Is this true?

Jack of the Dead

Bonus items:

Note: This requires a link cable, Gamecube, and the Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disc. You can receive the following items by connecting your Game Boy Advance to the bonus disc: Dragon Axe, Silver Card, Wind Sword, Energy Ring, Emblem Seal, Dragon Shield, Emblem Blade, Body Ring, Emblem Axe, Thor's Ire, Angelic Robe, Emblem Lance, Secret Book, Emblem Bow, and Goddess Icon. You will also receive two additions to the sound room: #99 Legend Of the Dragon God and #100 Royal Palace of Silezha.

Uh yeah. Im pretty sure its true and its pretty gay too because you cant find the freaking bonus disc anywhere.

Altho I recently found out my brother's GF has it, and that makes me very happy.

Ss_mkdd_main_menu.png

This is a screenshot of the menu of the disc, with the FE7 option highlighted. Footage of the rest of the disc in action can be found here, though they didn't actually do the FE7 thing.

SijD3.png

This is how the transfer looks on the FE7 side of things; connecting with the bonus disc unlocks the Transfer Data option on the Extras menu. This explains a bit more.

What about it seems far-fetched?

Ss_mkdd_main_menu.png

This is a screenshot of the menu of the disc, with the FE7 option highlighted. Footage of the rest of the disc in action can be found here, though they didn't actually do the FE7 thing.

SijD3.png

This is how the transfer looks on the FE7 side of things; connecting with the bonus disc unlocks the Transfer Data option on the Extras menu. This explains a bit more.

What about it seems far-fetched?

It just seemed weird that something so random would have all this bonus stuff for fire emblem.

I actually have the bonus disk, since it surprisingly was bundled with a Mario Kart: Double Dash copy I bought. Unfortunately though, I don't have a link cable, which sucks because I want to try the transfer data out.

Well, I know there's a downloadable save floating around that you could use with a ROM.

Hey, wasn't there a similar thing with FE8? I believe that was a Japan only one-time event, though. Is there any way to get access to those short of hacking them into the game?

What are those "emblem" items?

They're basically iron weapons with 60 uses.

EDIT: Listen to the guy who posted below me. I was thinking of something from FE8.

Edited by Folgore Orange

What are those "emblem" items?

The Emblem Blade, Lance Axe and Bow are pretty much Iron weapons with fifteen more uses and a paint job, allegedly "a tactician's weapons". The Emblem Seal is slightly more useful in that it gives a +10 bonus to Hit and Avoid to a unit who holds on to it. In the Japanese version, they were called "(tactician of the save in question)'s Sword" etc, or "♡♡'s Sword" if you didn't create a tactician for Eliwood or Hector's mode.

The Emblem Blade, Lance Axe and Bow are pretty much Iron weapons with fifteen more uses and a paint job, allegedly "a tactician's weapons". The Emblem Seal is slightly more useful in that it gives a +10 bonus to Hit and Avoid to a unit who holds on to it. In the Japanese version, they were called "(tactician of the save in question)'s Sword" etc, or "♡♡'s Sword" if you didn't create a tactician for Eliwood or Hector's mode.

Also, if you happen to not have a tactician, then the Emblem Seal does absolutely nothing, and it has the default Mark in its description.

If anyone knows where I can find an action replay code to unlock this menu option, I would very much appreciate it.

I don't know about AR codes unfortunately, but if you're emulating the game, here's the battery save file (not a savestate). It's interchangeable with all four released versions of FE7 - Japanese, NTSC English and the two PAL releases. I should stress that I didn't create this save - I found it somewhere, then promptly forgot where (it may have been a topic somewhere on this site).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about AR codes unfortunately, but if you're emulating the game, here's the battery save file (not a savestate). It's interchangeable with all four released versions of FE7 - Japanese, NTSC English and the two PAL releases. I should stress that I didn't create this save - I found it somewhere, then promptly forgot where (it may have been a topic somewhere on this site).

I see... what else is on the save file? Has the game been started or completed at all? The problem I have is that I already have a save file in my game in which I've beaten LNM, LHM, ENM, and HNM. I don't want to lose that file.

Is there a way to do a workaround with a savestate or some such?

You can manually add in the items into your storage or a character's inventory, if you can't/didn't want to get a transfer save or figure out a code to enable the transfer menu (which I think can be used on a save at any point, so it's not restricted to starting new-games exclusively).

You can manually add in the items into your storage or a character's inventory, if you can't/didn't want to get a transfer save or figure out a code to enable the transfer menu (which I think can be used on a save at any point, so it's not restricted to starting new-games exclusively).

I don't want to manually add the items, and I can't find a code to enable the transfer menu. My best idea is to start the game with the save file, make a savestate, then close the game, put my original save file back, start the game with that save file, and load the state with the transfer menu. If it goes correctly, I hope to have my original save file with the transfer menu unlocked.

However, I won't be playing any video games for a while, so I'll have to wait a while to test this.

