Create your own Fire Emblem class!

I'm sure many of us have had this fantasy before. Be they actually balanced for the game or ridiculously overpowered to crush the enemy's butts, I've thought them up so many times. Share your fantasies here! Be creative!. Be sure to include such important details as:

- A breakdown of the class' stat caps and what the average growth rates for units might be. You don't have to go until extreme detail and give us numbers (unless you really want to), but give us a basic idea of where this class excels and where they're surpassed.

- What weapon and magic type(s) they use in battle. Do they use weapons that are already in the series, or will you introduce something new? If creating a new weapon type, you might want to include a few different examples of the weapon (Iron/Steel/Silver Gun, Pistol, etc for instance).

- What classes they promote to or from.

- Any skills the class might have, be they existing ones from the series or original.

- Does the class ride a mount, be it a horse, pegasus, wyvern or something else?

- How units of this class are played, what situations they really shine in, and where they should be kept to the side.

- What does this class' critical hit animation look like?

- How to members of this class typically dress?

- Specify if the class is "serious" or just made as a joke so it can be critiqued appropriately.

Positive feedback is always welcome. If you'd like, you could even create a possible (alternate) promotion for someone else's original class. I'll start off with a few fantasies of my own. These are modeled in the GBA setup, if you were wondering.

Gunslinger

Overview: This is the first of a few classes I created for an FE game in a Victorian steampunk setting. The most noteworthy stats for Gunslingers are Speed and Skill, but Strength and Defense tend to be low, even more so than archers. They trump over bow users in a "Projectile Trilogy" created for this idea, but are at a disadvantage against hand cannons. Compared to Archers, Gunslingers have less power per hit but are faster, more accurate, and more likely to score criticals.

Weapons: Guns, obviously, which are ranged weapons mainly fired from two tiles away. So as to not impede on the Wars series, and to keep somewhat with the fantasy setting, this is mostly just handguns from the mid-19th century and earlier. In addition to the standart Iron/Steel/Silver/Brave/Killer fare, there's also the Pistol, which is available early on and has a small critical bonus, similar to Slim weapons and the Shortbow, and the Musket, which can be fired from up to three tiles away like the Longbow. As guns are a recent invention in the game world, there's no "Legendary" gun, but an extremely powerful and unique one is invented by someone toward the endgame. This special gun is called the Oakley Spirit, named after legendary sharpshooter Annie Oakley. Typically, guns have less might than bows but are lighter.

Mount: None

Skills: Gunslingers can use Mortars, which are placed on certain maps. These siege weapons are similar to ballistae, but they can't be moved at all. To offset this, Mortars can fire anywhere from three to twenty tiles away. Each Mortar has five shots before it runs out of ammo. Promoted Sharpshooters have a +15% critical bonus in addition.

How it's played: Gunslingers function similarly to Archers in that they are ranged units that need to be protected by other combatants, as they cannot counterattack at melee range. Though they're faster than their bow-wielding counterparts, they've even less durable, so keeping them guardet is key to survival. Because guns have low weights for the most part, even a unit with low Constitution can use some of the more powerful weapons without penalty. The best way to play Gunslingers is to have them augment the damage of a slower character like a Knight who isn't likely to double attack, and have them ready to pick off already weakened foes.

Promotion: Gunslingers promote to Sharpshooters, which function similarly but have higher caps, especially for Skill and Speed. Though they are still only capable of using guns, they gain a +15% passive increase to their critical rate. With this bonus, Sharpshooters become much more likely to deal heavy damage (and they'll often be able to doulbe attack thanks to their Speed).

Critical Animation: Gunslingers simply twirl their gun a couple of times before firing. Sharpshooters toss their gun up in the air before jumping up themselves to catch it. They fire at the enemy while "floating," then fall back to the ground.

Outfit: Gunslingers resemble cowboys in their manner of dress, with wide-brimmed hats, jeans, and riding boots. Generic enemy gunslingers conceal their nose and mouth with a red scarf, in typical Western outlaw fashion.

