Lunatic No Deaths, Recruit Everyone, Low Turn Count Playthrough

Isskay I've never had a statistically good Malicia, like, ever

Those growths of hers doesn't want to work with me

IIRC the one on my lunatic run hit level something/20 without a single stat bar HP over 20 and most aren't even over 15

Wow o_O. I just hope mine can do her job, which is kill Gharnef. She already has the rank to Again at least.

Btw, I think I need to promote Palla for Chapter 6. Tried once and those enemies in the throne room are stupid. And If I dont rush, those reinforcements are stupid. If you cant tell, I HATE Chapter 6. And sirius needs the first statbooster from the armory. A speedwing since hes short of doubling even with RP.

Edited by Professor PicKLe

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least if she fails to proc enough stats at least there's still the prepromotes like Wendell, Etzel, and Katarina that you might be able to save a few wings and every Spirit Dust for. Yumina turned out really nice on my run, though, so I used her.

Oh god, you mean in a game with random stats, some growths might be above average? Well that's just wrong, so let's accuse him of "rigging" because RNG is sacred and holy and anyone "abusing" it should be flogged and mocked even though the game mechanics allow it. Elitist logic lol.

Edited by mjemirzian

I think he's butthurt over some arguments that went on a long time ago and now just steps in to take some jab at apparently Colonel_M and dondon and the forum as a whole with the Elitist comment (OH GOD HOW OFFENSIVE!). Won't do him any good to keep this up though, and I suggest he doesn't try to argue a warn here or anywhere outside a PM or ticket system.

While I'm at it I suppose I should also say that there better not be any stupid RNG related bullshit that's been going on in other New Mystery Lunatic threads.

Edited by Sirius

PKL, is it possible/feasible to deal with the reinforcements in Chapter 6?

Well, if you focus on them yeah. But I tend to have my group all split up or in the throne room. Speaking of, THIS is why I cant do this chapter.

thisisstupid2.png

morestupid.png

thisisstupid.png

Lang's HP is ridiculous and combined with all those enemies there. I just dont know what to do. I need to rush, but HOW? I think I might just stall like in my non-LTC run. This chapter is too much for me.

In both of my playthroughs that made it this far (though only one of those actually made it to the end) I had to have a promoted unit. One of those times MU was just level 20, but early promoting Palla or Catria works just as well (I'd recommend doing whichever one maximizes your chance of having both of them at 24 str/30 spd swordmasters and 60 hp/30 def generals. Having 3 units with that stat spread is the only thing that made chapters 19+ doable for me (though due to stat screw and poor planning I only had 4 combat viable units at that point anyways so a larger viable team may obviate the stat necessities).

In both of my playthroughs that made it this far (though only one of those actually made it to the end) I had to have a promoted unit. One of those times MU was just level 20, but early promoting Palla or Catria works just as well (I'd recommend doing whichever one maximizes your chance of having both of them at 24 str/30 spd swordmasters and 60 hp/30 def generals. Having 3 units with that stat spread is the only thing that made chapters 19+ doable for me (though due to stat screw and poor planning I only had 4 combat viable units at that point anyways so a larger viable team may obviate the stat necessities).

Well, IF I early promote Palla, she has 33 HP 18 Str and 18 Def as a DK right now (20 str and def with RP). Catria is too bad to earlypromote atm. So, I might have to go with Palla. I dont feel like my unit is ready for promotion either. Her stats are solid, except for HP. Sirius doesnt double like half the map, so I bought him a wing. The issue I have with the chapter is that there are so many enemies and they are so tough to ORKO...Like, the only ones that can ORKO in the chapter are hax spear and Silver Lance!Palla. Sirius cant even OHKO mages and bishops with silver + RP anymore -_-.

