Who plans to marry Nono?

There's clear time progression in FE4, though. They tell you the year when Sigurd starts and the year when chapter 5 happens. Dew join very early and probably is 13 at first, but he's probably 15-16 by chapter 5.

And by that time he already was the father of two children. That really just makes it worse.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aware a good deal of you are squicked out at the "loli" thing going on, but you're tossing around a word that has a proper legal and medical definition, and it doesn't really apply at all in this case.

She acts like a human eight-year old. She has the appearance of an eight-year old. The fact that she happens to be like 1200 is not an excuse; anyone who finds her sexually attractive is a paedophile, and the idea that she can be paired with someone who gets her with child is /fucking unnerving/.

How much you want to bet:

a) that the mere possibility of controversy from this has the localizers spooked

and/or

b) that the game won't give you the chance to make them so in the international releases? :p

I would, for once, not be opposed to censorship. It's fucking paedophilia.

That said, I don't think B will happen.

can gay and lesbian pairings happen in this game? ^^' NonoxTiki

No, because according to IS homosexuality is less moral than fucking and impregnating someone who looks and acts like an eight-year old girl.

(okay so it's more likely the whole 'children' aspect but even so)

Have her marry one of the other young characters, and they don't actually have the kid until, like, 10 years later

Nono still acts like a child because she's a ditz and "looks like a child" is just referring to when they met

There, problem solved

I can barely understand this, and I don't think any of it works for anything at all.

Why is everyone on about the whole Nono is a loli thing. Seriously, it sounds like you guys are all just trying to sound like you are "morally aligned" by saying you are not gonna have her marry anyone, and then you will probably turn around and marry your MU to her and have sick fantasies and the like about it.

... No, it sounds like us guys don't tolerate paedophilia. If you're conceding that any fantasies about it are 'sick', then I'm not sure why you're in disagreement with us for the rest of your poorly thought-out, inane post.

1. Nono cannot be prepubescent, if we are to assume dragons have a comparable ageing cycle to humans, only its like 200 times longer, then it would take at least 100 years for her to become fertile even if she was at the cusp of puberty when the game starts. Which is much longer than most human lifespans.

I'm not entirely certain what your point is, but I'm pretty sure it passively endorses taking advantage of anyone, no matter their mental state, as long as they've passed a certain age.

2. It could very well be that dragon females simply look younger than they are, regardless of age.

Everything I've heard seems to say that her personality matches her age. If that's incorrect, then the edge is taken off of it, but you're still fucking someone who looks like a child.

3. Shes a F***ing DRAGON! What do you people not understand about that!! Its like comparing wild cats to us, "oh that lioness is only 3 years old, that 10 yearold Loin is such a pervert!" It does not work that way.

It does not work that way BECAUSE THEY ARE LIONS. This manakete has a human aspect (that of an eight year old girl which is going to be violated and impregnated by some dude) and a personality we can ascertain as ALSO being that of an eight-year old.

4. If Nono felt she was being taken advantage of, don't you think she would... I don't know... EAT THE GUY?

she is mentally eight years old

she is not hard to psychologically fuck up

Now if you could all lay this conversation to rest. Its pointless.

You're a Troper, aren't you? I'm recognising a certain strain of 'shame on the HATERS ;.; rather than the poor innocent paedophiles' here.

ITT Ninjamonkey just made it to creeper tier.

Regardless of her appearence, she's still 1000 years old or whatever... Besides, I'm not interested in her anyway.

I can't imagine any of the Laguz-type characters being weddable...no wait, that's the wrong word... Marryable? Doesn't seem right. ...Mariabel?

I'd marry Vika.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

This whole conversation freaks me out on so many levels, and I'm not sure why I'm bothering now.

She acts like a human eight-year old.

she is mentally eight years old

Two points:

1) Acting like you're 8 and being mentally 8 are entirely different things. Which is it?

2) I haven't seen any source that specifies anything aside from "she acts young" like every other young/female manakete in the entire series.

anyone who finds her sexually attractive is a paedophile

I agree. God knows I'm only arguing this because the proper definition of the term barely applies.

