Rate the Unit, Day 41: Elincia

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings the sonic sword" or any other justification as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Rolf: 1.15

Sothe: 2.03

Lucia: 2.23

Brom: 2.32

Bastian: 2.49

Tauroneo: 2.85

Shinon: 3.00

Largo: 3.11

Janaff: 3.32

Ulki: 3.59

Ranulf: 3.93

Devdan: 4.11

Volke : 4.82

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.15

Geoffrey: 5.27

Rhys: 5.31

Gatrie: 5.46

Mia: 5.71

Muarim: 6.19

Mist: 6.41

Mordecai: 6.55

Makalov: 6.59

Tormod: 6.62

Zihark: 6.65

Haar: 6.73

Lethe: 6.75

Nephenee: 6.79

Callil: 7.21

Stefan: 7.40

Astrid: 7.76

Boyd: 8.29

Ike: 8.57

Tanith: 9.08

Oscar: 9.08

Kieran: 9.23

Jill: 9.31

Marcia: 9.36

Reyson: 9.79

Titania: 9.91

FE9's variation of a troubadour/10. laugh.gif

JK. She comes at level 1 and is forced in her joining chapter. And her bases are just...at this point in the game...not so good. 9 base STR with a 30% growth definitely means that she shouldn't be fighting anything that doesn't have axes. But, her MAG is what she's worrying about.

She comes with A staves and a Mend, and her MAG growth is 80%. That's just...wow. She'd be WRECKING with the sonic sword and the runesword, and she's a great potential healer. Her other growths are pretty competent, aside from STR and DEF, but her SPD growth is kinda shaky. If you plan to use her as a healer (which she should be), some BEXP would be appreciated.

Her personal weapon, Amiti, is essentially an infinite use brave sword that only she can use, as well as slightly boosting her DEF and RES. But, with pitiful STR like hers, it's kind of redundant. Also, she won't get it if Geoffrey, Lucia, and Bastian aren't recruited and alive.

All in all, her combat without the magical swords is bleh, but her healing capabilities are great. Her joining time and bases really hurt her, though.

3.5/10, +1 bias because she's FE9's variation of a troubadour. wub.gif

4.5/10

Edited by Folgore Orange

She can fly and use staves at the same time. What more could you possibly want? Availability She also has a high magic growth, a decent base and A staves. 5.5/10, staffers aren't overly necessary in PoR.

Edited by Epic Fail

She'd be WRECKING with the sonic sword and the runesword

Unfortunately, Elincia starts with D Swords. Also, the Runesword would weigh down even a level 20 Elincia substantially.

I'll give her a 3.5/10. A flying healer is nice, but she comes a bit too late to be all that useful, which sucks since I actually like her. Also, though she can use the SS and RS to great effect, her starting rank of D swords means unless you really go out of your way to do so, she won't be able to get there.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Unfortunately, Elincia starts with D Swords. Also, the Runesword would weigh down even a level 20 Elincia substantially.

True, and the arms scrolls would most likely be used at that point...

I keep getting really annoyed at Ike who told her not to fight way back in Chapter 6 or whenever it was. Goddamnit, Ike, she could have had better availability!

Still, she reminds me a lot of FE4's pegasus knights, which is cool. She flies, staffs, swords.... eh. 5/10, bias included.

Very high scores for someone who comes in understatted and is largely redundant, both because of the existence of other staffers you've been using all game and because healing isn't really all that needed at this point in the game.I'll give her a 2/10.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Very high scores for someone who comes in understatted and is largely redundant, both because of the existence of other staffers you've been using all game and because healing isn't really all that needed at this point in the game.I'll give her a 2/10.

I did not know Soren, Ilyana, and Rhys have mounted movement and can use Rescue...

...Nevermind that Rescue is B and I highly doubt Tormod can also reach it.

Nevermind that Mist has to reach B staves too, while still getting all that BEXP to get there. Elincia is easily a 4/10 because of that Rescue staff and a Physic if you need it whenever, without needing any sort of resources. Hammerne is good too, for Rescue staff uses and siege tomes.

Nevermind that Mist has to reach B staves too, while still getting all that BEXP to get there. Elincia is easily a 4/10 because of that Rescue staff and a Physic if you need it whenever, without needing any sort of resources. Hammerne is good too, for Rescue staff uses and siege tomes.

People use rescue in this game? What's the point of that? Ike+boots doesn't need it and neither does any of your paladins.

At base level, she's got 15 AS with the Amiti, which is still fairly solid due to all of the slow enemies in this game. If you're really desperate to turn her into a combat unit, you can throw her the Ch.21 Energy Drop, giving her 17 AS with Amiti. The nice thing is that, unlike Mist, she requires no resources to be a competent healer, unlike Mist who will get most of her levels from BEXP. Mounted healer + more move that Mist makes her the better healer than Mist, but she's only got three chapters. >.<

4.5 + 1 bias for being awesome = 5.5/10

At base level, she's got 15 AS with the Amiti, which is still fairly solid due to all of the slow enemies in this game.

15 AS doubles:

- 1 Warrior

- 1 Sage (if siege tome is equipped)

- The Generals (lol)

Nevermind Amiti still misses ORKOing BISHOPS.

People use rescue in this game? What's the point of that? Ike+boots doesn't need it and neither does any of your paladins.

