Rate the Unit: Day 60 - Tibarn

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Sanaki: 3.03

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Sigrun: 4.71

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Heather: 5.29

Skrimir: 5.45

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Tanith: 6.36

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Naesala: 7.34

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Ulki: 8.32

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Edited by Starwave

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HIGHEST MOVE IN THE GAME 10/10

Seriously though, Tibarn is pretty awesome. It's a shame that you can't actually get the Tibarn x Nailah boss quote.

8/10

Fucking broken. There is no mook that Tibarn can't ORKO, and he can do fine with most bosses too. And he has SS Strike base, and Tear is awesome. His stats are awesome too. And he has formshift. Yeah.

9/10 because availability + 1 bias.

10/10

and this is why democracy was a bad move

edit: might as well, doesn't exist but is basically amazing at everything except his outfit confuses me and I don't know where he got that shirt/jacket/whatever it is considering the time period?

shaves like a hobo doesn't while he's around but 1 range and buttfucking reyson for most of the game significantly cuts down on his influence so he's a 5/10 for me

Edited by Naglfar

Broken. Tear, SS strike, highest movement, amazing base stats, best laguz class... The best royal IMO.

9.25/10 + bias to reach the 10/10

If Tibarn beats any of these people, I'm going to punch someone.

Great for when he's around, but only around for 3 chapters and lacks 1-2 range. 5/10 -bias because people are ridiculous 4/10

alright i'll give more reasoning.

Tibarn is great when he's around which is like... 3 chapters, but he contributes well in those. he has awesome stats and will kill everything. availability and lack of 2 range hurts him though.

6/10

Edited by Ice Sage

Why do people give him such low scores?

Tibarn is an amazing laguz royal, and kicks butt in the chapters he is in. The only thing stopping him is 1 range (normal with laguz) and availability. Either way, a great choice for endgame. 7/10

Great for when he's around, but only around for 3 chapters and lacks 1-2 range. 5/10 -bias because people are ridiculous 4/10

Heh before your vote and ice sage's vote those 4 would have been beaten.

Anyway, this except without the -1 bias so 5/10.

7/10. Not around for long, but when he is, he's virtually unstoppable.

Edited by Golden Cucco

He would be 10/10 if he weren't only in 3 chapters. But he and Elincia are tag-team murder fiends who clear out their whole map without much help from anyone else. He's so broken the only way he can die is if he gets hit by multiple crossbows... which can happen because I'm retarded but he's got Pavise for everything else and insane amounts of Tear activation and formshift. But yeah, he's clutch for 2 chapters and then an exceptionally good choice for 4-E since he has absolutely no work required in raising him...

So he gets the same as Naesala. 6.5/10

Low availability, high move, and kicks but while he's there, with a good natural skill-set. Naesala makes himself useful on the desert chapter, but isn't as good overall, so I'll give them the same base score. Tibarn does get +1 bias for TIBARN THE DRAGON SLAYER pfff. (For slaying dragons. Long story/inside joke) 8.5/10

Tibarn. King of Phoenicis and lord of anal rape of everything in his path.

Pros:

:o:

Super bases.

Great base level.

Mastery.

Pavise.

Hnngh.

Flies.

Cons:

Stealin' yer exp!

O_o

Tibarn is a smug, smug SOB. He hits hard and fast and can solo maps. In fact, hes so broken, its not even fun to use him. I usually take Pavise off of him and put it on Pelleas because Pelleas caps skill early and makes good use of it. (i.e, not getting murdered) Fucken a guys, Tibarn doesnt even need Pavise. Tibarns strength is insane...hell everything he does is insane. Hes gonna dodge crossbows and if he takes a bolt, he aint goin' down. Da fuck...

I dont use him much because....

4qir8o.jpg

Srsly.

Despite all that awesome, he kinda gets on my nerves as a unit and is severe crutch.

6/10. 5.5/10 bias because of the above. He is pretty hot though...

Going with this too.

Is there something I'm not understanding? Tibarn is higher than Neph, Oscar, Elincia and Jill on the tier list.

Intuitively he does a lot more than someone like Neph, who after a chapter of solid contributions sort of just get babied for the entirety of part 3 and she is still worse than Tibarn in part 4 and endgame.

I mean, the 10/10 votes are lame, but how is 4/10 any less lame?

Is there something I'm not understanding? Tibarn is higher than Neph, Oscar, Elincia and Jill on the tier list.

Intuitively he does a lot more than someone like Neph, who after a chapter of solid contributions sort of just get babied for the entirety of part 3 and she is still worse than Tibarn in part 4 and endgame.

I think its meant to balance the 10/10 stupidity votes. And he practically doesnt exist.

Aside from what PKL said, I think Neph's a bad example in this case, seeing as she's higher than she reasonably should be.

I guess is depends upon how heavily you weigh his contributions. He's invaluable in getting a very quick clear of the laguz chapter. And he will kill everything in the chapter proceeding that one. In terms of Endgame, he easily gets a slot without 2nd thought. He gets enough speed to double auras without any assistance which is more than others. Tibarn continues to murder things in a ORKO fashion all throughout the endgame.

For any decent filler endgame unit I would give them a 5/10, but Tibarn's combat and use in the laguz chapter is 10x better than any filler unit this late into the game. I'd give him a 6/10 for that.