Platinum In-Game Tier List

Smiley Jim

Isn't this, you know ENTIRELY FUCKING POINTLESS argument? Considering YOU EVOLVE KIRLIA ABOUT 2 AND HALF SECONDS AFTER YOU CATCH/EVOLVE IT (give or take few seconds based on how slow/fast is your menu usage) any possible suck that Kirlia might be is completely and utterly redundant.

Implying that a couple of seconds would mean you didn't catch one up until you actually got the Dawn Stone, which is time between the 6th and 7th gym, which is quite late while it's low level at the same time. That's not much better. Either way, Kirlia/Gallade will have to suffer through times of sucking regardless of when you decide to catch it.

Also, capitalizing does not make your point any stronger.

Anyways, I caught me a Gible. Automatically I see several red flags on this. First off, level 17 is not a good base level. Secondly, it takes about 1200 exp for one level (in comparison, Gligar at around the same level only needs half that). Thirdly, 19 speed and I have an Impish nature is pretty awful speed. Finally it's only reliable attack is Dragon Rage, since otherwise it has the inaccurate and self-damaging non-STAB Take Down. Dragon Rage 2HKOs for a while for sure, but I'm not outspeeding and I could have plenty of mons that can already do wonderful things like that.

The only thing it has going for it is Earthquake, which I could say it might not even be the best user. Guys like Gligar have more speed and have more coverage (and evolve earlier for a greater boost), and others most certainly can hit harder with it even ignoring STAB since 33 Atk at this moment is none too impressive. I'm sure it gets a lot better as time goes on, but I don't quite see how this thing is S rank.

Gliger has similar problems, but at least has speed and fast leveling to make up for it, along with the early evolution (as Veilstone isn't all that far away).

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, apparently there's a hidden Dawn Stone on Route 212, but that still doesn't save it. That puts it's evolution... between the 5th and 6th gyms. Not a whole lot better.

Well, you could get it just before the 5th gym, but it doesn't gain much from that anyway.

wrt to Gible: It's slow leveling speed is quite noticeable, until you realize it's a killing machine later. iunno what to think about that. I've used it before, and it worked pretty well. Eh that was a while ago though (around the time of the previous tier list, when I learnt you could get Gible that early)

Edited by Manix

You do realize you get your first Dawn Stone with Itemfinder from Mt Coronet, about 20 steps from where you talk with Cyrus, without using any HM what so ever :smug:

I don't see my Gallade sucking when I catch ralts, lv it 1 or 2 lvs, Double evolve, get 2 levels out of Hikers or some shit and get my Slash gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Actually, apparently there's a hidden Dawn Stone on Route 212, but that still doesn't save it. That puts it's evolution... between the 5th and 6th gyms. Not a whole lot better.

Well, you could get it just before the 5th gym, but it doesn't gain much from that anyway.

wrt to Gible: It's slow leveling speed is quite noticeable, until you realize it's a killing machine later. iunno what to think about that. I've used it before, and it worked pretty well. Eh that was a while ago though (around the time of the previous tier list, when I learnt you could get Gible that early)

Then how about Just before 3th gym :smug:

:kefka::wub:

Edited by Shoptimus Prime

Well. I'll be. I concede that point then.

I think the next problem is, can it get to level 31 (Psycho Cut) by the 4th gym, with a movepool that's none too impressive (Brick Break and...Slash. hmm)? I'm more inclined towards maybe not, but I see it possible with some effort (which should count against it, really). Once it gets there, it's quite fine, I'll admit.

edit: movepool also implies it can't do squat in gym 3, btw

Edited by Manix

Well. I'll be. I concede that point then.

I think the next problem is, can it get to level 31 (Psycho Cut) by the 4th gym, with a movepool that's none too impressive (Brick Break and...Slash. hmm)? I'm more inclined towards maybe not, but I see it possible with some effort (which should count against it, really). Once it gets there, it's quite fine, I'll admit.

edit: movepool also implies it can't do squat in gym 3, btw

It's leveling speed is still quite poor as Gallade. I wouldn't count on it getting Psycho Cut in time for Veilstone. However, it does mean it'll get Psycho Cut in time for when Galactic starts bombing lakes, s he craps all over the Golbats, Croagunks and Saturn's Toxicroak. Once it gets Psycho Cut it's good, and Brick Break isn't half bad on it.

Slash on the other hand sucks nuts, just use Brick Break.