A good way of going about that part of the chapter is forging a really powerful Wing Spear for Caeda, having her (perhaps with some help) kill the boss, then have a Bishop rescue Marth for a seize. I think you can just kill one of the AKs and ignore the rest.

iirc i used horseman sirius on this map, and he combined for a KO on lang with caeda @ wing spear (sirius used the forged steel bow)

you only need to kill one of the knights in order to clear a path to lang and the throne. if luke just gets a little bit more sword rank, he can probably suffice with armorslayer (consider using the base arena, maybe? i don't know how he's not at C swords right now). a charge of rescue from a bishop (use arran) puts you in a position to 6 turn the map and lets marth sneak past all of the knights.

i don't remember how i dealt with the sniper, but you definitely have units that can double the guy at 1 range plus a shot with the forged steel bow.

and you really don't need to have anyone promoted for this map. you can afford to wait until chapter 7, maybe chapter 8, for your first promotion.

Edited by dondon151

iirc i used horseman sirius on this map, and he combined for a KO on lang with caeda @ wing spear (sirius used the forged steel bow)

you only need to kill one of the knights in order to clear a path to lang and the throne. if luke just gets a little bit more sword rank, he can probably suffice with armorslayer (consider using the base arena, maybe? i don't know how he's not at C swords right now). a charge of rescue from a bishop (use arran) puts you in a position to 6 turn the map and lets marth sneak past all of the knights.

i don't remember how i dealt with the sniper, but you definitely have units that can double the guy at 1 range plus a shot with the forged steel bow.

and you really don't need to have anyone promoted for this map. you can afford to wait until chapter 7, maybe chapter 8, for your first promotion.

Ah, I see. So, its similar to what I do in H1 drafts, except much harder to perform. I will try that tomorrow, thanks. As for Luke not reaching C swords by now, I foolishly used a bit of Iron Lance ocasionally to build his rank.

Luke seems to be 4-5 swings away from Armorslayer...Ill probably arena him a bit. I kinda fear the H3 arena because of the whole HP that went down, stays down thing. Is it only for consecutive battles or for the entire chapter? Because if it is only to prevent consecutive wins, it will cost more money but I can see Luke getting to C this way. But if HP lost stays lost for that base session then I dont see how Luke will get to C...

Time for some arena training for Luke!

Lukearena1.png

I had to choose his enemies carefully. He can 2HKO this guy with a lot of room for random misses and still live. He wont be winning 2 rounds anyway.

lukearena2.png

I backed down from a myrmidon that could ORKO him and go for a much easier enemy. He reached C swords and leveled up:

Lukearenalevel.png

Nice. I will do Chapter 6 soonish. Should be a lot easier now that I have multiple Armorslayer users.

Oh great, my strategy is foiled once again thanks to catria! Shes 1 str short of ORKO'ing mages in ch6 with the Rainbow Pot. Why is she so bad? -_-

I have 2 options:

1. Energy Drop

2. Hope for a str proc so she can ORKO the second mage and finish the other weakened mage in PP.

Nvm, she proc'd str and ORKO'd it. So much for that issue.

I beat chapter 6 yesterday in 6 turns thanks to dondon's advice. And also 1 turned 6x although I might redo that one to not rely on a Killer bow crit from ryan on roro. I wont update until tomorrow though, because Im sick and dont feel like doing it atm. From now on, Im going to try LTC'ing the game by myself. Dondon and colonel M's advice would make anyone beat H3 >_>.

[spoiler=Chapter 6]

This chapter is pretty tough if you dont know what you gotta do.

Pallach6.png

I positioned Palla over here so the mage goes after her and that armor up there wlll go after Caeda and suicide on her Win spear.

Lukech6.png

Luke is positioned here so that Armor will suicide on his Armorslayer. He has like 80ish hitrate with it which is acceptable. I had ryan, srz and Arran park nearby without being in range of the armor.

Basejuliancantakeaswarm.png

On the other side, Catria kills the two mages, 1 with a lucky crit and the other because she proc'd str. As shown here, base Julian can take a swarm and take it so Marth can just grab the shard next turn.

Pallach6sogood.png

Palla is God and should have a tier of her own.

