Support Conversations

I'm fucking Nono and nobody can stop me.

You win the Internet. I don't get why people are so upset about her being loli. Very nearly every dragon who joins your party is a loli and unlike, say, Tales of the Abyss' Anise, she'll actually be useful. Plus, it's not like pairing a character with her will cause you to go out and rape 8 year old girls. Cool your shit people, it's a fictitious character.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You win the Internet. I don't get why people are so upset about her being loli. Very nearly every dragon who joins your party is a loli and unlike, say, Tales of the Abyss' Anise, she'll actually be useful. Plus, it's not like pairing a character with her will cause you to go out and rape 8 year old girls. Cool your shit people, it's a fictitious character.

Bahahahahahahahaha, you're funny.

Seriously, I don't see the problem with Nono. I envision her as an extremely old girl with an extremely stunted maturity rate, and can act like a little girl just because she can probably fool people into thinking she is. In essence, she's just like Fa. Which is funny considering.

Here is the Selena x Henry (father) support conversation translation.

Again, the brackets are my comments.

[spoiler=Selena x Henry Support C]Selena: Hey father, don't you want to go out on a date with me?

[The phrase uses the word "date" and also refers to people, but I'm guessing Selena wants to go out with her father.]

Henry: Hmmm? Why would you suddenly mention about going out on a date?

Selena: What? Your daughter is trying to drag you on a date and you need a reason?

Any father who received such a request from their cute daughter would be crying tears of joy!

Henry: Uhh~I don't quite understand, but I guess I'll go out and accompany you anyway. Where does Selena want to go?

Selena: Mmm~we can just go to a nearby town. The small town has a lot of stores selling cute clothes!

Henry: Eh? Selena likes buying clothes? It really suits Selena. You're at that age where girls really love shopping as their hobby~

[Henry is saying that it suits Selena to be buying cute clothes at that age when a girls hobby is to shop]

Selena: Hehe, father's age right now isn't that much different.

Henry: Haha, that's also true~

Selena: Then... father... right now the two of us on the street would be mistaken for a couple...~

Henry: Eh~?

Selena: Is it that you find me annoying by your side... It looks like you would rather prefer mother over me...?

Henry: No, no~ It's not that kind of thing. Selena is very cute~ I don't find it annoying at all~

Selena: Really~? I'm so happy~ That... Father would accompany me to town. What I said before, would it be troubling for father?

Would mother be angry?

[selena says that when they arrive at town, even though they are going to buy stuff, she said such a thing and is asking if it

would trouble Henry and would Tiamo be angry?]

Henry: Eh~? No, It's okay. Whatever you want, your father will buy it for you~ so Selena should be in high spirits~

Selena: Oh! Thank you father! I love you the most!

Henry: Hehe~

Selena: (Heh heh, that was such an easy task~)

[Oh, now the tsundere is being cunning!]

[spoiler=Selena x Henry Support B]Selena: Father~Thanks for before! You bought a lot of things I wanted, it made me very happy.

Henry: Damn... I was suddenly tricked into buying a lot of things... Where did this cunning daughter learn of such an ability

to drag me out and do her bidding.

[Henry is saying where did Selena learn an ability to drag him about and buy stuff for her. I guess Henry caught on to Selena's

trickery.]

Selena: Father, are you listening...?

Henry: Mmm, your father is listening~

Selena: Great! Hey, father... that is... Selena wants to go out on a date again. I saw many shops selling pretty jewelry in the

nearby town.

Henry: Well... no, I can't go this time~

Selena: Eh, why not...? Is it... is it because Selena did something bad~?

Henry: Haha, please don't look at your father with such eyes~ If I keep spoiling Selena, I'll be too weak to resist you~

So... no means... no!

[i guess Henry won't be able to resist Selena's manipulation techniques if he keeps letting her do whatever she wants. It's better to say no earlier.]

Selena: Che...

[Oh darn, I guess it's time to reveal her true personality?]

Henry: Eh? You've become angry? Well, it's not that I didn't say Selena can't go shopping anymore~

[i think Henry is scared that Selena got angry and is somewhat retracting his statement. It's not as if he said Selena couldn't

but anything... he's giving in again with a condition.]

Selena: Oh, really?

