Lunatic No Deaths, Recruit Everyone, Low Turn Count Playthrough

Rules: (borrowed from Colonel M's thread)

- H3 (Lunatic Mode), assuming that Lunatic Mode was done previously

- Stat boosters are allowed, as I believe a person should only be doing an efficient playthrough with them. You can obviously accomplish without them, but it's a bit more difficult.

- Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop, and Bond Drop are allowed for this playthrough.

- Time-clock events are banned, primarily because the results are too random to reflect what is more likely to happen in a playthrough.

- WiFi Shop is also banned due to the random days to access certain items and weapons, plus the in-game clock cannot be abused to obtain what the player could use or need.

- Efficiency, which entails a low turncount with a high probability of success (at least I will try)

- Minimal resetting, which means no rigging for growths. There may be some exceptions pending on what happens.

Maturity Drop will be going on Marth without question. Bond Drop will go on My Unit.

MU build:

Past- Orphan (+2 Str/Mag base, +5% Str/Mag growth)

Present- Beautiful (+1 Skl/Spd base, +10% Skl/Spd growth)

Future- Humane (+10% Def growth)

Base stats:

18 HP 8 Str 4 Mag 9 Skl 9 Spd 3 Lck 5 Def 6 Res Lance D

Growth rates:

60% HP 40% Str 5% Mag 60% Skl 65% Spd 60% Lck 40% Def 10% Res

Progress:

MU, prologue 1 and prologue 2

Prologue 3

Prologue 4 Athena Route

Prologue 5 and Prologue 6 Draug

Prologue 7 Cain

Prologue 8

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 3x

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6 and 6x

Chapter 7

Chapter 8 Part 1 2

Chapter 9 Part 1 2

Chapter 10

Chapter 10x

Chapter 11 Part 1 2

Turns:
Prologue 1- 4/4
Prologue 2- 4/8
Prologue 3- 5/13
Prologue 4A- 4/17
Prologue 5- 4/21
Prologue 6D- 3/24
Prologue 7C- 4/28
Prologue 8- 9/37
Chapter 1- 8/45
Chapter 2- 7/52
Chapter 3- 17/69
Chapter 3x- 6/75
Chapter 4- 7/82
Chapter 5- 11/93
Chapter 6- 6/99
Chapter 6x- 1/100
Chapter 7- 5/105
Chapter 8- 3/108
Chapter 9- 6/114
Chapter 10- 2/116
Chapter 10x- 1/117
Chapter 11- 5/122
Chapter 12- 6/128
Chapter 13- 7/135
Chapter 13x- 2/137
Chapter 14- 5/142

Edited by PKL

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lack of Staff Thing and Wendell/Etzel in there.

Base MyrmiMU:

HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res
18   5    0   12   12    3    4    0

70  35    5   50   60   60   25    5

With your options:

18   7    2   12   12    3    5    0

100 40   10   50   60   60   30    5

I think that HP growth is overkill. Here's what I'd do instead (Farmer's Child, Kind, Recluse):

22   5    0   12   12    3    5    0

80  50   15   50   60   60   30    5

MU can take early hits better. Have fun with the Lady Sword~!

Edited by eclipse

I see a lack of Staff Thing and Wendell/Etzel in there.

Base MyrmiMU:

18   5    0   12   12    3    4    0

70  35    5   50   60   60   25    5

With your options:

18   7    2   12   12    3    5    0

100 40   10   50   60   60   30    5

I think that HP growth is overkill. Here's what I'd do instead (Farmer's Child, Kind, Recluse):

22   5    0   12   12    3    5    0

80  50   15   50   60   60   30    5

MU can take early hits better. Have fun with the Lady Sword~!

Well, Myrmidon MU kinda needs the base str to KO jagen in a timely fashion doesnt she? Ill test your build if I get myrmidon MU before I test mine :P. Im currently experimenting with recording stuff like camstudio and the desmuME built-in recorder but no luck. Camstudio gives me an error whenever I try to boot the program and desmuME's recording quality sucks, not to mention it lags horribly.

EDIT: As for staffbots, yes, Ill use a few.

EDIT 2: Did a quick test of your build and she couldnt beat jagen :(. Needed the 3 vulneraries and still couldnt KO him without him killing her.

Edited by Professor PicKLe

Uploaded my run with Eclipse's build. Is the quality good enough? Am I playing too fast?

I recommend Mrym MU Orphan/Kind/Honorable. I'm of the opinion no speed growth is too high with reclassing in the game, especially if there's no growth rigging.

