Esme

Obscure Word of the Day #4

7 posts in this topic

Dasypygal

adj. Having a hairy rear-end.

"Good lord, Charles! Your ass is incredibly dasypygal!"

Discuss~

Edited by Esme

I think that along with posting these obscure words and their meanings, you should also try to find their etymology. I mean, I'm at a total loss as to how this word could have been contrived.

I think that along with posting these obscure words and their meanings, you should also try to find their etymology. I mean, I'm at a total loss as to how this word could have been contrived.

Hmm... yeah that's a good idea. If it behooves you, I shall leave the etymology right here:

"From ancient Greek 'dasus' (meaning hairy or dense) + puge (meaning buttocks)."

What baffles me is why someone would need to describe something as having a hairy buttocks with enough frequency to actually bother making a word for it.

Edited by Snapdragon

What baffles me is why someone would need to describe something as having a hairy buttocks with enough frequency to actually bother making a word for it.

ikr

people are fucking weird :U