Caedagetshealedch6.png

Malicia heals Caeda so she can take on another armor.

LukeKosanotherarmor.png

Sirius and Luke team up on this armor then Caeda goes in and crits the other one, saving me the trouble of having to heal her, I guess.

Mendpalla.pngPositioningturn2.png

I have Arran mend palla and this is what my positioning looks like in Turn 2.

Frey.png

Here arrive Frey and Norne. Frey is decent, has ridersbane access right off the bat. His bases suck though, so i dont know If I will use him.

Norne.png

Shes pretty bad. i guess she can use killer bows right off the bat and can snipe (?) Dracoknights. Too bad she has to do it with 5 move unlike the males, who can go hunter. If she goes anything else, she will still have bad bases on top of bad weapon rank. Good shit norne.

Libra.png

Marth gets the shard.

BullionL.png

while Julian grabs the Bullion. This is like, 4 more boosters and like 10 more arena rounds <3.

positionturn3ch6.pngMendcatria.png

Now I have catria move closer to My Unit, Frey and Norne and have Malicia mend her in preparation for reinforcements. Palla also gets closer to this group, abandoning the others. MU can take 2 hits from the reinforcements which is pretty useful. I now have Ryan Sirius Arran and Luke get closer to the door, but I decide not to open it yet so it doesnt get messy. The reinforcements come. An armor suicides on Killer Lance MU while a soldier goes for Catria and the other for MU.

Preparedforreinforcements.png

Opendoor.png

In turn 4, I have Luke open the door and Ryan crits the sniper with the Killer Bow.

Ryanvssniper.png

Ryan needed the Rainbow Pot in order to OHKO with the crit. Caeda now goes, recruits Samto and saves the game so I dont have to start all over if something goes wrong (hint: something did go wrong, MU got crit by a killer lance in a failed run and in another failed run, sirius didnt hit lang)

Samto.pngMendsirius.png

Samto is horrible. He has no bases. Hes got a handy killer edge and the shard so you cant just ignore him though. But bench ASAP.

In the second pic, as you can see, Sirius moved first and then Arran mended him.

Reinforcementsdealtwith.png

Anyway, on the other side I handled the reinforcements thanks to Palla, MU and malicia, norne's chip and Catria's doubling.

Meanwhile, Marth gets out of the swarm bishop's range...

Marthagainstswarm.png

yeah, he came 1 tile short of escaping the swarm :p. Thats why I had him vulnerary so he could take another hit.

PallaORKOsanother.png

If Catria is Jesus with Wings, Palla is God with Wings.

Turn5reinforcements.png

More reinforcements come in turn 5, and yet again, theyre not pretty. I had a failed run here because MU got crit by an armor (she was in Palla's spot). But in this run, Palla didnt get crit, Catria lured a javelin soldier to her and all is well. I had Sirius, Arran, Caeda and Luke advance (entering the throne room). Btw, if you dont enter the armor's range completely, they're not lured at all. So like, if you are at javelin range of just one, it doesnt matter because it wont come at you, not will the others.

In turn 6, I feed kills to the units that handled reinforcements.

Freygetsakill.png

yes, Frey somehow got a kill lulz.

LukeORKOSanotherarmor.png

I now have Arran rescue Marth, Luke armorslayers that armor and barely escapes death thanks to healing with a vulnerary earlier.

Caedavslang.png

Caeda win spears Lang and Sirius comes in and steals the kill (which was probably the dumbest mistake Ive made so far).

Also, time for a srz levelup.

SiriusfinishesLang.png

Shaky hitrates I hate you. I had to restart from the map save once because Sirius missed.

Sirius1stlevel.png

Srz...are you serious? WHY THE F DID YOU NOT PROC SPD? CUE RAGE MOMENT HERE.

ch6donein6turns.png

After that rage moment, Marth goes and seizes for a 6 turn clear.

Chapter 6 done in 6 turns.

