should prove my ability on (and proving it on myself is not an option).

True, but would it really be worth not silencing anyone just so I'd have a decent claim at some point? Okay, so maybe it's a Djinn ability instead. So? I'll claim what my Djinn does as well, if that helps. Arguably the silencer ability is from my Djinn and that's why I haven't used it, true, I guess, but your argument still doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

I'd like to know what you think of the rest of the game. All those deaths have to have affected your opinions to some extent, and you haven't done a thing but pounce on me.

Well, since I did say character claims would be useful and all, I'm Piers. Role flavor is that I can make people too dehydrated to talk by using Parch.

Gonna ask a few things here and mention a few other things.

First off I think there are two more mafia members, being the two other optional bosses:

Valukar - who most likely switches Djinns (I am saying this because of Spike's claim on djinn change)

Dullahan - Headless guy most likely is a lynch proof because he is headless and he might have the Djinn storm effect (causes all djinns to go into recovery mode in the game, maybe a vote ability of 0 as well. Dunno. because of Kaoz's recent crazy activity, I am thinking he is lynch proof and mafia and acting all crazy so that he can waste our lynches, my other suspect is Strawman.

Also I'm pretty positive there is some sort of third party role, I have no other info besides that.

As for the recent lighting, I don't have much on it, but in the game, most of the lighting of lighthouses strengthened or weakened elemental classes opposite to that element.(but lighting of both lighthouses of opposite elements should cancel each other's effect if the effect is what I am saying is)

As for Djinns, Strawman said that he was cursed,(this is a Djinn effect, most likely) the curses in game lasts for six flames and kills you once the flames run out, I am thinking that is what hit him and Kaoz and I am thinking this Djinn is owned by another mafia member to make these guys look clear.

Shinori, what do you mean by "crazy activity"?

It's entirely possible that mafia has some way to affect votes, and even if it would clear you, I don't know if we can afford a mislynch.

You mean like Silencer?

That being said, I think it's a reasonable suggestion to talk about the test target. Since you're the target right now, if we decided to go through with it, who would you suggest?

It's called "if you're gonna argue that my non-active, non-targeting ability is a djinn one, then I can very well argue that your targeting claim is a djinn one, too". The only djinn that doesn't seem to target is Manix (active, but non-targeting, I guess). Come to think of it, it's possible that Manix went invisible instead of reviving Prims, though dunno why he'd do that.

Overall: That was a really lackluster voting phase. Like, Excellen was lynched on 3/11 votes. More people died than voted for him to be lynched. Furthermore, there were 7/11 people who voted. Of the ones that didn't vote, Strawman and Kay claimed a post restriction (with Kay posting an unvote an hour before phase end, so she couldn't last-mintue vote, if what she's claiming about her post restriction is true. . .but why she didn't post another vote while unvoting escapes me). IDK why JB didn't vote, but he's dead now, so that's moot. TheTinyImp just subbed in, and stated that she'd sit this one out, so I'll let that go for now (but I'm not sure if I'm gonna like it if she continues to be inactive).

After seeing four different role PMs, I'm not sure what to expect out of flavor. If JB had to claim, would we have believed that Saturos was a doctor?

Sadly, Kay, we're the only ones doing any sort of appreciable talking (Shinori's trying, but he needs to get his facts straight. . .maybe when it's not stupidly late for him?). If everyone else would, like, say something of note, I'll be more than happy to bug them.

This is a fun definition of nothing.

Kaoz - Can't get over your constant pushing of Manix during C2 and early part of this cycle. Again, you seemed a little too forceful in the way you've been trying to get him lynched, and that doesn't sit well with me.

JB - I partially agree with this, Most people didn't really agree with the manix lynch and yet you were pushing it aggresively

Kaoz- He pushed kind of hard for Manix C2... But he was also the one who suggested we claim characters, and he was fine with saying his character name first if people thought him one of the scummiest- that doesn't seem very scummy to me. It would put him at a pretty serious disadvantage if he was mafia.

BBM - Considering the mafia most likely have fake claims already set up it isn't too risky, also him bringing up the idea is still good for the mafia, because the mafia knowing people's role names is very helpful for them. Him saying he would claim first is just easily acting town, I mean he could be town, but as mafia he could easily bring that up and fake claim what they already planned on and we would be none the wiser without a counter claim.

Kaoz - On one hand, the events during the previous cycle didn't look good (tunneling, especially). On the other, Ether claimed to be hit with the same thing Strawman is now claiming to be hit with. I'm not sure what to make of both factors together.

Eclipse - Once again mentions the tunneling onto manix, Also bringing up what i stated in my previous post on you two being targeted by the supposed curse which would be an attempt to make you guys look town.

Kaoz - I feel like his setup discussion is distracting from matters at hand, but I'm not really good at reading him.

Snike - (Yes he was mafia) Could easily have been trying to bring attention to kaoz not being helpful to town, if he is lynch proof then that means it wouldn't have mattered if we had swapped to him because it would have been a wasted lynch.

Kaoz/Ether - It's a good point that he did leave Manix alone after a while, but I still didn't like how contrived his case sounded. It does mean he's just below everyone else and not 9 places below everyone else.

Kay - Mentioned him tunneling manix, didn't like it either.