Pokemon Movesets Suggestions

PuffPuff

Whatever move set u set for a different Pokemon each day. Make the list of what u suggest most and name it's disadvantages if u can. It will always be by their final forms since they won't ever get their potentials otherwise. Lemmie start.

Today's Pokemon

Charizard

Earthquake

Dragon Dance

Shadow Claw/Crunch/Bite

Flamethrower

Dragon Claw

Swords Dance/Dragon Dance

Crunch/Bite

Flare Blitz

Both great. No flaws.

Edited by リンダ

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charizard@-item-

EVs: Don't care

Air Slash

Flamethrower/Heat Wave/Fire Blast

Dragon Pulse

Focus Blast (lul)

Just because. Also, 109 > 84.

Hey there old buddy, how are you doing down there in NU? I'm doing great up here in OU! :awesome: What, you want to join me up here?

Alright, here's how you REALLY be effective, Charizard:

Charizard, Modest nature

Item: Life Orb

Ability: Solar Power

252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Focus Blast

Overheat/SolarBeam

Hidden Power (Ice)

This set should be pretty simple: have the sun up (go go Drought), then attack, attack, attack. You die pretty quickly, but you hit like a semi, too. If you choose Flamethrower, pack Overheat with it for a last-ditch meltdown. If you pick Fire Blast, SolarBeam offers a bit of coverage against Waters, as long as they don't change the weather on you.

Don't let the Stealth Rocks bite!

Edited by Venusaur

Todays Pokemon

Luvdisc

Mud Sport

Rain Dance

Water Pulse

Hidden Power (Dragon)

Suggested!

Mud Sport-Because of it's brittle defenses, it is easily fodder by Electric attacks without it. This will at least half the damage.

Rain Dance-Has Swift Swim ability. Raises speed while it rains and boosts the power of the already STAB Water Pulse by 1.5 times while it rains. So having this is recommended.

Water Pulse-Gets STAB and can confuse your opponents with a 30% chance.

Hidden Power-Swatting other types away randomly.

It is suggested to have Calm nature. Because it's SP Attk growth isn't so great and needs to swat lots of Bidoofs away to be any good as it's HP growth sucks without good IV and EV training in this stat. Bright side is, it's one of the fastest water type Pokemon that u can gets your hands on.

Edited by リンダ

Today's Pokemon

Clefable

Wish

Sing

Cosmic Power

Hidden Power (Any)

Wish-Heals every two turns and advised to have for Wifi battles since u cannot use items in it.

Sing-Sleeping your opponent while u either bean it hard with a mouthful of Hidden Powers and or use Cosmic Powers to build up it's defenses.

Cosmic Power-Raises both Def and Sp Def at the same time.

Hidden Power-Solid attack. Be sure to go with something that can at least hit most types like Dragon, Dark, etc.

Modest nature is recommended for having as much Sp Attk as possible for the Hidden Power move! Bad defences and speed is the only downfall of this Pokemon. Advised to raise it's Def, Sp Attk, and Sp Def EV's and u then should have yourself a good Normal type.

And now for something completely different. Clefable gets Magic Guard, which makes it take no recoil damage, Life Orb damage, and status damage. Hmm...

Clefable @ Life Orb

Brave nature

Magic Guard

EVs: HP and Attack

Double-Edge

Flamethrower

Stealth Rock

Softboiled

Shabam. Now you have a tank that can attack, set up rocks AND take hits. Double Edge is crazy powerful with that LO, Flamethrower is for those pesky Steels, and the last two are pretty obvious.

http://smogon.com <-- infinitely more reliable source than ayanami

I look the same on GameFAQS and they are also relieable sets as well. What I say is only my suggestion that is also helpful as well.

Example

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/925601-pokemon-diamond-version/faqs/49990

-----

Today's Pokemon

Pidgeot (Shiny)

Nature suggestion: N/A (Doesn't matter with a Shiny Pokemon)

U-Turn

Roost

Wing Attack/Air Slash/Aerial Ace/Return

Giga Impact/Brave Bird (Masuda Method for this)

U-Turn-Useful manuver for a Poke switch.

Roost-As always. This is recommended especially for Wifi battles.