Henry: If Selena helps me organize the weapons storage, I'll buy you something that you want as a reward~

Selena: Huh? Help you work? I can't believe it, you would treat your only daughter as a child and a work tool?

[Tsundere is out again.]

Henry: Haha, but Selena is considered a child right? Selena needs to suffer a bit and help your father out in order to get

something in return~

[Henry cracking down parenting on his child. A proverb was used saying that one should work hard for a reward.]

Selena: I've already had enough suffering in the future!

[Real anguish or just jokingly? Most likely real.]

Henry: Well, that's also true... but I won't get to spoil you anymore in the future. If there's anything you want, you better

help your father out~

[i thought this was kind of cold of him... I guess he won't spoil her anymore if she doesn't behave like a proper child.]

Selena: Fine, I'll help out! If I do a good job, promise that you'll take me shopping and buy me a reward!

Henry: Mmm, I promise~

[spoiler=Selena x Henry Support A]Selena: This item... that item.... damn! Broke again! Enough already! Why can't I do this properly!?

Henry: Selena, what are you doing~?

Selena: Hmm? I'm organizing the weapons... because father told me before to help out in the storage.

Henry: Eh~? Really? It seems that everything is broken~

Selena: So... I wanted to polish the weapons, but accidentally broke them all... Well, I'm not as talented as mother...

Henry: Selena...?

Selena: I also tried cooking, but ended up burning everything... the firewood wouldn't even begin to burn...

setting up the tent was also a disaster... Even if I help out, I would only be troubling everyone...

Father and mother must be disappointed in giving birth to an untalented daughter like me, right?

[selena tried to cook, but burned everything. She couldn't even light the firewood and couldn't set up the tent. The last part is

comparing herself to her talented mother, and that both Henry and Tiamo must be disappointed with her. Selena's starting to be cute.]

Henry: ......

Selena: What is it? If you want to say something, then say it!

Henry: ...disappointed? Nonsense~ Your father is very happy that Selena is here trying to help out~

[Henry is saying that he's happy Selena is here. I guess he means that either he's happy Selena is here helping out or was able

to come from the future. I just translated as happy for helping out.]

Selena: Ah...?! You're lying! You think I'm a fool? Whenever I made a mistake, everyone always said "she's such a useless child

compared to her mother!" Mother and father must also think like this too!

Henry: Well... I've never compared you to anyone else before~ Selena will always be Selena, no one else... and my most important

daughter~!

Selena: ...!!

Henry: Haha, your father adores Selena the most. No matter what happens, your father will always be by Selena's side~! Selena

should never say something like that again, hearing that makes your father very sad~

Selena: Waaah.....! S..s..sorry... waahhh...!

Henry: There, there now. You must have remembered some terrible memories. I also apologize about before...

Even if you weren't successful at helping out, I'll buy the jewelry that Selena wanted.

[Henry apologizes for telling Selena should work hard for a reward since that triggered actual memories of suffering.]

Selena: No... you don't have to buy anything for me... having father by my side is enough... I won't ever let you leave me alone

in the future again!

Henry: Ah... I understand! I'll always be by your side Selena... and protect you...

[Henry actually says that next time, he'll always protect Selena and be by her side. I'm guessing this includes Tiamo as well?]

I was actually thinking of using daddy instead of father to make it sound more cute... but stayed with the usual convention.

I hope you all enjoy the translation!

Ooh, nice.

Updating~

Dragons don't have the same aging/maturity rate as humans do. I'd put 1000 at like 6 or 7 or something as a conversion, considering Tiki says that she's 3000 years old and looks like she's 18-21 at most.

It's like that thing where 1 year is (idr how much but it was more than 1) in dog years. Except the other way around time-wise.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I dunno. Nono is like a reverse Dizzy.

While Dizzy is three years old, looks like an adult, dresses in some kind of bondage outfit and behaves like a scared little kid 80% of the time while Nono is roughly 1000 years old, dresses in lingerie and behaves like a kid. Wait...

Or something. This whole Nono being able to have a kid thing being a problem is kind of silly to begin with. ;/

I present to you:

Viole x Libera

(with huge thanks to my sister)

[spoiler=Viole x Libera C]

C

Libera: So many people, marching together, the number of things left behind is quite high. A penny saved is a penny got. (something like that)

Viole: Your delicate arms, they are not made for this kind of work.

