Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

So if you want to pass Donny's Good Growths to a kid, you have to keep Donny underlevelled, otherwise it won't be the last skill and therefore won't be the one to get passed? Or can you actually move those skills up and down in the menu?

Also, If MU marries one of the ladies who have a special child character, will the marriage produce both Mark and that other child?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you want to pass Donny's Good Growths to a kid, you have to keep Donny underlevelled, otherwise it won't be the last skill and therefore won't be the one to get passed? Or can you actually move those skills up and down in the menu?

Also, If MU marries one of the ladies who have a special child character, will the marriage produce both Mark and that other child?

If a character learns a new skill when they already have five, it gets stored in their skill set. There's a menu where you can add/remove skills characters have learned: they must have picked up any skills you give them at some point, but if they've since removed the skill, they can add it back anytime between chapters as long as they make space. Through this function, you can remove a skill and then add it again to drop it to the bottom of their list; it works even if the character hasn't actually learned five skills yet.

Marriages produce all kids assigned to both parents, yes. So both MU and Krom can have two kids in this way.

It's possible to rearrange skills while on the world map.

Is it still possible to do Triangle Attacks in any manner?

Not that I know of. Certainly not with the Pegasus Knights.

Have you played the legendary weapon DLC yet Othin?

I've gotten a few of them already, seems that you can indeed get infinite weapons, and they are random from chests.

He's posted a couple times about it in a few different forums. It looks like the chests are random and that you can get as many weapons as you need. Although I only browsed through a bit of the findings before I posted this so maybe someone has played the map will find differently.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I confused him and another poster on a different site.

Edited by 上昇Taiyou

Have you played the legendary weapon DLC yet Othin?

I've gotten a few of them already, seems that you can indeed get infinite weapons, and they are random from chests.

Haven't played it yet. What have you gotten so far? Does it seem to have everything the enemies in that map use?

Have you played through Celice's DLC Othin? Do you know which spotpass teams are represented in it?

I've bought and viewed both of them, but I haven't played through either one yet.

KvK3's teams are FE1, FE3, FE4-1, FE4-2, and FE5. FE2 is absent for some reason, so the total number of enemies is 50. They tend to use whatever high-level weapons suit them, so the map has a ton of Holy weapons for the FE4/5 characters.

Are there any teams that are your allies? Or is everyone, including Celice, an enemy?

Everyone is an enemy, no allies. Your own team size increases to 15 from the 12 in the previous two KvK maps, though, so that's a bit of help.

It's still on the same section of the FE4 Prologue, only now you're trapped in the middle. Prince Marth's team approaches from the northeast, where you enter the area in the actual Prologue. Leaf's team is at Jungby, while King Marth's team is at Evans. Each team starts by only moving a couple of its units towards you, but more of them start moving each turn.

Team sizes so far:

ST1: 7+3 vs. 10

ST2: 7+3 vs. 10

ST3: 12 vs. 20

KvK1: 12+10 vs. 30

KvK2: 12+10 vs. 30

KvK3: 15 vs. 50

RvB1: 10+10 vs. 20

LvD1: 10+10 vs. 30

GaS: 10 vs. 18

EH: 6 vs. 17

IDW: 12 vs. 36+4

I should mention that the real effect of the reinforcements being as instantly deadly as they are in HM is to reward speed. Because the reinforcements can cause an instant disaster if they appear, the solution is to clear the map before they show up at all. It's tricky, but it works really well.

Edited by Othin

has anyone tried tiamo as a dark knight? cuz she rocks! her mag is keeping up but her strength is higher and her sword lvl didnt take too long without grinding to go up. also swordmaster sol is just amazing! i know this is prolly old news to people who got this game way b4 i did but its different reading about it and then playin it urselfgee_wiz_emoticon.gif also female sorcerers are sexy... i want that outfit and it also didnt take long for olivia to lvl up by forging her a sword and pairing her up with krom... i luv this game... i may change my favorite game on my profile

on a side note did anyone eles notice how good the spotpass units were? i got diadora and she kicks butt

Have not tried Tiamo as a Dark Knight, but I've had great success with her as a Bow Knight.