Cannoneer

Overview: Another serious class from my steampunk idea, Cannoneers are on the opposite end of the spection, with above average Strength, HP, and Defense, but lower Speed, Skill, and Resitance, and have a movement range of 4. They could be considered a ranged version of a Knight in this sense. While they are generally less accurate than Archers and Gunslingers, their attacks do more damage.

Weapons: Hand Cannons, which are also strictly ranged. This completes the "Projectile Trilogy." Hand cannons are effective against guns, but take a penalty against bows. Even the common ones are heavy, so a high Constitution is needed to use them without penalty. However, they have the greatest might of any ranged weapon. A special cannon called the Gilded Giant appears later on in the game.

Mount: Though Cannoneers do not have mounts of their own, they are considered a mounted unit while riding in a Tank. If they leave the tank this ability is lost until they mount it again.

Skills: Cannoneers can uniquely ride Tanks, which are scattered across certain outdoor maps. These function similarly to ballistae, but Cannoneers are considered mounted units while riding in them. This means they gain the Canto skill and a boost to their AId while riding. If the Cannoneer is carrying a rescue unit that could not be carried while unmounted, they will need to drop that unit before they are able to exit the Tank. Promoted Cannon Masters gain acess to Great Shield, granting them a chance to nullify all damage taken for one attack.

How it's played: They are unique among ranged units in that they are slow, but sport a lot of raw power and durability. Though they can't counterattack melee, they can survive a few physical blows without a problem, meaning they require less protection than Archers and Gunslingers.

Promotion: Cannoneers promote into Cannon Masters. They gain bonuses to HP, Strength, and Defense, as well as higher caps in those areas. They do not gain the ability to use any new weapons.

Critical Animation: Cannoneers take a step back and swing the hand cannon behind them before shooting. Cannon Masters stare down their opponents before spinning the cannon around a few times, then fire.

Outfit: Most Cannoneers wear military-style uniforms with metal plates covering their weaker points, and a metal helmet. Cannon Masters wear even more sleek, Victorian-styled armor. While the faces of player units are visible, enemy Cannon Masters' heads are entirely concealed by their helmets.

Edited by Mystical Mermaid

I'd split the thief class into 2 separate classes;

thief

weapon types: knife

skills: pick, steal(regular skill rules) and pass (when speed 5 higher than opponent)

caps: 1st tier physical caps

promotes to:

rogue

skills: pick, steal (equipped weapons stealable when str 5 higher than weapon WT and speed 8 higher than enemy's) and pass (always)

caps:

HP: 55

str: 24

mag: 20

spd: 30

skl: 28

lck: 35

def: 22

res: 21

whisper:

skills: pick

caps: 1st tier physical caps

promotes to:

assassin

weapon types: knife, sword

skills: pick, silencer (1/2 skill% chance to instant kill)

caps:

HP: 60

str: 24

mag: 22

spd: 28

skl: 35

lck: 35

def: 26

res: 23

I was thinking about this earlier ...

This would be in Blazing Sword (unmodified towards female stats)

Name: Workin on it-Sentinel (Stole it, I know)

Type: Infantry-Infantry

Weapons: Lance- Lance, Sword, Axe

Con: 10-12

Move: 5-6

Caps: infantry-27,26,25,26,23

Bases (Assuming differences in bases=promotion gains)/ Growth Rates

18-21/75%

6-7/45%

4-6/32%

5-7/35%

20%

5-7/22%

0-3/5%

Edited by I don't play for turns

any class currently without staves with staves

or a class with bows an magic (preferably on a horse

the gunslinger class would be pretty awesome if someone decided to made a more modern maybe western like FE game

Edited by Xmas

Weapon Master

A footsie class that is prerogative of a character foundable in middle game that can uses all the weapons with C as starting rank for all of them,. starts with 4 different iron weapons to cover the weapon triangle already, very balanced stats at level 1 for a pre-promo unit (like 32 HP, 15-16 in atk, speed, skill, luck, 8 in def and 7 in res), good growths and his sprite/3d model is a mash up of the best you get from the other physica footsie classes. It even obtains more exp than other classes because it's not that good at growhing so he needs more exp to be better in the long run.

