Rate the Unit, Day 37: Cath

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Bors: 1.14

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Ray: 4.04

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Sue: 5.64

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Bartre: 6.00

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Klein: 6.53

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Echidna: 7.27

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Tate: 7.89

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Lalam: 8.78

Elphin: 9.00

Rutger: 9.61

tear into her, boys

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PITA to get.

Bad bases, acceptable growths if she could actually get there>_>

Nice support list, but takes too long to support

Cute, and pairs with ROy.

One of FE's few female theives

Theif utility

2/10

Pretty much worthless. Even if you keep her out of melee range she still dies to bolting. She's outclassed horribly, and a pain to recruit. Her combat is absolutely atrocious too, with a base of 3 str, so you can't even use her to fight. HM bonuses don't even save her horribleness. Only time I used her was on the girls only run and

MAN I MISS ASTOHL.

2/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Such a late coming thief that trolls you twice before finally giving in to your righteous demand of recruitment.

Too bad she isn't worth the wait.

*takes lockpick away from Cath and benches her*

There's no point in using her when Chad and Astol do their jobs a lot better. Sure, she'll have the HM bonuses, but they're hardly worthwhile since her bases will still be pitiful. Her STR and DEF will remain the same, when they're 2 and 3 respectively. It's pretty pathetic. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

She'll at least have some use in her joining chapter by maybe getting some locked chests(that Chad, Astol, and or a unit with a chest key didn't get to yet).

1/10, +1 bias since she's funny. 2/10

Edited by ZM456

I kill her in chapter 6.

0%.

Hilarious and true as it is, I have to assume we're recruiting the (worthless) unit in question Ray. ;/

EDIT: And ZM, too, at least rate her based on her terrible performance rather than "benched/10 lol"

Edited by Integrity

Completely outclasses by the other two thieves you get, and you'll probably never take any more than two thieves into one chapter, so she's always benched and she's a bitch to recruit. I would give her a 2/10 for at least thief utility, but then I remember that you actually have to get Roy to backtrack to talk her out of stealing the shit that's in your chests. 1/10 - she shouldn't even exist.

Far out.

PITA to recruit

Thief utility isn't that helpful in FE6

lolstats

Weaker than Chad.

Are there even any positives?

0/10

PITA to recruit

Thief utility isn't that helpful in FE6

lolstats

Weaker than Chad.

Are there even any positives?

0/10

3 free lockpicks?

Eh. Lockpicks aren't horribly important in this game, and you could also steal them from any other thief.

I'd still place her above the likes of Wendy and Sophia since she can do something useful. Just really outclassed at doing so but she can do it nevertheless.

Eh. I'd place her in the zone of negative utility in that she costs turns/effort to be recruited and then does nothing of use. I don't even plan on giving Sophia a 0.

So... Cath. Wow, that Cath. Just uh... look at her go. Yeah. That Cath. Stealing things.

Okay, let's not mince words. Cath is terrible. And you know you're REALLY terrible when you have HM bonuses and can still be called as such. She has a base of 15 in SPD. The funny part is that Astol came 5 chapters earlier with the same SPD base. Granted she has a show-stopping 85% SPD growth, but it doesn't even matter that much, because it caps at 20. It's not completely out of reason (though granted, still kind of unlikely) for Astol to have capped SPD and serve fine in his lockpicking and stealing capacities. If you REALLY want a second thief for some reason, I guess if you completely ignored Chad earlier she would be a more preferable choice to him. But you don't need a second thief, because last I remembered FE6 didn't have this amazing haul of loot in its chests and on its enemies that you absolutely had to have two thieves for.

Also, if for some strange reason she ever has to engage in combat, she has a base of 3 in STR and 2 in DEF. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. To be fair, she does bring a second (third?) lockpick for Astol, so I guess there's that. And she does receive at least half a point extra for a bit of extra help lockpicking in C12, if you've bothered talking to her and not killing her when she tries to nab your treasure when showing up before.

2/10

2/10. Even with hard mode bonuses, she's still awful. That said, she still has thief utility, and being just like Robin Hood gets her a point of bias, upping it to 3/10.

Takes time and effort to recruit - and not the usual "must go a little out of the way" sense but the Xavier-tier "must do a bunch of shit multiple times" sense that starts to stretch the bounds of what is reasonable to do - and isn't any damn good when you finally do get her. Can't fight, just like Chad and Astohl, and hasn't been around as long as they have been actually doing something. By the time you do get her, there's barely any point. Oh, and her supports are awful and the fastest is Geese at 20+1. The rest are with characters who want nothing to do with her at 1+1. Not happening.

1.5/10

How come Cath's votes are so much worse then Astohl's and Chad's? Don't they have the same utility? Do bases and growths really matter that much for thiefs in this game?

Chad has earlygame treasure to his name before you can buy chest keys and has about 15k worth of treasure + some nice weapons all to himself. Astohl can survive a bolting if need be and is best candidate for the desert (provided you don't use that 100% RNG thing) since he can survive a dragonknight if need be as well, and isn't terrible at dealing with those bandits at the bottom while getting treasure. Cath is a pain to recruit, comes after buyable chestkeys, is redundant and outclassed, and can't survive a bolting.

How come Cath's votes are so much worse then Astohl's and Chad's? Don't they have the same utility? Do bases and growths really matter that much for thiefs in this game?

Not only is she obsolete by now, but at least Astol can take a hit just in case. Cath won't live through hardly anything she can't dodge with 2DEF-3RES.

Fixed Integ. If it's not good enough, then tell me.

it *works* - I'm not going to throw it out - but it's still kinda dangerously close to "bench lol"

So adequate, no need for further revision, thanks.