New Iwata asks: "You can marry any of your allies, and your My Unit characters too."

deuxhero

No lol there is no confirmation on gay marriage what the interview says is that everyone can be paired there is no clarification. Some like to think homosexual couples CAN happen and we won't know until the game is out or more about the system that is used for pairing is revealed

well, technically gay couples can't have children and participate in the generation system, so it would make sense.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look like he has some sort of plate under his cloak thing.

I doubt that is the outfit of a man with 4 defense.

Still, he is an ax user, what's they have historically mediocre defense (backed up only by Godly HP, not that it matters, as they also have trouble evading. Mind you, my Boyd on my recent POR playthru is amazing! With high speed skill strength and HP......queerly, his res growth is going slightly better than defense)

It does look like he has some sort of plate under his cloak thing.

I doubt that is the outfit of a man with 4 defense.

If nothing else, Cleric --> Battle Cleric has a +5 Def promotion gain, and I suspect a substantial bonus to the Def growth rate as well. He's a Priest --> Battle Monk instead, but I doubt he'll be much worse in that area with that class instead, if he's worse off at all.

Mediocre DEF/High HP is plenty more durable than Mediocre HP/Bad DEF which is what Lucius is dealing with.

Priest->BattleMonk is probably the same thing just, well, not "sister".

Edited by Luminescent Blade

well, technically gay couples can't have children and participate in the generation system, so it would make sense.

They could adopt!! For Nagi's sake, there have been orphanages throught out the FE history, with Lucius being the Father of one (or implied to be) in FE6.

Priest->BattleMonk is probably the same thing just, well, not "sister".

There may be slight differences. For Priests, at least, I suspect they'll share Clerics' +5 healing skill, but replace Miracle with something else. There may also be slight statistical differences, but probably nothing huge. Priests, for example, may have a slightly lower Res base stat so they won't have a negative promotion gain when promoting to Sage.

They could adopt!! For Nagi's sake, there have been orphanages throught out the FE history, with Lucius being the Father of one (or implied to be) in FE6.

Adoption wouldn't explain inherited physical traits.

As much as I'd love to produce Sylvia the Master Sniper through lesbian sex with Serge, I don't think it's happening.

Fair enough. It's certainly a possibility.

Man

It'd be cool though

I promised the guys in one of my skype chats that I'd let my fem MU go Tiamo since we're all fans of her but if no lesbians I'll just have to make a male MU instead.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

yes because adopting kids only to make them fight later on is something they would let you do in a game

in the unlikely event that gay pairing is possible the only way it could work is if said gay pair got substitute characters as children (for some weird reason they could decide to raise war orphans)

but that would mean even more characters and we have already been told that the original cast of awakening is about 60 chars

and obviously as Anouleth stated gay people can't have kids naturally so whats the point of pairing them anyway? cause surely they didn't make the pairings just for the anime-style proposal images

Edited by Velth

Fair enough. It's certainly a possibility.

Man

It'd be cool though

I promised the guys in one of my skype chats that I'd let my fem MU go Tiamo since we're all fans of her but if no lesbians I'll just have to make a male MU instead.

Make a male MU that looks like a girl o3o

I'm sure that'd work. :B

But if two guys (Libera and Viole or MU and Krom) can have supports, surely they won't let players get shafted if you max them. After all, Holy War had replacement children so....

I suspect it's not that simple. It seems to have a support system more like the one in FE11/12 in terms of gameplay, which means supports probably won't block out other supports. So you can max your supports with several characters, and then fall in love with an opposite-sex character once you've already maxed your support with them.

I think they wouldn't consider replacements to be as interesting. I'd consider it a worthy trade-off for the option (Libera x Viole!), but I really doubt it'll be the case.

Hasn't anyone here considered that the Libera x Viole support is basically all that it is. Just a support. I mean, just beacuase they support each other doesn't mean they have to become a couple or have a love interest. Sure Japan has a reputation of pairing them up, but perhaps they implemented that only male X female supports would end up being the marriage option.

The Male X male or female x female would end up as a friendship/ bond with each other?

The reason people are hoping this is because the new vid focused a lot on the concept of pairing these units up in romantic relationships. Does it even mention being just friends at all?

Hasn't anyone here considered that the Libera x Viole support is basically all that it is. Just a support. I mean, just beacuase they support each other doesn't mean they have to become a couple or have a love interest.

Of course, it doesn't help that Viole considers Libera attractive....which isn't something straight men tend to other men (usually). Edited by ISRMMBV

Of course, it doesn't help that Viole considers Libera attractive....not something straight friends tend to say to each other.

Only, as far as we know, while thinking Libera is a girl.

I want my gay MU.

Or if not, I want my MU to have the option to be all "sorry women but I just do not give a fuck" and not get together with anyone.

The latter is pretty probable.

There's a character named Libera? Who's a guy? Man, this is going to confuse me.

(There's this one manhwa I'm reading and there's a princess named Libera who's a main antagonist.)