Classes Trailer

Kia-en

Leveling them up to LV40 or LV60 is quite free, just not unlimited. And I haven't seen it made into that major of a point.

It's a selling point, stated outright

Postgame seems like a safe assumption. Tell me: outside of postgame, where could unlimited Change Seals come from? None of the options possible entirely ingame sound all that plausible.

Wandering merchant

At the very least, it's confirmed she sells Master Proofs

Selling Change Proofs too wouldn't be exactly surprising to me

Edited by TheEnd

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wandering merchant

At the very least, it's confirmed she sells Master Proofs

Selling Change Proofs too wouldn't be exactly surprising to me

What exactly do we know about the wandering merchant and what might determine how often she shows up?

Whatever is the truth, however, as I explained, the possibility is not relevant to anything here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31799&view=findpost&p=1934881

Did I miss when the falcoknnight promotion was disproved?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31799&view=findpost&p=1934781

Troubadour / Pegasus Knight: http://serenesforest...img/150312B.jpg

Falcon Knight: http://serenesforest...img/290312B.jpg

My source is the stat wheel displayed in the description of each class, next to the appropriate characters. Starting at the top and going clockwise, the stats are Strength, Defense, Skill, Magic, Resistance, and Speed. Not sure why they're in that order, but that is absolutely what the symbols mean.

To calibrate my analysis of those stat wheels, I used these two scans:

http://serenesforest...g/16022012C.jpg

http://serenesforest...img/070312C.jpg

You may notice that for Cavalier, the Defense section of the wheel meets the edge of the first circle exactly. Meanwhile, for Great Knight, the Defense section meets the end of the second circle exactly, the largest jump. Defense is also the largest promotion gain from Cavalier --> Great Knight, at +7, as seen in the second scan. From this, I was able to determine that each section means 7 points of the base stat.

I won't bore you with the details, but I confirmed this analysis with thorough comparisons of the other stats. Feel free to see for yourself; the differences from class changes always line up perfectly with the differences between the distances on the stat wheels on a 0-14 scale. (Generals' Def breaks the scale at 15, poking just outside the second circle.) So through comparisons and careful examination, I found those as the base stats for those classes. They are correct. For these, the scans were clear enough that there can be no question of it.

Stat changes from class changes always mirror the changes in base stats perfectly, in a system like this. It is the only thing that will allow Reclassing to work properly. My investigations confirm those stat wheels to be an accurate representation of the classes' base stats on such a scale. And even if you aren't concerned with the exact numbers, observe the huge leaps in base stats from Troubadour to Falcon Knight - compared to the far more reasonable leaps from Pegasus Knight to Falcon Knight, as Pegasus Knight is ahead of Troubadour in every stat - often far ahead. You don't need the numbers to see this.

Ah thank you. Now i see where you're coming from .What you said about troubadours and pegasi now makes sense, we're in for some crazy promotion bonuses in some cases it seems . So since I assume the troubadours must remain a staff using class does this mean that they'll promote to an infantry class like others mentioned?

Also about the change proofs they will probably come is less quantity than master seals in the main story but since the postgame is pretty much a given(how else are gonna access future DLC once you've finished the main story)it's safe to assume they'll be purchasable

Ah thank you. Now i see where you're coming from .What you said about troubadours and pegasi now makes sense, we're in for some crazy promotion bonuses in some cases it seems . So since I assume the troubadours must remain a staff using class does this mean that they'll promote to an infantry class like others mentioned?

Also about the change proofs they will probably come is less quantity than master seals in the main story but since the postgame is pretty much a given(how else are gonna access future DLC once you've finished the main story)it's safe to assume they'll be purchasable

The infantry possibility does sound odd, but I can see Battle Cleric working as a promotion, as another healer class.

THEY EAT THE HORSE FOR THE +5 STR AND THEN USE ITS BONES TO MAKE THEIR FIRST AXE

Edited by Othin

This might sound a bit out there but... they could promote to Dark Pegasi?

Under the idea that there needs to be some large loss to have such a stat boost, having double E ranks (or D/E rank, either or) after promotion and losing your primary weapon level is pretty much unheard of. The only thing like that is Ewan's promotion in Sacred Stones to Dark Magics. This undercuts your concerns about Trou->Falco promotes, maintains use of the magic stat which a Trou would be primarily working on, and adds another step to make a Trou->Falco change happen (Change Seals). And that's under the assumption any Troubador has a Change Seal class in the Pegasus->Falco sets.

Outside of the unlikely scenario that there's a new class we haven't seen before, it looks Troubadors will be the first class to promote out of a mount.

The infantry possibility does sound odd, but I can see Battle Cleric working as a promotion, as another healer class.

THEY EAT THE HORSE FOR THE +5 STR AND THEN USE ITS BONES TO MAKE THEIR FIRST AXE

And it happened, Troubadours promote to Battle Sister (4.12 website update shows all classes, base stats and their promotions).

Some random thoughts:

- Sage > Sorceror > Dark Knight > Valkyrie in terms of Magic

- Valkyrie > Sage > Dark Knight > Sorceror in terms of Speed

- Dark Pegasus have awesome bases compared to the other 3 mage classes.

- Griffon Riders are speedier and more skilled than Dragon Knights. Their Resistance sucks just as much though.