Class Growths for Males

HP: 140

ATK: 30

SKILL: 30

SPEED: 35

LUCK: 30

DEF: 30

RES: 20

Class Growths for Females

HP: 70

ATK: 25

SKILL: 35

SPEED: 45

LUCK: 40

DEF: 20

RES: 40

Personal Character growths

HP: 90

ATK: 60

SKILL: 35

SPEED: 60

LUCK: 40

DEF: 30

RES: 10

Starting Weapon Ranks

Swords: C

Lances: C

Axes: C

Bows: C

Edited by marcus90

Concept: Armor Mage

Wears magic armor similar to a Knight's bulky armor. Has High levels of Magic, Defence and Res, with slightly lower attack and abysmal SPD with slightly higher luck and mid or high mid ranking SKL.

Proficient with magic and lances. Promotes to Armor Sage which opens up... [i'm not sure. Staves would be a little broken, not sure if more magic types would make sense and he could just gain other weapon types as well.] Innate class skil:Magic weapon mastery. Gives a bonus to items such as the Stun Lance and Rune Sword. Promoted class special skill: Graveat. Upon activation, the unit preforms two strikes on the enemy: one physical, one magical.

I had also come up with a "steampunk" infantry idea. Instead, the steamrifles have unlimited ammo, but have to be "reloaded" every 6 shots. This can be done with the reload command during the player phase. However, at 1-range they can still counter once they're out of ammo with their bayonet, which is sort of like a slim lance. Of course there was a custom made steamrifle for the (totally awesome wyvern riding) Queen character with 10 shots and higher might. I rationalized higher strength means more damage done because it allows more pressure to be built before the steamrifles were shot, therefore doing more damage. It was to be a niche class with only the Queen and the Queen's Guard using steamrifles due to it being very new technology, a FE on the verge of a industrial revolution.

Concept: Armor Mage

Wears magic armor similar to a Knight's bulky armor. Has High levels of Magic, Defence and Res, with slightly lower attack and abysmal SPD with slightly higher luck and mid or high mid ranking SKL.

Proficient with magic and lances. Promotes to Armor Sage which opens up... [i'm not sure. Staves would be a little broken, not sure if more magic types would make sense and he could just gain other weapon types as well.] Innate class skil:Magic weapon mastery. Gives a bonus to items such as the Stun Lance and Rune Sword. Promoted class special skill: Graveat. Upon activation, the unit preforms two strikes on the enemy: one physical, one magical.

I actually have something like this in the Shin Patch. Armoured mages who have Wrath. Their magic isn't stellar but they're pretty annoying, I dubbed them "Troll Mages".

I really like the Armor Mage class. I think that would make a great class for a Lord in a future game with such balanced stats (except speed). I'm also all for the steamrifle idea, though a whole class of weapons with unlimited usages could be a little broken. Anyway, here's another creation of mine. I came up with this idea a while back, but tweaked it a bit. There's definately some inspiration from Final Fantasy Tactics and Pokemon here.

Tamer

Overview: This class has below average stats in all areas, except for a slightly above average Speed rating, though lower than most Thieves. HP and Res are especially horrendous, while Skill, Luck, and Defense growths are slightly better. They make up for their low stats with their ability to capture and tame monsters. Weapons: Bows

Skills:

- Capture: Attempt to capture monsters in adjacent tiles. The sucess rate depends on the type of monster (more powerful and rare monsters have lower sucess rates), the monster's HP, and the Tamer'sstats. Speed, Skill, and Luck are all considered when capturing a monster. Any one Tamer can have up to three captured monsters at any given time. Certain special monsters, such as Draco-Zombies, as well as bosses cannot be captured. Similarly to attacking, the sucess rate wll be displayed before you confirm the action If a capture fails, the monster will attack if able. As Tamers use bows and captures must be done at melee range, they will not be able to counter. When a monster is captured, any droppable items they're carrying (the ones that glow in the GBA games, for example) will automatically be added to the Tamer's inventory, or if it is full you'll be asked to drop/ send something to storage. Captured monsters will remain with the Tamer even after the battle ends, and can be used any number of times until the are killed or released. If the Tamer is defeated, all of his/her captured monsters will disappear forever unless you restart the chapter.

