New Iwata asks: "You can marry any of your allies, and your My Unit characters too."

deuxhero

I am curious...

The MU can pair with any of the allied units (Or so IS says) and the offspring of that pairing is determined by the other unit. So, if someone got an MU to pair up with the game's lord unit, does that mean the kid will also be a lord class?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, the jig's up.

Nintendo have explicitly stated on the official site that only opposite-gender characters can get married.

Goddamnit.

No Viole/Libera, I guess. Unless their support makes up for it

Edited by CR-S01

Okay, the jig's up.

Nintendo have explicitly stated on the official site that only opposite-gender characters can get married.

Well they already said 'opposite gender' in one trailer and 'male and female' in another, but there was always the chance that it was 'opposite gender (wink wink nudge nudge)' ah who am I kidding

Also I just noticed Cynthia's hair colour is different (on the site it's the same colour as Sumia's hair, in the trailer it's MU's blonde).

Edited by No. 3

Also I just noticed Cynthia's hair colour is different (on the site it's the same colour as Sumia's hair, in the trailer it's MU's blonde).

Good find. Variable traits, definitely.

Perhaps it'll be possible to forge similar relationships between other male/female pairs for other bonuses, but only MU's will go fully in-depth and wind up with a kid or kids. Also, probably MU is the only character that can wind up with anyone.

The Ends translation makes it seem like MU isn't the only child bearer.

Marriage

"As two characters of different genders deepen their bond, that bond may eventually change to love, and they marry." Their child (remember though, Japanese uses singular as generic) then joins the group, and can fight alongside their parents."

I still don't expect the child to look different aside from MUs kids. Or I could be interpreting this wrong.

Edited by L95

If our eyes aren't deceiving us, we can probably expect the children to look after their mothers (as in, Cynthia is always Sumia's daughter) with a palette from their fathers.

Hmm. I do question the feasibility of this, since we had that note about 60 character models - how many of those are going to be children? Not too many, I would hope, but that wouldn't leave much room to work here.

I mean, we could have, I dunno, 45 regular characters, with about 30 male and 15 female, and then 15 kids, one for each female. But that would require a rather lopsided gender balance (more than this game seems to be going for - we've already seen a lot of females) and still put a rather tight limit on the regular playable characters, unless the children really do turn out to be the main source of new characters late in the game.

Soiree

Liz

Sumia

Tiamo

Serge

Mariabel

Saria

Sairi

Miriel

Velvet

Nono

Olivia

That's 12 already just from confirmed playable, and I may be forgetting some. Also female MU - that could throw a wrench into this.

We can't ignore the possibility that the characters we've seen so far may constitute most of the first generation, if it turns out that way.

Krom

Frederick

Callum

Ronke

Sol

Gaia

Vake

Richt

Donny

Viole

Libera

That's 11, so no evidence of gender imbalance.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be equal - ~20 males, ~20 females, ~20 kids, so that when grinding you can pair up everyone. MU would still be an issue, though, unless something else balanced it out.

Of course, this is just evidence for a random crack theory I had: Marth II's gender is indeterminate, and will turn out to be the opposite of MU's. Or maybe it determines a Harken/Karel pair, like Basilio vs. Flavia.

Edited by Othin

Hmm. I do question the feasibility of this, since we had that note about 60 character models - how many of those are going to be children? Not too many, I would hope, but that wouldn't leave much room to work here.

I mean, we could have, I dunno, 45 regular characters, with about 30 male and 15 female, and then 15 kids, one for each female. But that would require a rather lopsided gender balance (more than this game seems to be going for - we've already seen a lot of females) and still put a rather tight limit on the regular playable characters, unless the children really do turn out to be the main source of new characters late in the game.

Soiree

Liz

Sumia

Tiamo

Serge

Mariabel

Velvet

Saria

Sairi

Miriel

Velvet

Nono

Olivia

That's 13 already just from confirmed playable, and I may be forgetting some. Also female MU - that could throw a wrench into this.

Why velvet is twice there?

Okay, the jig's up.

ah well, Japanese games have had trouble with this subject when it comes to character creation, for a while now.

Hell, the last gay options I can remember from any RPG I played from Japan were in Persona 3 Portable and Summon Night Swordcraft Story

Here's hoping we're not forced to go through with the "get knocked up" mechanic, and it's just something we can choose to do

Edited by StrategistPockystix