Isn't GBA Era the best? Post if you agree or disagree

Nihil

I disagree, FE9 and 10 are better

though the GBA games do beat all the others

I agree. I love FE7 so very much though. But overall, Tellius is pretty freaking awesome so yes. I tried playing FE Gaiden and FE4 and 5 and i just..couldnt get into it. It felt really awkward. *shrug*

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 is best, everybody knows that

Overall, idk what's the best platform. It boils down to really 4 versus 8 versus 10, and when it's just game v. game v. game I don't count it much as platforms.

Disagree. 4/5, 9/10 and 12 are all vastly superior to the GBA games. Not that I hate 7/8 (6 is pretty awful) but I just feel others are way better.

The GBA ones have always felt very accessible to me, but I really like FE12 for its streamlined gameplay and FE4 for being the weird one. I don't know. I LOVE ALL OF THEM.

In case I wasn't clear in my other post, I can't agree that the GBA era of FEs was the best. Especially not in light of its immediate predecessors AND its immediate successors.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Relative to their generation, FE7 and 8 had great visuals and solid gameplay, though I feel FE9 and FE10 have better gameplay overall. FE9 has a superior story and good gameplay, but FE10 had the strongest gameplay and improved the visuals of FE9 to have less muddy textures and less visible compression losses (ie the character portraits don't have such bad colour dithering in 10 compared to 9), not to mention snappier battle animations, even if critical hits will never be as cool and absurd as the ones on the GBA. I can't judge the NES or SNES era games, but Shadow Dragon on the DS didn't wow me at all.

Personal Preferences:

Story:

Path of Radiance

Gameplay:

Radiant Dawn

Graphics:

Blazing Sword (has the best colour palettes imo)

Music:

Blazing Sword/Radiant Dawn

Longevity:

Sacred Stones

but Shadow Dragon on the DS didn't wow me at all.

Only interest in it were the localization names of the kingdoms and characters in our area.

-----

That being said, unlike the devs I actually prefer a portable format for the series.

^This.

and...

..GBA isn't the best era either. I would say that the SNES era and Tear Ring Saga is.

Edited by リンダ

I think the GBA games succeeded in making the games compact and easier to get into, which makes the gameplay very intuitive and fun, which is the primary reason I've played them dozens of times a piece. PoR definitely had the most original/engaging story. Out of the games I've played, FE12 had the best gameplay, I jizzed hard during my first playthrough in the Tower of Guidance chapters. But the game is plagued with flaws like FE4. Ultimately I think FE8 had the best package in gameplay, pefecting from 6 and 7, too bad it is so short and easy.

Eh........not really.

Still entertaining enough to play, but very simplified game design, mechanics and whatnot compared to the best of the console fare, though I can recognize efforts were at least made and many prepromotes are cool. That's why I criticize them as opposed to outright pan.

I've only played FE7-11, so I can't fully judge. However, this is how I rate the games I've played.

5. Shadow Dragon

4. Path of Radiance

3. Sacred Stones

2. Blazing Sword

1. Radiant Dawn

Edit: Forgot to mention what I actually thought about them... Well they're better than all but RD in my opinion, and that might only be because I started on it. I'll just say I love them all. because I'm indecisive

Edited by I don't play for turns

• 2 weeks later...

I don't agree. I think the SNES era is the best, FE4 and FE3 are the fabulous FE's. FE10 is also super duper, but I don't know what era that would go under. It's a bit old for "modern era" but it's clearly not GBA era.

SNES era always wins in my book. FE4 alone is better than the GBA era. Then we add FE3 and FE5... yeah.

FE7's my second-favorite game, but the GBA series overall isn't that good in my opinion.

The SNES era is pretty goddamned overrated. FE3 is not a particularly good game, FE4 is terrible, with FE5 being the only gem, and even that has its flaws.

The GBA era isn't particularly inspired, but it's fun and it has some nice map design. I don't get all the hate towards it because imo, I think some sacrifices like skills are worth being able to play Fire Emblem in the car or on the can.

The DS era is probably my favorite honestly, though it took awhile to grow on me.

Edited by Tyrant Sage

• 2 weeks later...

Disagree. Don't really like the stories too much (especially compared to FE4), and I prefer the gameplay of the SNES games. But admittedly, the GBA games are much more polished and accessible to play, in several different ways.

SNES games had things unlike the norm for FE.

the GBAs are easier to access.

The Tellius duo is fun, and somewhat easy to find.

the DS, IDK.

the NES, IDK.

the 3ds, is probobly overrated.