• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.

Name it penis, and have it suck.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

Oh well, time to wait another week for my turn.

Silly Green, penises don't suck, it's the other way around. :P: ohwait

dathit_007_17042012_184709.jpg

Well, there went all of my luck. A 1% encounter rate, while searching for a surfer (to get Psyduck). Said encounter being the SECOND ONE. Said encounter holding an item that has a 5% APPEARANCE RATE. And I actually CAUGHT it.

Eail, when you get to the end of the Safari Zone, this one's for you.

EDIT: And I have a Modest Exeggcute as well. emot-arghfist.gif:awesome:

Edited by Venusaur

venusaur used cheats to get it don't trust him

You're just jealous of my amazing Pokemon catching luck skill. :smug:emot-respek.gif:smug:

And besides, I found a Shiny Mankey last draft. I always catch the best things I can't use! :awesome:

You're just jealous of my amazing Pokemon catching luck skill. :smug:emot-respek.gif:smug:

And besides, I found a Shiny Mankey last draft. I always catch the best things I can't use! :awesome:

N-No!!

But seriously you're incredibly lucky.

Too lucky...

N-No!!

But seriously you're incredibly lucky.

Too lucky...

I also have lots of bad luck- one time the Old Man caught a Shiny Weedle. Much rage was had.

And besides, you get to reap the benefits of my good luck because I'm giving you the Exeggcute! Just make sure to only take it AFTER you complete the Safari Zone (essentially just get Surf). Same goes for Eail and the Dragonair.

Since this draft is pretty casual, the trade EXP bonus shouldn't break the whole game apart or unbalance things too bad, it's essentially just less grinding.

I could write up a tutorial on how to trade via emulator, but... emot-effort.gif

fr.zip

Eail, when you get to the end of the Safari Zone, this one's for you.

Sweetness! But what do I do with the Download File?

Edited by Eail

Sweetness! But what do I do with the Download File?

You get VBA Link and open your FR/LG save and my FR save in separate windows, ideally using two copies of the ROM. Make sure the controls are set differently, so that you can control each window separately. Then, go trade like normal! Just don't use the Union Room, use the Direct Corner.

And of course, only do this after you've been through the Safari Zone.

EDIT: Those of you with trade-evos probably already know what I'm talking about, since this is practically necessary for you too.

Edited by Venusaur

Do I have to use the VBA Links emulator or can I use my normal one?

Also, here's my current team

pokemonfirered.png

pokemonfirered2.png

You have to use VBA Link to trade, but you can just rename the save file's extension to .sa1 for VBA Link, and then switch it back to .sav and use the normal VBA when you're done trading.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to point out the EXP difference between those two- it takes 5000 less EXP for Charmeleon to reach the same level as Pikachu! Just another example of how Medium Slow Pokemon are great for ingame.

Edited by Venusaur

geoDUDE

if my little brothers know how to trade and battle each other via emulator, i can too!

In the other FRLG draft, the early grounds went slowly.

Except for Diglett and the Nidos who went first round..

In the other FRLG draft, the early grounds went slowly.

Except for Diglett and the Nidos who went first round..

Oh, yes, that Diglett. Or should I say, that ADAMANT DUGTRIO. getin001.gif So many fun times with that bro. And I still don't know why Rattata hasn't gone yet, that thing is an amazing foil for earlygame.

In the other draft, things went a lot differently, mid-late stuff got picked very early (Staryu, Jynx, Lax) while in this one all the early ones were snapped up.

In fact, I think the Pokemon List is why things went so differently: yours was ordered on a tier list, while mine was pure availability. That probably influenced us all, because who doesn't like picking things off the top of the list? (And, I made sure to preserve mine, so that it can be used for FR/LG 3: Return of the King)

I also have lots of bad luck- one time the Old Man caught a Shiny Weedle. Much rage was had.

And besides, you get to reap the benefits of my good luck because I'm giving you the Exeggcute! Just make sure to only take it AFTER you complete the Safari Zone (essentially just get Surf). Same goes for Eail and the Dragonair.

ugh I am way too lazy to figure out how to trade through emulators... D:

Eh, if I feel like getting it from you then I'll do it. :U