If you want to go by the medical definition of a pedophile. The target needs to be a) prepubescent b) 5 years younger than the "pedophile". A is mostly ruled out by the ability to have children, and B is ruled out by the whole "over 1000 years older."

It does not work that way BECAUSE THEY ARE LIONS.

At the same time, it's hard to impose a human concept onto a DRAGON, the same way human concepts don't apply to lions and vice versa. Like I said before as a joke, the dragons would probably see her as the pedophile.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

If you ever have to resort to "the little girl is the real pedophile" you need to take a good hard look at your priorities.

If you ever have to resort to "the little girl is the real pedophile" you need to take a good hard look at your priorities.

If you don't understand the word "joke" you need to look at your priorities.

(I have even specified that it freaks me out as well.)

We know Nono acts as if she is fairly young. What we do not have is evidence that she is "mentally" eight years old. She may be substantially more mature than that; we can't tell until we see more of her dialogue. There's no sense in making assumptions based on her appearance.

I'd say it just really highlights an absurd situation.

None of this even matters. Having sex with a Manakete is beasitality, so you're off to jail either way.

Nope, they're far too humanoid for that.

If you don't understand the word "joke" you need to look at your priorities.

(I have even specified that it freaks me out as well.)

You tried arguing dragon taboos are different from human ones. Even though it's a video game written by people.

You tried arguing dragon taboos are different from human ones. Even though it's a video game written by people.

It's written by people who implemented the "you can sleep with a dragon girl that looks 8." Your point?

It's a fictional character, that happens to look like a young girl, that transforms into a fucking DRAGON.

The entire concept is absurd. Absurd enough that the definition of the medical disorder people keeping tossing around doesn't actually apply. As much as it freaks me out, it's being taken rather far.

It's written by people who implemented the "you can sleep with a dragon girl that looks 8." Your point?

It's a fictional character, that happens to look like a young girl, that transforms into a fucking DRAGON.

The entire concept is absurd. Absurd enough that the definition of the medical disorder people keeping tossing around doesn't actually apply. As much as it freaks me out, it's being taken rather far.

The game itself does not even agree with you. Soso asks if her father just liked little girls. Saying "they're not actually a human being" does not matter when the character they made looks like a little girl, acts like a little girl and is treated as if she was a little girl. She is effectively a little girl.

The game itself does not even agree with you.

I'm sorry, are we discussing this in-universe of out-of-universe? I simply stated that the people who wrote the game included it when you said that it was written by people (and written with human taboos in mind). Regardless of what anyone thinks of it, they still included it.

Second of all, I think it's weird and do not agree with it. I'm merely pointing out the the legal definition doesn't really apply, and that it's still a fictional character. (And perhaps playing devil's advocate a bit.) The obsession over the topic in here is actually becoming creepier than the subject matter.

Saying "they're not actually a human being" does not matter when the character they made looks like a little girl, acts like a little girl and is treated as if she was a little girl. She is effectively a little girl.

A little girl who had a kid. "Treated" so much like a little girl that she had a kid. How much information do we have about what people in the game think about it all, aside from Soso? Or how Nono is treated, or how she acts? The only thing I've read is that she "acts" like a little kid.

Since apparently, you're a selective reader, I'll restate yet again, I agree that it is weird, but you're all taking a fictional character a tad bit serious.

Edit: @ Post below me. It's not that much of a debate, I, essentially, agree with everyone else. I just feel it's being grossly exaggerated. (With a dash of "I'm bored and playing devil's advocate because people keep replying to me")

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

Anyone else find it hilarious how the game offers incentives for this with the children system?

Want an extra Manakete? Pair someone with the loli. Want two extra Manakates? Pair yourself with the loli.

Edited by Othin

Anyone else find it hilarious how the game offers incentives for this with the children system?

Want an extra Manakete? Pair someone with the loli. Want two extra Manakates? Pair yourself with the loli.

Lol yes. Especially since pairing yourself with the grown manakete equates to one child, possibly not a Manakete. XD