- Deploy: Loose a captured monster into an adjacent, open tile, provided the monster can stand on that terrain. This means monster that fly or swim can be released on squares that the Tamer him/herself can't stand on, provided they are adjacent to a walkable tile. Deployed monsters will fight on the player's side and can be controlled like any other ally unit. However, monsters cannot use items or trade with other units, nor can they rescue or be rescued. If a tamed monster defeats a unit that drops an item, it will automatically be sent to storage. Tamed monsters can gain experience and level up. When a monster defeats an enemy, the Tamer will also receive an EXP bonus. Defeated monsters are lost forever, as with any other unit. However, defeated monsters disappear permanently even on Casual Mode. Only one monster can be deployed per active Tamer; when a monster is out this command changes to Dismiss.

- Dismiss: Remove the controlled monster unit from the map. As with deploying monsters, the Tamer must be in a tile adjacent to the monster to call it back. When a monster is dismissed, it retains its current HP any conditions it had while on the field, such as poison or status boosts, but they become "frozen" until the monster is deployed again or the battle ends (that is, the turn count until the condition goes away won't decrease). As with any other unit, tamed monsters are fully healed at the battle's end. This command changes back to Deploy if the active monster is dismissed or defeated.

- Release: Return the monster back to the wild or the grave to make room for a new one. This action can also be done from the Preparations screen before a battle starts. As only three monsters can be held at a time, and Releasing consumes a turn, it is reccomended to do this before starting the battle, if you plan on catching any monsters. A released monster will be gone forever, along with the levels it gained. There isn't a "monster bank" like in some games with this dynamic, so think twice before releasing!

- Trade Monster: Only appears when two Tamers stand next to each other, or in menu/preparations screens. This allows two allied Tamers to swap or give tamed monsters (provided the receiver doesn't have af full party for giving).

How it's played: Tamers are a pretty unique class. As they're not very good at combat themselves and they can't counter at melee range, its best to have them follow behind a stronger unit while you move toward a monster you want to catch. Then you should use that unit to get the monsters HP as low as possible without killing it before going in for the capture. Once you have a monster captured and deployed, you may want to use it to defend the Tamer, but as not all fights contrain monsters to catch, you shouldn't suicide with them unless you can find a replacement right away. Tamed monsters can go as far away from their Tamer as you please, but it's best to keep them within range in case they're low on HP and an enemy is chasing them, so that they can be safely dismissed. Basically, you want to keep the Tamer away from enemies, but not so far behind that his/her monster can't retreat to safety.

Promotion: Tamers promote to Beastmasters, upon which their stat caps increase... slightly, and they gain a bonus to Skill and Speed. They also gain a horse upon promotion, increasing their mobility and giving them the Canto skill. However, they are bow-locked and not optmimzed for fighting themselves.

Critical Animation: Both Tamers and Beastmasters simply spin their bow before firing a critical shot.

Outfit: Tamers wear clothes made from animal skins, adorned with beads and feathers in a Native American style. Beastmasters incorperate even more decorations into the uniform.

Edited by Mystical Mermaid

@Crash: Sorry, it was a terrible pun about how the title was originally "Crate your own Fire Emblem Class!", so I took a class I had made and put him in a crate.

Ah, I see now.

@Crash: Sorry, it was a terrible pun about how the title was originally "Crate your own Fire Emblem Class!", so I took a class I had made and put him in a crate.

Ah yes, oversight on my part because I don't know how to type. laugh.gif

Here's the "Lord" classes for a "Zion Mythos" FE-styled game I drafted up. No, I'm not digging that out of forum hell on Gaia.