Wing Attack/Air Slash/Aerial Ace-Great flying attack. Air Slash is recommendable if Pigiot has more Sp.Attk than attack. If it has more attk, definitely Aerial Ace. Go with Wing Attack if u want to save your Aerial Ace TM for someone else.

Giga Impact-Suggested. As u cannot ever teach it Brave Bird as u will want a shiny one. I suggest getting a shiny Pidgey or Pigeotto. As the shiny one looks so much better than the normal ones till it isn't even funny. Radar abuse or Masuda method to get a shiny pokemon ALOT more easily. If u decide to teach it Brave Bird, as it can only learn this through breeding. Then Masuda method to get a shiny one for that move.

The EV's it should get is mostly Def 252 and Attk 252. Def for better meatshielding against Rock type moves such a Rock Tomb, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, etc. And the remaining 6 EV should go to Sp Def. Teach it Return if u taught it Brave Bird instead of Giga Impact.

lol fail

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/luvdisc

-----

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/manaphy

The first suggestion is good. Yeah for ingame. But phail for wifi. As if u Rest for two turns. You will get the shit beat out of and it will make Rest totally useless. And NEVER teach it both Ice and Water for a Water type Pokemon's only attacks as u never will be able to swat Water types and Grass/Ice type Pokemon with that first set. Even GameFAQS is alot more relieable than this. =]

Example

Go with this set for Manaphy

Hidden Power(Electric)/Shadow Ball

Water Pulse

Rest

Sleep Talk

Edited by リンダ

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/manaphy

The first suggestion is good. Yeah for ingame. But phail for wifi. As if u Rest for two turns. You will get the shit beat out of and it will make Rest totally useless. And NEVER teach it both Ice and Water for a Water type Pokemon's only attacks as u never will be able to swat Water types and Grass/Ice type Pokemon with that first set. Even GameFAQS is alot more relieable than this. =]

Example

Go with this set for Manaphy

Hidden Power(Electric)/Shadow Ball terrible coverage

Water Pulse rofl

Rest

Sleep Talk waste of a move slot

Uhh... Manaphy has this thing called Hydration. It cures statuses instantly in the rain, making Rest a free full heal. Man, if there was only some easy way to summon endless rain...

Also, Dragons are insanely powerful and common in Ubers, and your set can't do anything to them, especially with lolWater Pulse (use Surf or Scald, seriously). At least the Smogon set is only really screwed against other Waters, rather than every Dragon ever. If only there was a way that you could boost your stats so high that even STAB Surf in the Rain would hurt against other Waters...

Smogon not only considers Wi-Fi, but every set of theirs is meant for Wi-Fi.

Of course, you can experiment with the sets to tailor the Pokemon to your team, but what's listed is generally the most effective.

As for Pidgeot, well... ...it's outclassed. Badly.

In summary: :facepalm:emot-hf.gifemot-ughh-1.gif

Edited by Venusaur

I look the same on GameFAQS and they are also relieable sets as well. What I say is only my suggestion that is also helpful as well.

Example

http://www.gamefaqs....sion/faqs/49990

-----

Today's Pokemon

Pidgeot (Shiny)

Nature suggestion: N/A (Doesn't matter with a Shiny Pokemon)

U-Turn

Roost

Wing Attack/Air Slash/Aerial Ace/Return

Giga Impact/Brave Bird (Masuda Method for this)

U-Turn-Useful manuver for a Poke switch.

Roost-As always. This is recommended especially for Wifi battles.

Wing Attack/Air Slash/Aerial Ace-Great flying attack. Air Slash is recommendable if Pigiot has more Sp.Attk than attack. If it has more attk, definitely Aerial Ace. Go with Wing Attack if u want to save your Aerial Ace TM for someone else.

Giga Impact-Suggested. As u cannot ever teach it Brave Bird as u will want a shiny one. I suggest getting a shiny Pidgey or Pigeotto. As the shiny one looks so much better than the normal ones till it isn't even funny. Radar abuse or Masuda method to get a shiny pokemon ALOT more easily. If u decide to teach it Brave Bird, as it can only learn this through breeding. Then Masuda method to get a shiny one for that move.