Libera: Viole-san...?

Viole: I'll help you carry the things over there, please, take this.

Libera: That's... You're giving me a rose? Thank you...

Viole: Compared to the rust of the things left behind, the smell of the rose should suit you well, does it not? A beautiful girl like you.

Libera: ........

Viole: Is something wrong, Libera?

Libera: Even though I grew up (to look) this way, I am still a man. Please distinguish better next time you talk to someone. Viole...

Viole: Hahahahahaha! Libera, you still like to make jokes... No, no, no matter how you look at it... I'll look more closely...!

Libera: To be honest, there are quite frquently people making this mistake. I'm sorry, that it led to this misunderstanding.

Viole: No, you don't have to apologize! It was me who made the mistake. I said it, but what a mistake... I really did misjudge your gender!

Libera: Sorry, are you alright?

Viole: Oh, your eyes assume such a sorrowful expression and are still that beautiful... But, he is a man... Argh, argh, argh!

Libera: I'm... really sorry...

[spoiler=Viole x Libera B]

B

Libera: Viole-san, your face seems a little swollen... Were you hit by somebody?

Viole: Ah, Libera. Oh, no, it's just a minor love-injury, nothing more. Just now, when I was seeking a chat with a certain young lady, I tried to ask her, whether sie was male or female, after that, I was unable to see the speed of the palm that hit me hard with the naked eye.

Libera: That sounds really... fatal.

Viole: If you mistake someone for a woman once, then you start to always doubt everyone's gender... It's your fault.

Libera: I'm really sorry.

Viole: But... Such fine skin like silk is good too. Beautiful hair like a flowing cloud is good too. No matter how you look at it, I don't think that you led the life of a normal civilian. Libera, looking at it from every angle, you must have connections to important people. [ something about being rude to daughters (can't make sense of it) ] You must be the lord of an aristocratic family, right?

Libera: My family background is not noble at all. I was born into a poor family and my parents didn't care about me. Life before I became a priest is just a faint memory.

Viole: How is that possible? That's really rude... But I'm really suprised. You didn't grow up in a perfect greenhouse, but are a rose that grew in dire conditions. This is the reason for the persistency of your beauty... So that's it.

Libera: Please stop flattering me like... it makes me feel... uncomfortable.

Viole: Oh... please do not blush. A guy... A guy. Libera is a guy.

Libera: Hehehe. Viole is really funny.

Viole: Please don't tell anyone, or it will just lead to laughter. That would really be a waste...

[spoiler=Viole x Libera A]

Libera: Alright, I'll start.

Viole: Well met Libera. Oh? What's this small mountain of logs...?

Libera: Ah, Viole. I heard, that a church closeby doesn't have enough firewood. So I plan to just give them logs, despite the big effort.

Viole: Libera, you don't just have the looks, but also such a good heart... I, Viole, am deeply moved. Please allow me to help you chopping the wood.

Libera: Really? I can't thank you enough.

Viole: Oh no, you don't hae to thank me. Let us start quickly.

(Some time later)

Viole: Whew... Li... Libera! Can... Can we take a quick rest... just for a moment? I... I'm beat...

Libera: What are you saying? We're not even half done chopping.

Viole: How is that possible? We've clearly been chopping for several hours, still not even half done! Aren't those already too many logs? But back to the topic, who brought this beastly amount of logs here?

Libera: That was me.

Viole: What? All of this, you alone...? You don't look that healthy and strong...

Libera: Yes, I might now look like it, but I'm still a man. ah, viole, could you get the wood from over there?

Viole: Ah, you mena this? Urgh... That's really heavy. Re...eady...? Woah!

Libera: Viole! Look out!

Viole: .......!! Hm? What? I thought I couldn't hold this weight any more and get crushed...

Libera: Is everything alright, Viole?

Viole: Li, Libera?! Is it possible that you caught it?

Libera: Yes... Are you unharmed?

Viole: Yes, yes, of course...

Libera: Thank god. Let's Rest a while, I'm sorry for making you do this...

Viole: Oh no, such a strong sense of reliability, in this Moment Libera is really is a true man.

Libera: Excuse me? Did you say something?

Viole: Oh nothing, I just said... From today on, as a friend, I'll be relying more on you, Libera.

