Rate the Unit, Day 25: Shiida

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

In this Game, Her Wing Spear doesn't get her the 10/10 this time. Unlike in Shadow Dragon, Where She is the only reliable Peg. Knight For a while, Her charm fades away since Catria and Palla come in at around 1 or 2 chapters before Her. Catria & Palla are also Statistically superior than Sheeda, Making her Bad Strength and Defenses sort of a minor-major flaw. She gets a 6.5 From me...

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Castor: 5.62

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Yumina: 8.20

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Edited by *Narshen*

Wing Spear is still awesome, but she's missing the raw stats Palla/Catria have. Lucky for her she can go Falcoknight and get the Lady Sword. . .but that's something that one of the two aformentioned ladies can use, too.

7/10

I would give her like a 9 if this was h2 or above but because this only h1 she only deserves a 7. Her fantastic speed and skill isn't really that useful in h1 and her awful strength certainly doesn't help her cause . The wing spear is a nice personal weapon but horse units aren't really that common in this game so its not worth nearly as much as it is in shadow dragon. with one bias point i give shiida an 8/10.

I would give her like a 9 if this was h2 or above but because this only h1 she only deserves a 7. Her fantastic speed and skill isn't really that useful in h1 and her awful strength certainly doesn't help her cause . The wing spear is a nice personal weapon but horse units aren't really that common in this game so its not worth nearly as much as it is in shadow dragon. with one bias point i give shiida an 8/10.

this

Wing Spear is still awesome, but she's missing the raw stats Palla/Catria have. Lucky for her she can go Falcoknight and get the Lady Sword. . .but that's something that one of the two aformentioned ladies can use, too.

7/10

make this my vote, except change it to 7.5/10. Then add a full bias point for 8.5/10.

She is so clutch in prologue, being one of the only characters that can reasonably take a katarina + thief hit. She does come later than palla and catria but she still comes early enough. Her str hurts her a bit, but a quick reclass to cavalier and base arena tends to fix that for me. She has the win spear, which although not as OP as in Fe11, is still pretty useful in some maps. I give her a 9.5/10 (+1 bias factored in).

She is so clutch in prologue, being one of the only characters that can reasonably take a katarina + thief hit. She does come later than palla and catria but she still comes early enough. Her str hurts her a bit, but a quick reclass to cavalier and base arena tends to fix that for me. She has the win spear, which although not as OP as in Fe11, is still pretty useful in some maps. I give her a 9.5/10 (+1 bias factored in).

This is my vote as well.

Great in prologue. During the main game her weaknesses begin to hinder her more (aka str/def deficiencies), and wingspear isn't as superwtfhax as it was in 11 due to the drop in the number of armours and riders in this game. That being said, wingspear is by no means a bad weapon by itself, and Shiida's otherwise pretty solid outside of str/def issues (which isn't even as bad as 11's since growths got boosted all around). Her insane speed also allows her to work well as a general after promotion on certain indoor chapters.

7.5/10.

Always turned out pretty awesome in my playthroughs. Performs well as a cavalier, which often kinda mitigates her defense problem (not by much, though). And of course, bonus for dat wing spear.

8.5/10

7.5/10

The winged spear is pretty sweet. But her strength is on the low side.

Seconded.

I think the "Str is kind of low" is being overblown. Slightly.

Let's remember that Dragonpike and Wing Spear cover the vast majority of the game. There's also bows and Swordslayer for shits and giggles. The worst that happens with those weapons is a possible +1 Mt forge extra, but it shouldn't be difficult to afford. Let's also not forget that it's practically impossible to be Spd screwed (and if you are somehow... actually, consider yourself lucky. Heh). The main thing is her gigantic Spd lead is a little weaker here and thus her lower Str hurts on non-effective enemies. That's what harms her more than anything.

Edited by Colonel M

@ Colonel M- My Paladin Caeda went 4 levels in a row without proc'ing spd in a draft lol.

Paladin has much less speed growth than Pegasus Knight though, right?

80 is still really damn high though ;_;.

I should have done my research hahaha, I thought it was like 50% or something.

8/10 for actual performance, guaranteed to cap SPD while will pack enough STR to matter with FE12's grothws.

1/10 for Wing Spear

1/10 for cuteness

total Score: 10/10.