(Stat: Base >> PromotedBase/Cap)

(All Unpromoted caps: HP: 50, LCK: 30, Everything Else: 20) (LCK Promoted Cap: 45)

Blaze Knight >> Blaze Lord

Weapon Types: Sword, Fire >> Sword, Anima

HP: 16 >> 25/73

STR: 7 >> 11/46

MAG: 4>> 8/37

SPD: 3>> 6/28

SKL: 6 >> 11/39

DEF: 7 >> 10/38

RES: 1>> 6/39

Mov: 6 >> 6

Soldier/Class Skills: Blaze Lord Mastery Skill: Eruption- Deals x3 Damage, and reduces enemy DEF and RES by MAG for 5 turns. (Skill+LCK)/2% Activation

Moon Knight >> Serene Lady

Weapon Types: Sword, Staves

HP: 11 >> 20/61

STR: 3 >> 8/36

MAG: 5 >> 10/40

SPD: 7 >> 12/45

SKL: 5 >> 10/45

DEF: 1 >> 3/21

RES: 3 >> 5/26

Mov: 6 >> 6

Soldier Skills: Lumina (Light magic = Stave Rank; Serene Lady) Serene Lady Mastery Skill: Peaceful Blade: Adds MAG to Weapon attack and deals x2 damage. Silences the enemy for 5 turns. (Skill+LCK)/2% Activation (Requires Weapon: Swords)

Double Footies, yay? RD level caps yay?

Blaze Knight is more-or-less a Merc with Magic, both before and after promotion.

Moon Knight is akin to a Swordmaster, but wields Staves and can cast Light Magic on Promotion.

this thread needs more supporting classes;

sapient

A magical unit whom can create aura's around allies. (wind aura gives ally +avoid and +hit, fire aura damages anyone ending their turn next to the protected ally, thunder aura heightens ally's attack. amounts depend on caster's magic stat, range = 1-mag/2) cannot use weapons/tomes/staves.

base magical unit caps, growths usually excel in mag and skill, tend to lack spd, horrible at def/res.

promotes to omni

a wise unit whom can protect large groups of allies at once. (omni can also create unpassable, attackable shields with HP equal to caster mag. neither teams can pass these shields, both can attack them.)

caps; 60, 12, 35, 30, 22, 30, 20, 22

How about some FE13 style classes?

Soldier, male only

HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS
Base  18  6  0  6  6  0  8  0
Caps  60 25 20 26 25 30 27 25

E Lances

Level 1 Skill:

Hit +10

Level 10 Skill:

Formation

Hit and Avoid +10 when an ally is adjacent

Promotes into

Halberdier, male only

HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS
Base  26  8  1  9  8  0 10  4
Caps  80 40 30 42 40 45 44 40

D Lances

Level 5 skill:

Cancel

Skill% chance of preventing another attack.

Level 15 skill:

Inspired

Increases stat bonuses from Cries by 2, except for Movement Cry (increased by 1).

Edited by Anouleth

...Aww screw it, I dug that topic up for more of what I wrote.

Here's an Enemy and NPC Only Class from it:

Valkir

"Fierce Freizkielien knights who wield Swords and special Magic. They wield the skill Assault Magic."

Equip: Swords, "Valkyrie Anima" (Female Valkir can also equip "Valkyrie Staves")

-=Promoted Class=-

HP: 23/68

STR: 13/36 (F: 12/34)

MAG: 13/36 (F: 15/37)

SPD: 11/39

SKL: 14/37

DEF: 8/31

RES: 9/32

MOV: 7 (+3 Flying)

Skills: Valkyrie Magic: Allows the use of Special Tomes and Staves. Manaflight: May become a flying unit, gaining 3 MOV, but suffers a 50% penalty to stats when doing so. Mastery: Assault Magic: Chance to strike twice in one motion, unleashing a physical hit followed by magical strike using an available tome. (SKL+LCK)/2% Activation rate.

