Draft Minimafia

Paperblade

[spoiler=RULES]1. This game is NOC. That means no talking outside of the main thread unless your role PM says otherwise.

2. Day phases will last 72 hours or until there is a majority as determined by me. Night phases will last until I get all actions in. I will sub you out if you have less posts than me at the end of any day phase or if you are holding up night actions.

3. No screenshots.

4. Trying something different here: No talking at night.

5. Bold your votes and use the ##VERB: USER format.

6. Don't edit your posts. Will modkill.

7. This game starts on Day 1.

8. There are no hidden players.

9. If you are godkilled, you will lose by default.

10. You may not quote anything I say to you outside of the thread unless I say you can.

11. You can't target yourself unless the role says otherwise. Roles that target multiple people must target unique people.

12. Don't abuse loopholes.

[spoiler=Game specific]In this game, there are 7 town and 2 mafia.

This game is using a draft format in which you pick your role. The order will be picked as decided below. You will know your faction before drafting begins and if you are mafia, be able to talk to your scumbuddy. However, there is one catch: If you pick a role that has already been picked, you will be a vanilla instead!

When you signup, PM me (either via Skype or MSN or IRC or SF or what have you, the point is it has to be private) a pair of numbers between 1 and 10 in the form (x, y). The lowest x value that no one else picks will be the first pick, and so on and so forth. If multiple people pick the same x value, it is determined by y values. Duplicates in both x and y values are determined by RNG. For example, if we get

A (4,3)

B (2,2)

C (4,5)

D (1,1)

E (1,2)

F (2,9)

G (9,1)

H (5,7)

I (2,4)

the order would be

H (5, 7)

G (9, 1)

D (1, 1)

E (1, 2)

A (4, 3)

C (4, 5)

B (2, 2)

I (2, 4)

F (2, 9)

If there are ties you will go second-to-last and last and I will flip a coin to see who is first.

The roles to choose from are as follows:

At night, you may reply "Night X - Follow USER." You will learn what USER did last night, but not to whom.
At night, you may reply "Night X - Hook USER." USER's night action will fail.
During the day, and only once, you may post "Goodbye, USER!" in the game thread in all its bold glory. If you do, USER will be killed as soon as a host sees this. This does not end the day phase.
At night, you may reply "Night X - Be with USER." You will learn what actions were performed on USER last night, but not by whom.
At night, you may reply "Night X - Protect USER." USER will be protected from all night kills.
You are not seen by Follower or Voyeur reports.
At night, you may reply "Night X - Backup USER." USER must be dead. You will take USER's role, but not his alignment, resetting any limited use abilities.
At night, you may reply "Night X - Redirect from USER1 to USER2." All abilities targeting USER1 that night will target USER2 instead. USER1 can be you.
At night, you may reply "Night X - Martyr USER." All non-killing actions targeting USER will target you instead.
At night, and only once, you may reply "Night X - Network USER1 and USER2." USER1 and USER2 will be able to talk to each other outside the thread for the rest of the game or until one dies. You may target yourself.

Remember, drafting is private and thus must be sent by PM. Please don't talk about drafting strategy in the game thread.

Player List:

BBM

Manix

Prims

Proto

Rothene

Dead:

Blitz - Town Hooker - Lynched Day 1

StSS - Town Redirector - Killed Night 1

Elieson - Town Vanilla - Lynched Day 2

Bizz - Town Hooker - Killed Night 2

Day 1

Night 1

Day 2

Night 2

Day 3

Edited by Paperblade

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draft Order:

Bizz (1, 4)

Prims (2, 7)

BBM (3, 3)

Blitz (4, 7)

Elieson (5, 7)

Manix (9, 4)

Proto (8, 1)

StSS (8, 3)

Rothene (8, 8)

Sorry to Marth and Aere, Elieson PM'd me first!

I will send out "role PMs" (basically just your alliances) in a moment.

Sure.

Also it occurs to me that people don't actually get new information between picks unless they're the second mafia pick so people can send in their pick if they want, they'll just be vanilla if someone earlier in the order picks that role

As has BBM.

I'll put the IOs in a conversation once the drafting finishes.

Edit: Also when you pick your role I am editing it into the opening post of your role PM.

Edited by Paperblade