The EV's it should get is mostly Def 252 and Attk 252. Def for better meatshielding against Rock type moves such a Rock Tomb, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, etc. And the remaining 6 EV should go to Sp Def. Teach it Return if u taught it Brave Bird instead of Giga Impact.

lol fail

you're seriously suggesting Giga Impact? really? That's probably one of the big no-no's of competitive battling.

i could give more details on what's wrong with this set but I don't see this going anywhere anytime soon...

Today's Pokemon

Togikiss

Nature: Modest

Held Item: Leftovers

Nasty Plot (Have to breed male Honch krow+female Togetic for this)

Air Slash

Aura Sphere

Wish

Modest nature is a must to get it much Sp. Attk as possible. Though it'll get even more with it's characteristics of the Sp.Attk. Not that it's nessessary, but it makes it better if u can. EV 100 in each catergory, but Sp.Attk. Which u should invest about 200 in that! =) Nasty Plot is needed to boost the already broken Air Slash and Aura Sphere moves. Which Air Slash may also flinch opponents in addition to being damaged. Wish for healing in Wifi. And Aura Sphere never misses and is a great Sp attack.

Uhh... Manaphy has this thing called Hydration. It cures statuses instantly in the rain, making Rest a free full heal. Man, if there was only some easy way to summon endless rain...

Well..there is one thing that I've forgot about and that is if u attach a Chesto Berry to Manaphy, u can use Rest for the first time with no sleep penalities. And Manaphy should be getting Calm Mind over Tail Glow. As it needs the Sp. Def boosts for whenever u use Rest more than once. Since it can't have both Calm Mind and Sleep Talk. U have to take your pick.

you're seriously suggesting Giga Impact? really? That's probably one of the big no-no's of competitive battling.

i could give more details on what's wrong with this set but I don't see this going anywhere anytime soon...

Only downfall with this set is u can never battle well against Fire/Rock and Rock type Pokemons. But nobody's perfect. =P

Edited by Charlie

it's almost as if you didn't even read the actual contents of my post

I mean you don't even say anything about someone telling you what's wrong with using Giga Impact in competitive

it's almost as if you didn't even read the actual contents of my post

I mean you don't even say anything about someone telling you what's wrong with using Giga Impact in competitive

Let me explain this in greater detail.

Alright, Return vs Giga Impact. The first turn, Return does a 102BP attack, while Giga Impact does a 150BP attack. The second turn, Return does a 102BP attack, while Giga Impact does nothing. Over these two turns, Return has done 204, while Giga Impact does only 150. Essentially, you'd be better off running STRENGTH over Giga Impact, even that's 160 vs 150.

"But killing power!" Well, let's say you actually faint something with Giga Impact (a rare occurance). The opponent sends in a Pokemon that trumps yours... and you can't switch out. You're screwed. Dead. At least Destiny Bond has a 100% chance of going off, Giga Impact doesn't even have that!

Finally, Normal is a TERRIBLE attacking type. No SE hits at all, NVE against Steel and Rock, nothing against Ghosts... no other type is really that bad. With STAB, it's a little better, but you still can't hit anything SE, so that 153BP is it. That's not good at dealing tons of damage at once. There's a reason that if Return's listed on a Smogon set you're either dealing with a Normal type, or that Pokemon has a TERRIBLE learnset.

Let me explain this in greater detail.

Alright, Return vs Giga Impact. The first turn, Return does a 102BP attack, while Giga Impact does a 150BP attack. The second turn, Return does a 102BP attack, while Giga Impact does nothing. Over these two turns, Return has done 204, while Giga Impact does only 150. Essentially, you'd be better off running STRENGTH over Giga Impact, even that's 160 vs 150.

"But killing power!" Well, let's say you actually faint something with Giga Impact (a rare occurance). The opponent sends in a Pokemon that trumps yours... and you can't switch out. You're screwed. Dead. At least Destiny Bond has a 100% chance of going off, Giga Impact doesn't even have that!

Finally, Normal is a TERRIBLE attacking type. No SE hits at all, NVE against Steel and Rock, nothing against Ghosts... no other type is really that bad. With STAB, it's a little better, but you still can't hit anything SE, so that 153BP is it. That's not good at dealing tons of damage at once. There's a reason that if Return's listed on a Smogon set you're either dealing with a Normal type, or that Pokemon has a TERRIBLE learnset.

Ookay. Giga Impact might not be all that good after all.