I recommend Myrm MU Orphan/Kind/Honorable. I'm of the opinion no speed growth is too high with reclassing in the game, especially if there's no growth rigging.
I prefer the def of kind over more spd growth. I probably wont get myrmidon anyway (look at poll) so i would like to know what build is best for PK...

Uploaded my run with Eclipse's build. Is the quality good enough? Am I playing too fast?

Encode quality is terrible, IMO. Toothache has a lot of good suggestions on capture and encode process, I would definitely recommend you look him up.

As far as play speed, faster is better than slower.

Encode quality is terrible, IMO. Toothache has a lot of good suggestions on capture and encode process, I would definitely recommend you look him up.

As far as play speed, faster is better than slower.

Thanks. I will talk with Toothache. That means this run will be delayed until I get recording access though. Hopefully, it wont take too long.

Hmm, I guess. Can she pull it off with the +1 STR/MAG option?

Yeah, I think she could pull it off, but she would waste all my vulneraries just surviving prologue 1. So Its not a good option over orphan, who would save me 1 vulnerary use, as well as a turn.

Btw, poll is now closed. Looks like pegasus knight won. I will be using this build:

Past- Orphan

Needed to KO jagen and the soldier ASAP so I dont waste more vulneraries/turns than I need to.

Present- Strong

Needed to even survive the prologue. The +2 hp really comes in handy. +1 def is not enough to survive prologue :(.

Future- Honorable

More skl/spd proc chances.

Is there any other build that can do prologue 1? I was thinking of +2 spd base to double the soldier and have enough spd for prologue 2 to double rody (and maybe luke) without having to rely on 70% spd procs...but Jagen would be a PITA to take down without orphan.

Btw:

Note: Pegasus Knight winning doesnt mean Ill stay pegasus knight MU forever. I am free to reclass her starting in Chapter 1 to fit my needs. I might be using Cavalier MU ocasionally.

Started because according to tootchache my computer is too crap to record vids without emulation lagging horribly. Sorry, I will be taking screens.

[spoiler= MU creation, prologue 1 and 2]

ElenaMU.png

Past- Orphan

I chose Orphan because I need the str base to ORKO the soldier and defeat Jagen quickly. With any other option, My Unit falls short of KO'ing them and she dies.

Present- Beautiful

More spd base so she can double the soldier if he didnt proc spd and so she has a modest chance of doubling rody next chapter.

Future- Humane

Thinking of the future, I will want her to be a bit bulkier so I decided to go with more def growth.

OrphanBeautifulHumane.png

Her bases now allow her to 3HKO Jagen and 2HKO the soldier, while doubling him.

cleanORKOonthesoldier.png

As you can see, she cleanly ORKOs. This saves a vulnerary use that I might need later on, as well as a turn.

clean3HKOonjagen.png

She can also cleanly 3HKO Jagen. But, first I patch the wound she received from the soldier and stand in front of Jagen.

Turn3-1.png

As expected, they both hit each other. I patch her up and end the turn.

Turn4KOJagen.png

Then in Player Phase, she takes him down and levels up.

MUslevel.png

Thank you, My Unit! Lack of lck sucks, but its a great level.

Prologue 1 done in 4 turns.

Prologue 2

Rodysucksevenasanenemy.png

So, Rody sucks even as an enemy :/. Turns out my unit can double him and 3HKO him now. Luke's AI seems focused on going after Ryan while Rody seems to focus more on My Unit. Either way, they WILL gang up on someone if they have the opportunity.

Turn1formationp2.png

My turn 1 formation. Luke goes after Ryan always even if MU isnt on a fort and he is. Ryan takes the hit and the fort heals him to 12 HP so he can take another hit next turn from luke if needed.

wowlukeistough.png

Next, I have Ryan move to that spot and chip on Luke. MU attacks luke too and sits on the fort. I did this so Luke could go after Ryan from below so then MU can finish him off and lure Rody next turn.

lukewentafterryanallaccordingtoplan.png

He went after Ryan from below just like I wanted. Ryan chips at Luke again and MU takes the kill and lures Rody.

P2donein4.png

He goes after MU. She doubles him for 22 damage. Ryan chips for a tiny bit of exp that he needs and MU takes the kill.

MUssecondlevel.png

Not bad. (this levelup was in EP3, i didnt actually finish in 3 turns)

Prologue 2 done in 4 turns.

[spoiler= Prologue 3]

Prologue 3

So I start off by looking at the boss of the chapter and everyone's stats. And theyre pretty ridiculous.

ohgodcaedaisgoingtomassacreme.png

She ORKOs everyone not named Luke or MU. -_-

FormationTurn1p3.png

This took a good while to figure out, and many deaths. This positioning means that the fighter goes after ryan and the merc goes after luke.

