Rate the Unit, Day 19: Matthis

Peppy

Wait. Now hold on just a minute! Matthis is a class set A character with early availability! This means he can do the Curate -> Sniper path. We all know this is an acceptable option and warrants at least mid-tier placement. Well, if it was still 2009. Mage Caeda/Shiida to high tier! Woo!

Wait. Now hold on just a minute! Matthis is a class set A character with early availability! This means he can do the Curate -> Sniper path. We all know this is an acceptable option and warrants at least mid-tier placement. Well, if it was still 2009. Mage Caeda/Shiida to high tier! Woo!

And if Warp didn't exist.

I always assume Warp doesn't exist. I also like to pretend forging doesn't exist. I am also dead-set on getting the Killing Edge in chapter 6 which is quite... interesting when both Warp and forging are mentally blocked from my conscious mind. Then I don't use said Killing Edge since I don't like the randomness factor of using Killer weapons (except for that chapter 3 asshole boss). But then I am a hypocrite for not wanting to rely on randomness since getting that Killing Edge involves me resetting until one of the Archers has 8 speed so Wendell can double him.

Err... anyways. At least the Hunter -> General path for class set B people seems a little more tolerable than Curate -> Sniper... I think?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at the other rating topics and noticed how terribad Matthis's rating was and I'm pretty sure his rating is higher than what has been listed. I did a quick tally and I got 1.6, and that was counting all of the votes (it sounded like Colonel was questionable on counting some votes).

5/10

Forged javelins, only one rank away from forged Ridersbanes, high move, decent durability.

4/10

With billion bad units in this game the ballzy Matthis seems much more ok than he really is. At least Matthis can throw Javelins with 9 Mov. That alone is better than anything Darros will ever do. Roshe/Vyland rarely see use in their starting map because their bad position, so That gives Matthis 1,5 chapters availability lead to become 9 mov Ridersbane just a wee bit earlier. (Usage of said weapon is justified on Matthis by enemy cavaliers going in groups and trade existing) Let us not forget all those B set units like Roger who really are clearly worse than Matthis by the factor of 3-4 mov and at times needing to chip forever to become 1-2 range. All in all with the amount of crap units in this game, 1/10 is far too low for someone as average as Matthis

Throwing these votes out for the people complaining about Matthis's score!

I got 1.07 When retallying though so that score will change!

Edited by Richter Abend

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly

Hey look a vote that follows the rules. Lets throw it out. Lets instead keep out all those that did not

Yeah fuck you too

Edited by Shoptimus Prime

I may not agree with frat/Sho, but I believe they explained themselves well. The votes I was thinking of were on the lower end, which had no explanation whatsoever.

For real, we both gave explanations that I think justified the scores we gave, but you're dropping them? Especially when there's a ton of 1/10s and 0/10s with no justification other than LOLMATTHIS?

What the hell bro?

Ugh... C'mon.

I don't think their votes should be thrown out. No need to escalate things.

On the other hand, frat/Sho, you guys are also not helping the situation with your posts in the Minerva topic.

Blah.

I mean, I don't take these rating topics too seriously. At the end of the day, I really don't care if Matthis got a 0, 1, 2, 3 or whatever.

Well excuuuuuuuse me for finding myself annoyed by injustice.

Besides as these topics are not to be taken seriously I don't see how one or 2 votes in one topic with Reasoning based on one's hair color is such a big deal. Besides I just follow the unwritten rule that I see in action.

No one likes rule sharks am I right :smug:

You should be annoyed with your vote be thrown out. That was uncool. I think the 4/10 and 5/10 votes should stay. I have no opinion on the LOLMATTHIS votes. I'm just saying making a 10/10 Minerva rating (after the voting period ended) with the obvious intent to annoy/pester is also uncool. Unnecessary drama just makes me sad. NOW EVERYONE HUG AND BE FRIENDS!!

Did a Retally to Include Sho's and Frat's votes and to throw out the Bullshit votes...

1.87 is the Final Result!