"Valkyrie Anima" is just some alternate tomes with much lower weight, higher MT and carries dark-like effects on a couple; (EG. "Brensirocco" visually is Elfire, but has a whopping 14MT and only 2 WT. 65 Use) They're all enemy or NPC only. "Valkyrie Staves" are powerful healing staves with very high use (E.G. Hilfenkannone is a 1-MAG/2 Range staff that heals 35+MAG, 55 Uses) . They're also Enemy or NPC only.

Edited by Airship Canon

Emperor Hardin: Other than the female only, that sounds a little like one of the classes I was playing around with:

Hoplite

Lance User. Unmounted and Unarmoured

Base Stats (Average)/growth chance

HP: 16/ 75%

Str: 4/ 40%

Skl: 6/ 60%

Spd: 7/ 65%

Luk: 4/ 40%

Def: 4/ 35%

Res: 3/ 25%

Mov: 5

Promotes to:

Phalanxer

Gains Bow Proficiency. (Didn't decide whether or not to give it any skills, but I was thinking Duel or Pierce if I did...)

Base Stats/Caps/Growths

HP: 25/60/90%

Str: 10/23/65%

Skl: 15/26/85%

Spd: 16/28/85%

Luk: 9/22/45%

Def: 9/23/45%

Res: 7/21/30%

I have no idea whether those stats/growths are realistic - they're very old and very unedited, considering how long ago I discarded them

I thinking of a fast dismounted Lance class that possibly gains the use of a new weapon such as bows upon promotion. This Lance class might even be a female only class.

Similar to Total War: Shogun 2's Onna Bushi? Or perhaps the warrior nuns?

Edited by Rehab

Martial Artist:

Base Stats/Growths/Caps

Male

HP 22/70%/60

Str 6/40%/20

Skl 4/55%/20

Spd 7/40%/20

Luk 4/30%/30

Def 2/20%/20

Res 4/40%/20

Female

HP 20/65%/60

Str 5/30%/20

Skl 5/60%/20

Spd 8/40%/20

Luk 5/30%/30

Def 2/20%/20

Res 5/45%/20

Base Weapon: Strike D

Strike works like laguz natural attacks, and have a fixed hit rate of 80%

D - base dmg 4

C - base dmg 6

B - base dmg 8

A - base dmg 10

S - base dmg 12

Martial artists therefore get powerful and accurate melee attacks, but are limited to 1-range combat, and experience no weapon triangle. Promotion is where things become interesting. The idea behind this is that there could be competing factions or organisations of martial artists, each with their own unique style, that have learned to harness power similar to that of the magic classes into a form of close combat fighting.

Promotion Branches:

Fists of Light:

Gains: +4/+2/+2/+2/+0/+1/+3

Strike converts to Light Fist, gains +50 wexp, treated as Light physical damage and works on the magic triangle accordingly (WTA to Darkness Fist and Dark magic users, WTD to Element Fist and Anima magic users)

Caps:

HP 60

Str 24

Skl 28

Spd 26

Luk 30

Def 22

Res 28

Fists of the Elements

Gains: +4/+3/+1/+2+/+0/+1/+3

Strike converts to Element Fist, gains +50 wexp, treated as Anima physical damage and works on the magic triangle accordingly (WTA to Light Fist and Light Magic users, WTD to Darkness Fist and Dark magic users)

Caps:

HP 60

Str 26

Skl 26

Spd 27

Luk 30

Def 21

Res 28

Fists of Darkness

Gains: +4/+4/+0/+2/+0/+2/+3

Strike converts to Darkness Fist, gains +50 wexp, treated as Dark physical damage and works on the magic triangle accordingly (WTA to Element Fist and Anima magic users, WTD to Light Fist and Light magic users)

Caps:

HP 60

Str 28

Skl 23

Spd 24

Luk 30

Def 23

Res 27

Going Disgaea style with martial artists in Fire Emblem might seem a little weird to me, but a class that has some kind of specialized hand-to-hand or grappling skill in close range sounds nice. Maybe somebody who specializes in dirty fighting and dodge-tanking.