In turn 2, i killed all the enemies there.

Turn 3, I lured the other fighter with MU.

Elenathenryan.png

And Ryan took the kill. MU then went down to lure caeda (using a vulnerary).

Luredcaeda.png

Caeda 3HKOs full HP MU and MU 3HKOs back too. So, she hits caeda in EP. Then in Player Phase and Ryan finishes her off, leveling up.

Ryanslevelup.png

Thats the same level MU got back in Prologue 1. Ryan is off to a good start.

Prologue 3 done in 5 turns.

Idk if I couldve cut a turn here but after that levelup, I dont want to redo it anyways.

Going athena route btw.

[spoiler= Prologue 4 Athena Route]

Wow, this chapter was a tough cookie what with Athena doubling everyone except Shiida and there is an archer prick in the map...anyway, I managed after like 5 tries and found a good positioning that allowed me to 4 turn the map :D.

I had multiple failed runs. One of them was me expecting the archer to go after wrys immediately in turn 1, but instead the myrmidon moved first, doubled and ORKO'd iron sword luke -_-.

epicfailluke.png

So much for minimal resetting...

Anyways, onto the succesful run itself:

MU killed the myrmidon after caeda weakened him and leveled up.

MUs3rdlevel.png

No lck again, expect me to rage a lot about crits in the future -_-.

FormationTurn1P4A.png

This is practically the only turn 1 formation that works without repercussions later on. The archer goes after wrys and rody gets hit by the soldier. Then all is well...

Finallysurvived.png

as you can see in this image. The archer can proc more str IIRC but it never happened in any of my failed runs so it must be very low chance.

Formationforturn2P4A.png

I now had Ryan kill the soldier. MU ORKOs the archer. Caeda attacks the myrmidon and wrys patches her up. The myrmidon SD'd on caeda. The mercenary went after her too and all is good. Then, Ryan kills the merc and levels up.

Ryans2ndlevel.png

Nice, but weird level. no hp or skl, which are his highest growths lol.

Turn3P4A.png

I patched MU up with wrys. And had luke kill the soldier while Caeda moved to block Athena from going for the others. In EP, she goes after Iron Lance Luke, who barely survives a round with her. He hits her back. Then in Player Phase 4, I have caeda attack her, then ryan massive chips her and MU gets the kill.

Athenagoesdoooownin4turns.png

And she got another level:

MUs4thlevel.png

No str :(.

Prologue 4 Athena done in 4 turns.

I can see MU's bulk (or rather, lack of) is starting to be a problem. I'm interested to see how you'll tackle Athena. Are you training a Cavalier, or are you just going to use Palla as one?

I can see MU's bulk (or rather, lack of) is starting to be a problem. I'm interested to see how you'll tackle Athena. Are you training a Cavalier, or are you just going to use Palla as one?

It is indeed a problem. I have to come up with strats just to make everyone live -_-. P4 Athena was specially troublesome like I had told you. Im probably making MU my cavalier after prologue. Oh, also added P4 Athena to the post above you.

EDIT: made a small mistake. Ryan actually leveled up after he killed the mercenary not the soldier. I got confused but too lazy to edit.

Interesting. Have fun with the next one, and uh. . .kindly avoid Ogma.

Yeah, I will go Draug since Ogma looks terrifying. Shame too, because hed probably be more useful in P8...speaking of Draug, should I reclass him to pirate in chapter 1?

Who did you plan on deploying, and as what? Draug will be WTN with the exception of the thief that pops out of the cave. . .and Lorenz, but lolLorenz.

Who did you plan on deploying, and as what? Draug will be WTN with the exception of the thief that pops out of the cave. . .and Lorenz, but lolLorenz.

I think everyone is deployable in that chapter.

I had this planned:

Arran- General

My Unit- Cavalier/Myrmidon

Ryan- Hunter

Luke- Myrmidon

Rody- no idea

Cecil- Pegasus Knight

Draug- Pirate or Cavalier?

Gordin- Archer

I plan to talk to lorenz because he looks like a PITA to take down in H3 and I will want the Mend.

[spoiler=Prologue 5]

Im back for more. This time, Im tackling more axe enemies with lance users -_- and thats never good...

Turn1P5.png

This formation has Athena getting attacked by the highlighted barbarian while the other closest barbarian goes after MU. Both barbarians are severely injured. MU too, is severely injured but Athena dodges like a total bro.

Merricarrives.png

And Merric arrives to save the day! Hes such a bro too. I kill off the hunters before they pose too much trouble and am wary of the thief because that guy can ORKO ryan/rody and packs quite a punch.