- Battle Sister == Battle Monk

- Assasins have a little more Strength than Sword Masters. Heroes also seem to have the same Str than Assasins.

- Tricksters have low Strength

- Berserkers look great (max Str, very high Spd)

Edited by Kia-en

And it happened, Troubadours promote to Battle Sister (4.12 website update shows all classes, base stats and their promotions).

Some random thoughts:

- Sage > Sorceror > Dark Knight > Valkyrie in terms of Magic

- Valkyrie > Sage > Dark Knight > Sorceror in terms of Speed

- Dark Pegasus have awesome bases compared to the other 3 mage classes.

- Griffon Riders are speedier and more skilled than Dragon Knights. Their Resistance sucks just as much though.

- Battle Sister == Battle Monk

- Assasins have a little more Strength than Sword Masters. Heroes also seem to have the same Str than Assasins.

- Tricksters have low Strength

- Berserkers look great (max Str, very high Spd)

Assassins seem like the most interesting part of this. They actually don't suck now!

And wtf

Dragonmaster

Str: 11

Mag: 0

Skl: 8

Spd: 7

Def: 11

Res: 3

Troubadour --> Battle Sister is still weird, but it's the most sensible way they could have gone, regardless. So it's good to see.

The Falcon Knight doesn't look like Sumia or Tiamo. New character, or just someone else Reclassed into it?

Did anyone notice the official site doesn't list the promotions for Villager?

I'm guessing they're character-based. So Donny will promote into whatever three base class options he has. Another character with the class, if they were to exist, would have different options. Even if they don't exist, though, they're still not class-determined.

Edited by Othin

I have a feeling Villagers don't promote at all and you're supposed to use a Change Seal to swap to the other two classes. That might explain why Donny is such a strong Villager in some screenshots.

I have a feeling Villagers don't promote at all and you're supposed to use a Change Seal to swap to the other two classes. That might explain why Donny is such a strong Villager in some screenshots.

Yeah I was thinking that too, in the Wi-Fi Co-op picture, Donny has really high HP. He's also fighting alongside a promoted Liz.

Also pitiful damage. How do we consider that?

I'm really not sure what to think of this guy. It does seem like he must have some way to at least return to the class, but being stuck there until using a Change Proof would be... abysmal. Regardless of his growths.

Imagine he auto promotes back to a level 1 Villager unless you Reclass him.

I'm a little worried about the Dark pegasus' base mag. Seems to be as high as Sages according to the images. I hope dark magic can seriously help the Sorcerer to compete with the Dark Pegasus in combat prowess.

lol battle clerics

Seems like so. Considering how Manaketes and Taguels are special classes and can reclass, but not promote... also, I'm unsure, but I think I saw him as hero in a video.

Edited by TheEnd

Imagine he auto promotes back to a level 1 Villager unless you Reclass him.

I'm a little worried about the Dark pegasus' base mag. Seems to be as high as Sages according to the images. I hope dark magic can seriously help the Sorcerer to compete with the Dark Pegasus in combat prowess.

Sages have a skill that gives them +5 Mag while equipping Tomes. Sorcerers may get the same.

lol battle clerics

Seems like so. Considering how Manaketes and Taguels are special classes and can reclass, but not promote... also, I'm unsure, but I think I saw him as hero in a video.

Multiple videos, yeah. Hero is definitely an option for him.

Edited by Othin

Yeah, I also think I saw him as a Cavalier somewhere.

Sages have a skill that gives them +5 Mag while equipping Tomes. Sorcerers may get the same.

Probably through reclass?

Yeah, I also think I saw him as a Cavalier somewhere.

I wonder if he has broad options like MU

Or

Or

Maybe he can just reclass into Archer, Mercenary, Mage, Knight or Cavalier

Probably through reclass?

Well, through reclass, you can get any skills to any class. But the classes seem to be balancing out well enough when that isn't taken into account, so I get the idea that Magic Expert will be built-in as a learned skill for both Sages and Sorcerers, so that they can both stand up better against their counterparts.

What's the point of trainees when we have Change Proofs to grind endlessly? Even they're limited in number, you'll still need to use one on Donny anyway to get him out of Villager.

What's the point of trainees when we have Change Proofs to grind endlessly? Even they're limited in number, you'll still need to use one on Donny anyway to get him out of Villager.

Are you going to grind endlessly, at least in the story mode?

I know I won't, and I suspect the same goes for most players. Perhaps IS actually realizes that?

Hmm...I hope Miriel can reclass to Pegasus knights. That way, I can get That skill then reclass from sage to get that skill and be an all mighty high damage dealing Dark Pegasus with tomes. Screw the spears...or staves when you have tomes and flying 8]

Hmm...I hope Miriel can reclass to Pegasus knights. That way, I can get That skill then reclass from sage to get that skill and be an all mighty high damage dealing Dark Pegasus with tomes. Screw the spears...or staves when you have tomes and flying 8]

Either way, she should be able to learn it as a Sage, then Reclass to Dark Knight for similar results.

If you like Dark Knight, anyway. I know I do.

Edited by Othin

I prefer Dark Pegasus...those bases...and flying. Not everyday you see flying tome users. The total attack range would be staggering. And if mounted units move like they did in FE9~10, imagine what Dark Pegasus can do with long ranged tomes(again, if they make a return for players)