• Announcements

• Tangerine

Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016 has begun, Raffle prizes have been updated!   12/03/16

Hey everyone! We've started up our Creative event once more, you can check out the thread here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67567

If you're new here, it's an event where people can submit something they've created for the chance to have some fun and win some prizes. If you've got a talent you'd like to share with the FE community, there's no harm in giving it a go!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deranger

Spriting Movies

9 posts in this topic

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEfzo83qeQ0[/media]
[s]Since actual Hacks take forever, we should have more of these. Pretty cool, fire emblem related, and, when watched, not time consuming enough to make you worried that you're actually getting distracted from the work you're supposed to be doing.[/s]

[quote name='shadowofchaos' date='15 April 2012 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1334510132' post='1940204']
Because those aren't anything special.
[/quote]
Aren't unspecial things common? As in, that would almost be a reason for there being more of these.
I just think their cool to work required to make ratio is pretty good. Maybe that's just me though. Edited by deranger

[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/shadowofchaos725/Sprites/FE9TriangleAttack.gif[/img]

Seems like something like this would be more worthwhile...

Despite having custom elements (Mugs, Ashnard's battle sprite, and the other two Pegasi in the attack in particular) it's basically using the old FEGBA sprites with a different premise. There's a certain quality I'd like to have other than using up random pre-rendered sprites.

Sure for joke comics, that's all fine and dandy. That's entertaining, but when it's just something like that video... it seems like nothing fresh is being shown. Edited by shadowofchaos

I kinda like those custom battle scene animations. Kinda give non-GBA FE games a chance to glorify the system and also challenge the spriter to do some custom animations and such. That's just me... ^_^; Edited by Kramgnauh

[quote name='Kramgnauh' date='15 April 2012 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1334511105' post='1940234']
I kinda like those custom battle scene animations. Kinda give non-GBA FE games a chance to glorify the system and also challenge the spriter to do some custom animations and such. That's just me... ^_^;
[/quote]

I guess my wording was wrong on my second post.

I like the custom battle GIFs... because there's more to it than just a black background, random music, and copying and pasting sprites. There's creativity in those black backgrounded GIFs... again, there's nothing fresh about it, at least to me. Edited by shadowofchaos

That would be cool except that it's just a lame "omg swordmasters are so cool" fight scene, straight out of Bleach or some other shitty anime.

I think the triangle attack gif is cool though.

That video has the ever-annoying really long intro text and I don't feel like that the music suits the video at all.

:|

We don't have more of these because they're stupid, end of story.
[s]Pfft, sword fighting to techno music, kill me now.[/s]