Questions about B/W breeding & Dream World

Flying Shogi

Recently my interest in the Pokemon series has come back and made me want to breed some Pokes. However, I do not know if the breeding process in these two games are the same as HG/SS. What I mean is that does B/W still have the Everstone and Power items nature and IV pass downs respectively things like it did in HG/SS?

As for Dream World, how would one have access to the Dream World abilities and can someone explain this feature? Also, can one get access to rare berries like the Yache berry through DW? If so, how?

Edited by UberLughFTW

95% sure breeding w/everstone and power items works the same in gen 5 as gen 4.

Pokemon obtained from the dream world and certain events (And some ingame in Black and White 2) have their dream world abilities. Dream World abilities have a 50% chance of being passed down if the female Pokemon has it. DOES NOT WORK WITH DITTO AS EITHER PARENT.

Dunno about berries. I'm sure Serebii has the info you need though.

Just checked serebii and it said that the HG/SS breeding things are in D/W.

As for DW, I've been there before and I'm still confused. Say I wanted a Magic Bounce Espeon and I send it to DW, what would I need to do for me to get that ability?

Edited by UberLughFTW

Find a new Eevee or Espeon in the Dream World; you cannot change a pre-existing Pokémon's abilities. There was a promotion featuring the Eeveelutions with Dream World abilities a while ago, and I'm not sure if Eevee is available there otherwise.

So this involves even more breeding if I want the right IVs and nature. And how do I go about "meeting" this Eevee? Is it through one of those mini-games in DW? And are DW guaranteed their DW abilities?

I have another question though. I was training my Terrakion last night for Attack with the Power Bracer and PokeRus but after defeating like 20 pokes that gives off 1 Attack EV, I used a rare candy to see the stat gain and I was surprised to see it gain only +3. Unless they've changed the EV mechanics, I should have 200 EVs in attack which should at least get a +5 in one level. I've never trained this Terrakion since catching it so it does not have previous EVs.

The are a limited number of Pokémon available through the regular dream world. (Again, Serebii has your back.) Eevee is not one of them. I don't believe the eeveelution promotion is still running, so if you want a magic bounce espeon you have a few options.

1. Scrounge for a female DW Eevee on the GTS (Japan had an event where DW eevee was made available in either gender.) or find someone who can breed you a female DW Eevee for your own use.

2. You could look for a DW Espeon as well, but all Espeon given out through the event were male and therefore their ability cannot be rebred, so you would have to go with what you got.

3. Wait for Black and White 2, where you're given a DW ability Eevee in game.

In Gen 5, EVs are applied immediately. Therefore you won't see absurd stat level ups like you could in Gen 4.

Edited by Stark

That sucks. Oh well. At least it gives me time to breed some other Pokes.

When you say the effects of EVs are applied immediately, do you mean that we are able to see stat changes before leveling up?

Edited by UberLughFTW

That sucks. Oh well. At least it gives me time to breed some other Pokes.

When you say the effects of EVs are applied immediately, do you mean that we are able to see stat changes before leveling up?

You'll notice the stat you're EVing go up, even without leveling up.

You'll notice the stat you're EVing go up, even without leveling up.

That is cool. I was training my Slugma and it was gaining levels at such a fast pace that I can't really see the desired results.

Edited by UberLughFTW