Hero King Marth DLC

Shun One

Checked the official site and noticed a small update. Behold Marth:

http://www.nintendo..../dlc/index.html

This isn't the same masked Marth we've seen, it's the spirit of the Hero King Marth from another world. After clearing the DLC map you get his talisman/card and he joins your party.

Also, the Communications section got an update. That's where I found the above:

http://www.nintendo....ex.html#/comm4/

Edited by Shun One

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it was done by a different artist. It names the illustrator I think, but I can't read kanji that well to know if it's a different artist.

EDIT: That's why it looks vaguely familiar. Now that I look at it, I can see how it'd fit the style of Dawn and Radiance.

Edited by Shun One

so ... why is he a dlc character? does that mean that the masked dude is another version of him?

also who is the old man talking to krom?

Edited by Velth

so ... why is he a dlc character? does that mean that the masked dude is another version of him?

also who is the old man talking to krom?

I was wondering the same thing. I suppose we'll have to wait till the game is released to know for sure. Whether Masked Marth is an impostor or Marth himself, we at least know Marth has been seen wearing his fancy new out-fit without the mask.

This isn't the same masked Marth we've seen, it's the spirit of the Hero King Marth from another world. After clearing the DLC map you get his talisman/card and he joins your party.

Ah! I see. I'll add this to the first post and update the title.

I'm pissed. They took SSB Marth, which I thought was going to be the standard look for him in future FE games and I liked it, but instead they said "THIS IS WRONG, FIX IT" and gave us girly blue striped yoga pant fucking knee sock leather boots and no muscle whatsoever. I'm also disappointed they couldn't make him more colorful, all I see is blue and a bit of red. Ugh, maybe I don't even want FE13 now.

I'm pissed. They took SSB Marth, which I thought was going to be the standard look for him in future FE games and I liked it, but instead they said "THIS IS WRONG, FIX IT" and gave us girly blue striped yoga pant fucking knee sock leather boots and no muscle whatsoever. I'm also disappointed they couldn't make him more colorful, all I see is blue and a bit of red. Ugh, maybe I don't even want FE13 now.

marth has never had a standard look .... compare his look in fe1 to fe3 and then go to fe12 artwork and see the difference

also this game just does things differently and that is the style which they want to go with .

Marth was never colorful it was always blue, red for the inside of the cape and brown for his straps and belt

and fe13=compilation of all the stuff that was good in previous FEs if you don't want to play it your loss

and don't get worked up over how a characters looks

and almost forgot but I wonder if this is how they'll introduce other characters as well like the main lords from previous games

Edited by Velth

I honestly don't see how anyone could mistake Marth for a girl. Whether it be this iteration, or his previous ones. He's always looked rather effeminate, or bishounen/pretty boy, but I wouldn't mistake him for a woman. I looked at his Brawl incarnation next to this one and really, I don't see much difference. Other than here he doesn't look as Asian. Not trying to say people are wrong for saying he looks like a woman specifically, just that I don't really see it.

Like Veith, I'm also wondering if this is how the other lords will be introduced. I think it worth noting that Marth got a completely new art work to go along with his inclusion, so that gives hope for some of the other characters. Even if it's only the previous lord's.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Celice.

Edited by Shun One

Every FE installment improved Marth's looks, and now it seems like they decided to take a few steps back. I'd rather have FE1 skirt Marth in the game, atleast it would be classic. And even if he has never really been colourful why not change that now? Dark blue everything sucks.