Oh I don't know.

Maybe to finish the game faster?

She comes underleveled, her bases aren't good, and her strength is pitiful. Her only offensive possibility is magic swords, and she still won't be great with those.

Her magic could potentially be good and would make her a decent healer, but she comes so late it's hard to train her no matter what.

3/10

She's around for about 3 chapters, and she can hit with a sword (D rank), or be your healer. Low strength, having a low damage output, and very fragile. And as healer, Rhys or Mist should do already the job, if not for a sage with a staff. Completely useless by now. And for Sonic/Rune Sword... Mist is so much better in availability, damage output and healing capacities if she is trained.

1,5/10

What I implied with that, asshole, was that I wanted to know some of the places where you'd use the rescue, asshole.

Seriously what the fuck is your problem trying to agitate people on the internet

Redundancy much? Though if you seriously wanted to know where to use Rescue, all you needed to do is...

...oh I don't know...

actually ask.

But since you asked (granted in not such a nice tone, but whatever), I'll humor you with this for example:

Next time you want to call someone an asshole, please do the world a favor and ask the question straight and not to where I have to play a guessing game on what you actually meant.

Edited by Colonel M

I'd say that Elincia is actually a very good unit for the point in the game that she exists. Considering her as a combat unit (as cool as that would have been a la her FE10 version) is pretty much never going to happen unless you just have a bunch of BEXP laying around and intend to put her up to Lv.??/10 and then shove an energy drop onto her. But she does have a few positives. First she shows up as physics become widely available (which is good for her since her range is pretty good with them even without BEXP) and as others have said her ability to use rescue is very useful. All in all she is a good utility unit and while she could have been to be a lot better if she had higher avaliability (like at Ch.19 when Ike promotes), or had a better base level (like the aforementioned 10) or a B+ sword rank as well Elincia still deserves a solid 3/10.

Elincia. So much of a tragedy. I recall hearing that she was originally going to join the party somewhere in the single-digit chapters as a level 1 healer but was scrapped to keep Mist unique in her role. So sad, especially since, if she had joined, she would be one of the most awesome healers ever. I honestly believe she would be in upper-mid or possibly even high if she had joined earlier, even by non-LTC standards. A flying healer who can actually fight (maybe not the best but still...) would have been invaluable. In fact, I almost suspect that they removed her early-game because they were afraid she might be too good. Anyways...

What we have here is a unit who joins late, has only a few chapters of use, but is still very good even then.

4.5 (3.5 + 1 bias)/10

If she had joined as a flying healer in the single digit chapters she would have been in High at least, considering Mist is in Upper Mid and you have to give her shitloads of BEXP before she even gets a mount.

Elincia is... yeah. Flying + A Staves is cool, three chapters of availability is not. So 3/10. If this was FE10 I'd give her a bias, but in FE9, I really hate her pose where she's always clasping her hands in front of her chest.

Basically an FE4 Falcon Knight who gets rid of lances altogether and starts off with a low sword rank, coupled with crappy bases for the low amount of time she has. She's admittedly better in FE10, and that's saying plenty. At least she's not hyped up to high heaven by people like GameFAQs and YouTube members. Well, last I checked, anyways.

2/10

Edited by Fancy Grunt

At least she's not hyped up to high heaven by people like GameFAQs and YouTube members.

I've never seen Elincia even remotely hyped before. Where do you go?

She.is really a great healer but her combat is forgettable. As in, forget it. Really wish Ike had let her join in those early chapters but noooo. If you have some bexp laying around you can get her mag up and she'll be a fine replacement for Rhys if you are using him. Her availability is really bad so it is a shame she has no time to grow her weapon ranks outside her great staff rank. Even with training she can only take out mages as it stands.

3.5/10

I've never seen Elincia even remotely hyped before. Where do you go?

I was just referencing the fact that some people may see her as an Est due to her low availability, decent growths at the least, and the fact she's underleveled. (Even though she's promoted, she's still underleveled.) But that doesn't change the fact that she's not hyped up. Not even by the people who hypes up Ests, which is why I said what I said. Edited by Fancy Grunt

Elincia. Princess of Crimea.

Pros:

Flying.

Amiti.

Decent staff rank.

Ok base speed.

Cons:

Availability.

Bad base strength.

Low level.

Elincia is kinda cool because flying healer. For those of us who didnt really play FE4, she seems quite unique. Shes basically Mist with wings and Mist promoted is useful. If you didnt manage to get Mist to promote somehow, Elincia could really be an ok addition to the team. Its also not a bad idea to have someone dedicated to using staves with really high move in Endgame. While the rest of your guys are murdering, having a backup healer is kinda nice. Her sword is kinda awesome too since its Brave and has unlimited uses. Of course, due to her stats, shes probably not gonna be seeing combat that much. If at all. She can become a competent fighter if one is willing to dump a bunch of BEXP in her. But unless yer on easy mode, whos doing that? Shes quick enough to not get doubled but Ashera help you if she sees an archer. Her base staff rank means she can rock some Physic action (and you can steal a pantload of those) and maybe some other assist staff stuff like Ward or Rescue or whatever. Her high move and canto means she can run up and heal and run away again. If Elincia was around for more of the game, she'd be pretty damn awesome.

4/10. 5/10 bias because i have a soft spot for anyone who rides a pegasus.