EDIT: Another note about Gible. Whether you rely on Earthquake or Dragon Rage, you have very little PP to actually work with. He eats through Ethers like no one else.

Edited by grandjackal

He can spam confusion on Ghastly family

Even if it doesn't get the Cut by the 4th gym, it still hits SE to Lucario, resist Stabs, Has Confusion and can punish things with 125 atk Slashes or Stab Brick Breaks in general

While I'm at it, Gallade should be above Meditite. They come about the same time, both have good stab in Brick Break, and Gallade absolutely murders in Atk untill Meditite evolves, just to still have 5 more base even considering pure power

...Is the part about a hidden Dawn Stone in Mt. Coronet even true??? Because the only Dawn Stone I remember there requires Surf to get.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Are you suggesting I am lieing?

Hmhm... What do YOU think? I say again, the only Dawn Stone I remember in Mt. Coronet requires Surf to get.

Welcome to pkmn Platium, please remove that pkmn D/P from your mind

Taking that tone with me ain't helping your case. If there WAS a hidden Dawn Stone in Mt. Coronet, I'd expect it to be mentioned in serebii.net or something.

Then why don't you drag your lazy ass to the site you said, press this handy link called pokearth, click Mt. Coronet and whitness the item in question being mentioned there.

Jeez, first you call me a liar and now you lie yourself~ Such barbaric manners~

Implying that a couple of seconds would mean you didn't catch one up until you actually got the Dawn Stone, which is time between the 6th and 7th gym, which is quite late while it's low level at the same time. That's not much better. Either way, Kirlia/Gallade will have to suffer through times of sucking regardless of when you decide to catch it.

Also, capitalizing does not make your point any stronger.

Anyways, I caught me a Gible. Automatically I see several red flags on this. First off, level 17 is not a good base level. Secondly, it takes about 1200 exp for one level (in comparison, Gligar at around the same level only needs half that). Thirdly, 19 speed and I have an Impish nature is pretty awful speed. Finally it's only reliable attack is Dragon Rage, since otherwise it has the inaccurate and self-damaging non-STAB Take Down. Dragon Rage 2HKOs for a while for sure, but I'm not outspeeding and I could have plenty of mons that can already do wonderful things like that.

The only thing it has going for it is Earthquake, which I could say it might not even be the best user. Guys like Gligar have more speed and have more coverage (and evolve earlier for a greater boost), and others most certainly can hit harder with it even ignoring STAB since 33 Atk at this moment is none too impressive. I'm sure it gets a lot better as time goes on, but I don't quite see how this thing is S rank.

Gliger has similar problems, but at least has speed and fast leveling to make up for it, along with the early evolution (as Veilstone isn't all that far away).

Can't you like, get a Gible at lvl 21? In that case lvl 34 wouldn't be far away so yeah. It starts to pick up fast as a Gabite.

Alternatively you could just get a Gabite in Victory Road and evolve it to Garchomp, although I wonder if it'd actually be useful then. :|

Can't you like, get a Gible at lvl 21? In that case lvl 34 wouldn't be far away so yeah. It starts to pick up fast as a Gabite.

Alternatively you could just get a Gabite in Victory Road and evolve it to Garchomp, although I wonder if it'd actually be useful then. :|

Well unless you give it Earthquake, not much changes. It still only has Dragon Rage.

Of course, I only say that because I have a Gligar on my team. Gligar's faster even as a Gabite, and Gabite is just a sliiiight bit stronger. I still have Gliscor to evolve it into as well.

There is no hidden Dawn Stone in Mt. Coronet. However, there IS a hidden Dawn Stone on Route 212, between Pastoria and Hearthome, which you can access after the 5th gym. IIRC, it's close to the entrance to Pastoria.

Then why don't you drag your lazy ass to the site you said, press this handy link called pokearth, click Mt. Coronet and whitness the item in question being mentioned there.

Jeez, first you call me a liar and now you lie yourself~ Such barbaric manners~

Hmpf. You're just unwilling to accept the fact Serebii might be wrong. And petty insults will accomplish nothing.

Last time I checked it was you who had issue with serebii being wrong~

Whatever.

At any rate, why is Bronzor so high?

Edited by Golden Cucco

Have you considered putting dual-slot pokemon on this list? If you're wondering, pokemon caught with dual-slot use are:

Seedot

Mawile

Zangoose

Solrock

Lotad

Sableye

Seviper

Lunatone

Teddiursa

Pineco

Caterpie

Ekans