I've been getting a lot of SpotPass units, but the only one I've really been using is Alvis, and only for postgame. He's fantastic.

has anyone tried tiamo as a dark knight? cuz she rocks! her mag is keeping up but her strength is higher and her sword lvl didnt take too long without grinding to go up. also swordmaster sol is just amazing! i know this is prolly old news to people who got this game way b4 i did but its different reading about it and then playin it urselfgee_wiz_emoticon.gif also female sorcerers are sexy... i want that outfit and it also didnt take long for olivia to lvl up by forging her a sword and pairing her up with krom... i luv this game... i may change my favorite game on my profile

on a side note did anyone eles notice how good the spotpass units were? i got diadora and she kicks butt

I gotta tell you, Jamka is growing at a fantastic rate. Plus he has an innate lightening speed skill. Totally worth training.

What offensive staves are there?

It looks like 'none'. Status staves are gone, and Warp staves appear to be absent as well.

All the staves in the game (that this site has listed, at least) are almost entirely of the healing variety, and Barrier, Rescue, and Hammerne thrown in to round out support.

It looks like 'none'. Status staves are gone, and Warp staves appear to be absent as well.

All the staves in the game (that this site has listed, at least) are almost entirely of the healing variety, and Barrier, Rescue, and Hammerne thrown in to round out support.

Unfortunate considering the design of the trickster class suits status staves perfectly imo.

Haven't played it yet. What have you gotten so far? Does it seem to have everything the enemies in that map use?

I've gotten:

- Another Swanchika

- An Armads

- Thor Hammer

- Another Falaflame

- Mistletainn (or whatever its called)

- Tailfing

- Some Bow that does Astra on activation, similar to the Sol Sword and Luna Spear.

- Some Axe that drains HP

- Forgot the last item

It seems that you get weapons that enemies use.

I haven't gotten Sol Katti or Holy Tome Naga or Excalibur or Holsety, but I'll keep trying and check. Only done 3 rounds so far.

Also, the warriors with Counter are ticking me off.

Looking at the new bow and axe, they seem to just be named Astra and Vengeance, like the skills they use. At least, if I'm correctly assuming that you're getting the effect wrong.

You seem to have had better luck than I did with getting new weapons in your first three rounds. The only ones I got that aren't already otherwise available were Armads and Astra.

Edited by Othin

Curiously, I haven't seen a Ragnell or a Double Bow on the enemies.

And if it doesn't really matter, which I think it should, on 1st completion of this DLC, you get a Silver Card.

And yes, it does the same effect.

Unless you haven't gotten the Silver Card yet and it's random?

I got it after beating the DLC the first time.

I also want a Gradivus. I am indeed getting Vengeance's effect wrong. Can't really read Japanese that well.

Like I've discussed before, I can't see any other legendary tome besides Falaflame to be the best, unless you like Thor Hammer for it's critical or Holsety for Speed.

Curiously, I haven't seen a Ragnell or a Double Bow on the enemies.

And if it doesn't really matter, which I think it should, on 1st completion of this DLC, you get a Silver Card.

And yes, it does the same effect.

Unless you haven't gotten the Silver Card yet and it's random?

I got it after beating the DLC the first time.

I also want a Gradivus. I am indeed getting Vengeance's effect wrong. Can't really read Japanese that well.

Like I've discussed before, I can't see any other legendary tome besides Falaflame to be the best, unless you like Thor Hammer for it's critical or Holsety for Speed.

I've seen both Ragnell and a Double Bow. Double Bows seem really rare; only Funf uses them, so I had to reset several times to see one. Ragnells seem common enough, though.

And yeah, I got the Silver Card the first time, as well. Didn't think it was worth mentioning in this context, though, as it's already known as a separate matter.

Holsety's Spd could easily be more useful often if not most of the time, but Thorhammer and Goetia are a bit underwhelming.

Is MU forced in every map?

No. From Ch3, when the preparations screen becomes available, I only remember MU being forced in Ch23.