Libera: Good. From today on I ask you to also take care of me more. Hehe.

Viole: Oh... Even though I saw his pure male side... he still moves me...

Let the slash-fictions begin!

I dunno. Nono is like a reverse Dizzy.

While Dizzy is three years old, looks like an adult, dresses in some kind of bondage outfit and behaves like a scared little kid 80% of the time while Nono is roughly 1000 years old, dresses in lingerie and behaves like a kid. Wait...

Or something. This whole Nono being able to have a kid thing being a problem is kind of silly to begin with. ;/

Nono looks like a child and acts like a child and thinks like a child (from what we've seen in the supports).

The age thing is like a sticky note to her forehead "don't worry, technically it's legal!"

[rambling]

She's a manakete and so the age standards that are used for humans are not the same for her.

The fact that this is nothing new in anime and manga doesn't really solve the problem either.

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of japanese people as well that are really squicked out by stuff like this.

But most of us with our western cultural background can't and don't want to understand how this whole thing is kinda okay in japanese culture.

Making it okay in anime, manga and video games is kind of the first step to making it okay in the real world in my opinion...

I'll shut up now. Feel free to ignore me.

[/rambling]

Truly the new Lucius.

Viole is the male Serra now

EDIT: ^That's pretty much how I feel about the issue.

Take dogs for example -- a 15 year old dog is old, even though in human terms, they're still children (teenagers, w/e). Ages are pretty much relative.

I'd rather not have the "OH she's really legal brah" shtick going on when you can clearly see that she's pedobait.

Edited by Pandorakun

I'll also translate Cynthia x Wood if it hasn't been taken yet.

Also, Nono clearly looks like a child in her portrait regardless of her actual age, dragon or not.

Edited by Velvet

I'm personally uneasy about Donny/Richt as well, but their cases aren't as bad as Nono's. Those two seem to have some sense of maturity and seems to be young teens, while Nono looks like she's 10 and acts like she's 5.

Hold up a god damn second here, the character whose sole character traits are looking and acting like a child is mature? You might as well be calling Soren polite here.

And at least Nono actually is old enough to be legal, whereas Richt is pedobait no matter what age scale we're going by.

Edited by GeminiJ

Their actual age doesn't really matter if they're still mentally children, and you could at least say Richt and Donny get older before they have kids (though it's still not really right to pair them up when they're young). Richt also doesn't have the body of a six year old.

Edited by Momo

Maybe I'm not looking at the right character art, but Libera doesn't look all that feminine to me. I mean, Lucius definitely passes as a woman, especially if you're not familiar with the game or even the name Lucius. But Libera ... what I've seen of him, he doesn't look feminine. ._. Maybe if I squint a little harder ...

Their actual age doesn't really matter if they're still mentally children, and you could at least say Richt and Donny get older before they have kids (though it's still not really right to pair them up when they're young). Richt also doesn't have the body of a six year old.

You're right, having the body of a ten year old is much, much more acceptable.

Maybe I'm not looking at the right character art, but Libera doesn't look all that feminine to me. I mean, Lucius definitely passes as a woman, especially if you're not familiar with the game or even the name Lucius. But Libera ... what I've seen of him, he doesn't look feminine. ._. Maybe if I squint a little harder ...

I'm with you. Never once until now, hot I even given any thought about him looking feminine.

Edited by Jagen

My best guess is that it's the hair. For some reason, the combination of long and blonde leads to being mistaken for female more than any other colour.

Sources: People still mistake me for female. It really is just the hair.

EDIT: Stupid typos...

Edited by Blasied

Liberia reminds me a bit of Renault. Holy man who used to be a badass mercenairy (but in this case he still wields the axe)

Oh holy godess in the planes above give me the purity and sereness to SMASH MY FOES WITH BIG AXE HURRRRR!

Libera should have been not terrible in reclass options and had Fighter instead of Mage.

And then Donny should have had Cavalier instead of Fighter. Those characters are the two who really got screwed over by the reclass system.

Edited by Othin

It's not so much that he looks like a woman, it's more like he's gender ambiguous. He could easily pass as either a man that takes care of his hair, or a tough looking woman. Viole just thought the latter and ran with it.

Edit: Battle Priest is the only class he needs. It's the only class anyone needs. All must be the Battle Priest.

Edited by Momo