Rainbow Pots used:

Ryan

Palla

Catria

Sirius

Remaining uses: 54

[spoiler=Chapter 6x]

This chapter is short and easy...well, easier than everything else so far. Shaky hitrates make it annoying to down Roro though.

Radd-2.png

Here we have Radd. His bases suck, theyre better than like, Samto. But still...No lck in a crit happy mode? No bases? No thanks

Caesar-1.png

And here we have Caesar salad. His bases are also awful and hes pretty much unusable too at this point.

Caeda6x.png

Anyway, I start things off by having Shiida win spear the armor.

Pallavsroro.png

Palla@Rainbow Pot+Taurus+Cancer+Gemini+Silver Lance is awesome. Heck, she could ORKO roro If I had promote her here and given her the Rainbow Pot.

Ryanfinishesroro.png

Now I have Ryan use the Steel Bow forge to finish off Roro and he levels up:

Ryans6xlevel.png

Better than Sirius so far.

Catrias6xlevel.png

Catria chipped that fighter and MU killed it.

Malicias6xlevel.png

Then Malicia rescues Marth and levels up.

6xdonein1turn.png

Marth seizes for a 1 turn clear.

Chapter 6x done in 1 turn.

Rainbow Pots used:

Ryan

Palla

Remaining uses: 52

[spoiler=Stats after 6x]

marthafter6x.pngMUafter6x.pngRyanafter6x.pngLuke6.pngmaliciaafter6x.pngArran6.pngCatriaafter6x.pngPallaafter6x.pngJulian6.pngSirius6.pngCaedaafter6x.pngFrey6.png

Funds: 17790G

Bought:

Nothing

Sold:

Bullion (L)

Your levels look really close to what I had at this point in the game.

Careful, though; squeezing out EXP gets pretty hard in the next couple of chapters. Remember that you want to get to at least L14 before chapter 11. Once you start facing dragons, if you're seriously going to use Sirius in the long term, he needs a lot of kills there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you'll get around to completing this :(

Oh, I will. Once I decide what to do next that is haha. I think I had trouble deciding if I should promote MU/Luke/Caeda/Ryan, arena either MU/Luke/Caeda/Ryan to promotion or not. Those things that make me want to pull my hair out. I suck at decision-making. Palla is a given for promotion, but Im not sure who the other character receiving a promotion will be.

What would help you most in the next few chapters?

Do you need to ORKO the Paladins and armors in Ch.8?

Only MU, Luke, Palla, Caeda, and Catria can do that. I think you said you wanted to safe Catria for the Peg. Whip

Who needs the experience from those paladins and armors and theives?

If you want to use Sirius, then he'll take up a dracoknight slot in ch.7 to get some thief KOs.

After Ch.7 you'll have 4 master seals anyway and 5th one at the end of ch9.

Edited by Eryth

What would help you most in the next few chapters?

Do you need to ORKO the Paladins and armors in Ch.8?

Only MU, Luke, Palla, Caeda, and Catria can do that. I think you said you wanted to safe Catria for the Peg. Whip

Who needs the experience from those paladins and armors and theives?

If you want to use Sirius, then he'll take up a dracoknight slot in ch.7 to get some thief KOs.

After Ch.7 you'll have 4 master seals anyway and 5th one at the end of ch9.

Well, considering Im going to recruit Bantu and Jeorge, I dont think I will need to ORKO anything in that chapter. Its 6 turns at best with bantu IIRC or 3 I guess, If I use rescue. If I go for the 3 turn with rescue, I might have to be able to ORKO stuff. And yeah, Catria will be my Falcoknight probably.

Well, considering Im going to recruit Bantu and Jeorge, I dont think I will need to ORKO anything in that chapter. Its 6 turns at best with bantu IIRC or 3 I guess, If I use rescue. If I go for the 3 turn with rescue, I might have to be able to ORKO stuff. And yeah, Catria will be my Falcoknight probably.

Uhhh, why you gonna burn a Rescue use on Bantu?