Post why you like/dislike FE6

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE6 kind of sucks. I hate the Hit rates, for one thing.

Yeah. And the multitude of shit units it throws at you. Theres like 1 awesome guy for everyone 4 shitty guys. :(:

Plus its a bit boring because every chapter is basically seize.

Post about how awesome FE6 is :D XD

Pretty awesome. Pretty solid. Could've been a bit longer though--almost as fun as FE9.

Definitely not as long-winded as FE7 though, so mad props on this count.

FE6 is horrible. It has like, the worst lord ever, awful units all around except like, miredy and percival, every map is seize, cheap siege tomes, terrible hitrates and much more.

I would say that it's better than FE8 at least. But considering the fact that it has so few memorable characters, I won't even say that. In addition, the story is a cut and paste with minor differences. Like someone else said, you're given someone who rocks just about every time after four characters that suck join your group. Every single chapter (excluding the easiest chapter in the game) is a seize chapter. The hit rates are just simple terrible.

It's only saving graces is a main villain that is at least interesting even with the lack of character development, nice music, the fact it's the hardest GBA FE, and the fact that it laid out the groundwork for FE7.

Edited by Fancy Grunt

Meh. FE6 wasn't really bad, but it wasn't good either. The difficulty is probably the main thing going for it, but unfortunately a lot of it is fake difficulty due to poor hit rates. Probably my least favorite of the GBA FEs, but it still blows Shadow Dragon out of the water and its the only Japanese FE with a complete and polished translation patch.

I remember the terribad hitrates too, I haven't played it in a while. Did every unit just have bad skill bases? or were there other factors?

I liked it better than SD, and I'm pretty sure it is a better game than say, FE1, if we look at both of them in a vacuum. But of course, FE1 is much more influencial, etc.

I remember the terribad hitrates too, I haven't played it in a while. Did every unit just have bad skill bases? or were there other factors?

1. enemies actually have good stats

2. most weapons have less hit, but that's barely an issue past midgame since FE6 Killer weapons have more/equal hit to their FE7 counterpart

3. weaker weapon triangle

Edited by Anouleth

Out of the ones I played, FE6 is my least favorite. The hit rates are cheap as hell, the lord is pretty bad, it gets tiring using the same units since the units in the game are either really good or really bad, etc.

The game is still great. I finally got to Sacae after three playthroughs in Ilia, but the thing that pissed me off today was Lalum getting hit by a 19% hit rate and then an 18% hit rate by two wyvern riders in chapter 19 today. :dry:

1. enemies actually have good stats

I guess this exacerbated the problem posed by the other two reasons you mentioned?

Enemies having good stats can't be a major reason why hit is low, i.e. I don't think this is the only game with good enemies in terms of its hard mode.

And yeah, it was definitely an early game problem, as I remember mid-late game, everyone hit fine.

Feels like a downgrade after Thracia 776. The whole storyline is basically copied straight out of FE3's Book 2, as well. The instrument samples are really low-quality, ugly portraits, etc.

I like it because:

- It has good prepromotes, for most of it.

- Good difficulty.

- It's a nice sequel to FE7

I dislike the facts:

- I don't like the colors of the game very much when you compare it to FE7 & 8.

- The accursed RNG. Those crappy Hit rates.

- Knights really suck in this game.

Honestly, I like it. I mean, there's some stuff that could be done better, like the story, overall hitrates (I don't mind having enough hit issues to make having skill actuall somewhat matter, but FE6 goes a bit overboard at times), and the number of status staves can be cut down during some of those really status-heavy chapters, but I felt its Hard Mode had a pretty good difficulty otherwise. The enemies are actually competent. Amazing. I also think they could've done better in making 70% of the cast not utter scrubs.

Also the sprite quality is horrifying bad. Might be because they shifted to a new spriting style, and I'm glad they at least cleaned that crap up in FE7.

But I do like some of the supports and I enjoyed the gameplay overall in HM.

Feels like a downgrade after Thracia 776. The whole storyline is basically copied straight out of FE3's Book 2, as well. The instrument samples are really low-quality, ugly portraits, etc.

It could have been worse, arguably.

kGT2u.jpg

A tad worse.