-----

Todays Pokemon

Pikachu&Raichu

Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed or Sassy

Held item: Light Ball

Thunderbolt

Hidden Power(Bug, Rock or Ground)/Return(If your Pikachu didn't get Bug, Rock, or Ground for Hidden Power)

Iron Tail/Substitute

Nasty Plot

To be honest, it might be a good idea to consider not evolving Pikachu. Why? Because the Light Ball will double it's stats in both Attk and Sp.Attk along with Nasty Plot to give it excellent offense that probably will be alot more than Raichu's. Only downfall is..that it's should never battle Rock or Ground types. As nearly any of their moves will easily put it out of commission. Unless u have Substitute.

Now if u decide to evolve it...

Raichu

Nature: Relaxed or Sassy

Held item: Wise Glasses

Nasty Plot

Grass Knot/Iron Tail/Hidden Power(Bug, Rock or Ground)/Return

Charge Beam/Thunder Bolt

Focus Blast

Evolving it gives u more options on move setting. Not to mention having better growths than Pikachu. Better growths, but won't get the boosts from the Light Ball like Pikachu will. Grass Knot/Iron Tail/Hidden Power(Bug, Rock or Ground). All of these are for to swat away Rock and Ground types. Though sometimes pitting it against them might not be a good idea. It's brittle defenses will make it easily vulnerable to moves such as Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Earthquake, etc. The thunder sets are great additions. Focus Blast makes it a great move to Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, and Dark Types. Plus Nasty Plot will power up the Grass Knot, Hidden Power, Charge Beam, Thunderbolt, and Focus Blast. =) And the Wise Glasses will power up all of it's Sp.Attks from the get go.

Edited by リンダ

Today's Pokemon

Togikiss

Nature: Modest

Held Item: Leftovers

Nasty Plot (Have to breed male Honch krow+female Togetic for this)

Air Slash

Aura Sphere

Wish

The sad thing is, this is the only legitimate analysis on here.

lmfao at Relaxed/Sassy Pikachu and Raichu

as if that can save them from being steamrolled by just about any neutral STAB move in OU

Time to put up another. U guys can post suggested movesets on here to try to rival mine. xD

Porygon_Z

Nature: Choose either Modest/Calm/or Bold

Ability: Download

Held Item: Choice Specs

Tri-Attack

Ice Beam

Recover

Dark Pulse

Tri Attack stands for being the best choice for Porygon-Z. It should get Ice Beam to swat away Steel, Flying, Ground, Grass, and Dragon Types. Recover for healing in Wifi; and Dark Pulse to hit any Pokemon. Since it can't have Nasty Plot with this set, download is needed to help give it a Sp.Attk boost in some battles by 1 level. =)

Edited by リンダ

>uses Lock-on

>opponent switches out

Lol

and good to see you ignored everything people said about why Hyper Beam-esque moves suck

i mean good god can you even read

P.S. you know items like Razor Claw are banned in competitive play, right?

P.S. you know items like Razor Claw are banned in competitive play, right?

No, I didn't. Then again u should give it Choice Specks to up it's already high Sp.Attk.

And Hyper Beam is a suggestion. As it will get STAB to this. Then again u could give it Thunderbolt/Ice Beam, Psychic, Charge Beam, Shadowball, or Hidden Power. Make a set to rival mine. xD

Edited by リンダ

you use Hyper Beam. Okay, say you OHKO the enemy's Blissey. Now what?

They can now switch in something faster--say, Dragon Dance Gyarados or something--set up on you, and then wreck the rest of your team.

And for "movesets," this really cannot be reiterated enough:

you use Hyper Beam. Okay, say you OHKO the enemy's Blissey. Now what?

They can now switch in something faster--say, Dragon Dance Gyarados or something--set up on you, and then wreck the rest of your team.

And for "movesets," this really cannot be reiterated enough:

Tri-Attack is a consideration. Then again the last move set on there is also what I recommend. Except u should drop Agility for Recover. =) They only suggest Agility because of opponents Pokemon that have Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. What does that matter when they're only attainble in an event that doesn't happen anymore, or a Gameshark(Only way now except for Mew which u can get in Pokemon Emerald, or Pokemon Hayley's ranch).

Edited by リンダ