Turn2P5.png

This is how my formation looks like at the end of Turn 2. As you can see, Merric KO'd the weakened barbarian. Caeda weakened the hunter and ryan killed it. Now I realize I couldve done it the other way to give caeda more experience as Ryan never got attacked...oh well.

Turn3P5.png

This is what happened. Both barbarians are severely weakened, my characters too, but at least they survived.

Luke kills the top barbarian and levels up.

lukeslevel.png

WELCOME TO THE TEAM. That was a bro level.

Ryan kills the thief now and levels up too.

Ryans3rdlevel.png

F YEAH!

Now wrys patches Caeda up and he levels up.

Wryslevel.png

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. (thats a bad level but wrys is still the best)

Now its Caeda's time to finish off a barbarian and levelup.

Caedaslevel.png

Nice. I cant complain at my luck so far. I now end my turn. and prepare to gang up on the boss next turn.

Turn3formationP5.png

Next turn, I have merric chip him. Then have wrys patch up Athena and she hits him too. Then, Luke (who escaped being ORKO'd by his awesome level). And finally, fed the kill to Caeda.

P54turns.png

And thats it. The godess of luck smiled upon me in this prologue chapter but will my streak of good luck continue? Or will I start to get skl/lck only levels? Stay tuned :P.

Prologue 5 done in 4 turns.

[spoiler=Prologue 6 Draug]

This chapter was pretty easy. Didnt even need to deploy wrys and no vulneraries needed either.

Turn1formationP6D.png

This turn 1 formation has the mage going after ryan, and the soldiers going after luke and cecil. Ryan 2HKOs the mage with iron bow lulz.

Turn2formationP6D.png

Ryan killed the mage. MU killed the soldier that went after Cecil and caeda killed the other soldier. Merric moves to lure Draug.

Merricisamazing.png

And this is what happens. Merric doubles and 3HKOs which is pretty amazing. I have Caeda weaken the archer and she levels up.

Caedas2ndlevel.png

Decent. Looks almost like a typical caeda level, minus the lck but lol lck when yshe already has 14.

Now Luke finishes that archer off. Ryan chips at Draug and MU takes the kill.

P6Ddonein3turns.png

And levels up:

ProcsomeHPplzMUs5thlevel.png

Her hp growth doesnt exist it seems.

Prologue 6 Draug done in 3 turns.

Her hp growth doesnt exist it seems.

This is why I chose Truth-Seeker instead (at least for my myrm MU). You can't screw a 100% growth (and in your case 90% is a lot harder to screw). Not only that, but the HP growth protects from both Phys and Mag enemies, as opposed to the Def growth.

This is why I chose Truth-Seeker instead (at least for my myrm MU). You can't screw a 100% growth (and in your case 90% is a lot harder to screw). Not only that, but the HP growth protects from both Phys and Mag enemies, as opposed to the Def growth.

Yeah, probably shouldve chosen truth-seeker >_>. Oh well.

Did Prologue 7 Cain.

[spoiler=Prologue 7 Cain]

Lack of Fighter MU once again hurts a lot here.

Turn1formationP7C.png

Merric got a crit on the armor (I did not rig it, it just happened). MU goes up and kills the archer. Caeda stands in front of the myrmidon. Draug stands there walling.

Turn2formationP7C.png

Merric finished the armor that draug weakened. MU ORKO'd another archer. Ryan KO'd the myrmidon Caeda weakened. Draug moved up and used a vulnerary. The myrmidon goes after Iron Lance Luke. In player phase, Ryan chips at that myrm with the steel bow and levels up:

Ryans4thlevelup.png

Amazing.

Turn3formationP7C.png

Draug then moves up and prepares to lure Cain while blocking the fort. MU finishes off the myrmidon Ryan chipped and leveled up too.

IgiveupMUs6thlevel.png

No hp again...sigh.

Merric blocks the fort there and Luke goes for the other fort. Caeda stays put. In EP, Cain goes after Draug and draug hits him back for 12 dmg. The cav reinforcement goes after MU and she almost ORKOs it.

Luke finishes that new cavalier and levels up:

Lukes2ndlevel.png

Screw you too, Luke.

I have Merric chip at Cain. Then Caeda finishes him off for a 4 turn clear.

P7Cdonein4turns.png

Prologue 7 Cain done in 4 turns.

Sorry for the double post but I added another poll. Should I put Cecil's headband on MU? yes/no

With headband:

headband.png

Without:

ElenaMU.png

I personally think the headband looks pretty cool on this MU. Im not gonna play Prologue 8 until tomorrow, maybe, so I might as well do another silly poll :P.