KoT Patch (Update, 4/27: New Shaman Unit Now In C6! C6 Poll Ends Soon!)

Kngt_Of_Titania

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Features Should Be Implemented in C6?

• A) Make boss a theme, replace more units with shamans!
    • B) Buff up boss and nearby entourage, place spider further back!
    • C) Heavy fog (shorter Fog of War sight distance), give Natasha 15 Use Torch in C5!
    • D) Monster reinforcements!
    • E) Your own idea! (Please post it)

There IS shading on the body. . .but the colors are so ridiculously faint that it's hard to catch unless you go at a pixel level.

I did a basic recolor of everything to FE8 colors, and. . .I suggest resplicing the hair and body to FE8 stuff, and fixing the head angle so it matches both aforementioned things.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering FE8's overshaded hair and your distinctly FE7 hair shading (less than FE7, actually...) I'd say either splice her some new hair with actual shading, or try drawing in shading yourself. Right now it's pretty terrible.

Also, I shouldn't need to point it out but there's no shading at all on the body.

If you're terrible at art, like me, get a whole bunch of progress done on the hack, gameplay and text wise, and then ask spriters for help so they know you do a good job.

Yeah, you're probably right. I've spent WAY too much time trying to get her to work; I can't do the shading for the body because I'm hitting the 16 color cap (and the hair style is mostly a FE7 recolor). This is the best I can do so far:

PrototypeCassie.png

If anybody can fix this, I'd be immensely grateful at this point.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

CHANGES MADE:

1. Recolored the hair to a more reasonable shade of brown.

2. Recolored the clothing so we can see WTF is going on.

3. Added a few missing outline pixels.

4. Cropped her to a more reasonable height (how tall is she supposed to be, anyway?)

. . .you might seriously want to have someone that knows WTF they're doing with splicing completely redo this. And start by making her head at a more reasonable angle.

sjBEd.png

Edited by eclipse

CHANGES MADE:

1. Recolored the hair to a more reasonable shade of brown.

2. Recolored the clothing so we can see WTF is going on.

3. Added a few missing outline pixels.

4. Cropped her to a more reasonable height (how tall is she supposed to be, anyway?)

. . .you might seriously want to have someone that knows WTF they're doing with splicing completely redo this. And start by making her head at a more reasonable angle.

sjBEd.png

Thanks for that. I didn't realize the splice was THAT bad, though (aside from the robe shading being erased when I requantized, ofc). :>

1) I actually stole the colors from Ellen's hair.

2) Looks nice.

3) Thanks!

4) The weird height was mainly so it would work in FE Adv. The face didn't seem to line up otherwise, which sucked.

Do not mix FE6/7 colors with FE8 colors. It looks weird. If you can't palette FE8 colors, steal them from someone else.

Meanwhile, bleh. I'm not in the mood to touch GIMP.

Basics:

1. The outline color's wrong (I don't mind fixing this).

2. Not sure why there's four colors on the scarf, and 3.5 for the skin (dunno what you want to count that chin outline as). It's usually 2-3 for clothing and 4-5 for skin.

3. There's a subset of skin tones that are used within FE8; yours leans a bit too far on the pink side. Again, I don't mind recoloring that.

There's several FE sprite sheets floating around; use that as a color reference.

2. The chin outline's the hair outline, whoops. Should it be a different color? Hmm, the scarf is Lucius', and I only hacked off the ends and recolored it. So, more skin colors and less clothing colors? Got it.

Ah, yeah, I just saturated the original, so it's probably off by a lot. If you could recolor it, that'd be very helpful :)

Done. Hunting down stray pixels wasn't fun. Thanks to my incompetence when it comes to eyes, you're gonna have to give me a hand here.

Hair color: Rennac

Skin color: Natasha

Scarf color: NPC girl

Shirt color: Duessel

SzKCF.png

EDIT: Was that thing above her scarf meant to be a collar? If so, then I apologize.

Edited by eclipse

Alright, 3 more hours...

It's improved a bit, I think; the nose has been changed to FE8 style, the eyebrows that the FE8 sprites sport have been added, the face/hair shading now uses colors from a FE8 character, the robe has been shaded a little bit (although it still needs fixing, methinks), and the centerpiece is now an amethyst (purple for the dark magic user, ofc). Hair still needs to be FE8-ified. I'll likely post a request for touching up and advice from the spriters' board.

CassieAttempt3-6ReadytoShip3.png

P.S.: I can't really use the sprite talked about because I want it to match the Shaman(F) animation, which has LONG brown hair and a blue robe. I might just put in Eclipse's shading, but it didn't work too well with the slight alterations to the shape of the robe (plus, I suck at shading).

EDIT: Fixed a few more things.