That is kinda sketch. I'm not sure if the SRAM information will be saved in the game's RAM--if it is, you may have an unintentional overwrite of your actual save with the savestate information. Just make sure to back-up your old save if you want to still have your progress, in case something goes wrong.

If for some reason the saves are compromised, you can try making your savestate in a chapter, then switch out you SRAM, then load the state and save-suspend out of it. The game will write to the SRAM no matter what, normally, when you exit out to the main-menu in-game, either through pressing all buttons or by suspending your game, so long as you're actively playing a chapter when you load a savestate.

Another idea would be to load the savestate in another menu like the sound test or the link arena. I dunno if the SRAM would be rechecked upon leaving these menu-rooms, but the key thing you want is to somehow trigger the game into loading your SRAM again--flushing out any remnants of it recorded in your savestate, if any was.

That is kinda sketch. I'm not sure if the SRAM information will be saved in the game's RAM--if it is, you may have an unintentional overwrite of your actual save with the savestate information. Just make sure to back-up your old save if you want to still have your progress, in case something goes wrong.

If for some reason the saves are compromised, you can try making your savestate in a chapter, then switch out you SRAM, then load the state and save-suspend out of it. The game will write to the SRAM no matter what, normally, when you exit out to the main-menu in-game, either through pressing all buttons or by suspending your game, so long as you're actively playing a chapter when you load a savestate.

Another idea would be to load the savestate in another menu like the sound test or the link arena. I dunno if the SRAM would be rechecked upon leaving these menu-rooms, but the key thing you want is to somehow trigger the game into loading your SRAM again--flushing out any remnants of it recorded in your savestate, if any was.

No need to worry--I actually tested this by accident, and on the emulator I'm using, SRAM and savestates are independent of one another. I'll tell you my results when I try it.

I see... what else is on the save file? Has the game been started or completed at all? The problem I have is that I already have a save file in my game in which I've beaten LNM, LHM, ENM, and HNM. I don't want to lose that file.

There are no actual save files currently on it. The Sound Room and support records are both complete, Hector Hard Mode is unlocked, and there are Battle History records for save files on all six modes (LNM, LHM, ENM, EHM, HNM, HHM) all attributed to a tactician named "Roy". There are a number of Link Arena teams saved, intended solely to identify the origin of the save file - the Spanish fansite Fire Emblem: Wars of Dragons (can't believe I forgot this, it was pretty obvious).

If the theoretical workaround you and Celice are discussing doesn't pan out, you could take the less elegant route and just back up both this savefile and your the save file you wish to preserve as savestates, or copy-paste the two and store them in a separate folder for archiving save files, then flip between them whenever you feel like working with one or the other. Clearly it's not as satisfactory a solution, and in this respect I wish I were of more assistance.

There are no actual save files currently on it. The Sound Room and support records are both complete, Hector Hard Mode is unlocked, and there are Battle History records for save files on all six modes (LNM, LHM, ENM, EHM, HNM, HHM) all attributed to a tactician named "Roy". There are a number of Link Arena teams saved, intended solely to identify the origin of the save file - the Spanish fansite Fire Emblem: Wars of Dragons (can't believe I forgot this, it was pretty obvious).

If the theoretical workaround you and Celice are discussing doesn't pan out, you could take the less elegant route and just back up both this savefile and your the save file you wish to preserve as savestates, or copy-paste the two and store them in a separate folder for archiving save files, then flip between them whenever you feel like working with one or the other. Clearly it's not as satisfactory a solution, and in this respect I wish I were of more assistance.

That's alright. I think the workaround I have in mind will work. I wont be able to try it until later, though. Thanks for your help!

The Emblem Blade, Lance Axe and Bow are pretty much Iron weapons with fifteen more uses and a paint job, allegedly "a tactician's weapons".

It should also be noted that the Emblem Bow does not get effective bonus against flying enemies.

I've had these bonuses for quite a long time myself. An early game Silver Card helps massively with S ranking.

Edited by Madam Red

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Important news--I found a way to get the bonus items without cheating. The method requires Dolphin and Visual Boy Advance, and the requisite ROMs and ISOs. I found this quote on a Dolphin forum:

Thanks to you,guys,i was able to transfer the special items from the Double Dash Bonus Disk to a dumped copy of my Fire Emblem.After all these years i finally got that Bonus Disk! I ran it on Dolphin and set controller port 2 to be GBA (just like the real Gamecube!).Then i used Joybus link option on VBA-M (Bios enabled) and the transfer ran smoothly.I got all the special promo items in my FE game without any cheating! For me who couldn't buy a Gamecube,Dolphin was my salvation.Thank you very much,Dolphin team!

Again, I'll try this when I get the chance.

EDIT: It seems you actually have to use Visual Boy Advance Merge, which has the "Joybus Link" option.

Edited by Gaggle of Geese

Hey guys, I can't remember how to load/which option I use to activate the .SAV file. Uhmmmm, I know this is simple but I've forgotten. A little help please? BTW I'm using VBA as my emulator

iaza12022235020500.png

• 2 weeks later...