Rate the Unit, Epilogue!

A poll is the perfect way to decide which side of the debate won. You debated, they debated, now there's the decision, which is done with a poll.

In a place like forum debates, yes, where you have two people only debating, and the voters are as objective as possible once they finish. Here, Bottle and me weren't the only ones, and sure as hell, the votes in the MU topic were a good indication of what's going to happen in the poll. I feel that this was just a cheap method to be able to throw away my vote, and as i said in my previous posts, my vote is substantial enough not to be thrown out because it doesn't fit the rules.

And as i said before, this topic was originally even designed to raise/lower people, not to amend scores. Anyway. If people want to have his score changed that badly, i;m just saying, follow your own rules, and actually debate it.

EDIT: And not gonna be seen in here anymore, i've done my says, had a good discussion with Bottle, So cheers for that. ;o

Edited by Vicious Sal

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sal are you seriously this stupid

you cannot be this stupid

First off, and this is merely the first of MANY reasons why you are an idiot, of ALL the units to criticise on not being absolutely everything, you criticise MY FUCKING UNIT? Who not only has access to all these different starting classes AND builds BUT will have higher strength than any other magician/magic than any other physical due to getting strength/magic bonuses in the same traits? I mean seriously, man, think! What is constructive or clever about you arbitrarily shaving off .1 of a point? All you are doing is being a pain in the as about minutiae nobody gives a fuck about.

All right. I put up the poll. The voting ends on July 13th, 2100-2200 EST!

Where's the 'I don't care' option?

And is bumping up a score .01 point something to get worked up over?

Edited by ZM456

@Sal, I still would like to know how any of the stuff you posted from Mal's rating does anything to respond to my "Evidently only staffbots can ever be 'perfect units.'"

Anyway, at everyone against it, meh, if you agree with his reasoning, vote no. If he had taken off points for bias, that would be different, and no one would be complaining this much. It would have been like two posts long.

Personally, I think Purple is handling this the best way he could. Props on that.

No, the best way to handle it would be to just let everyone complain about it and be mad that MU doesn't have a 10/10 and do nothing about it. It was a thread where members rated units according to whatever criteria they wanted, allowing for them to also include bias to raise and lower scores. If Sal gave him a 9.99/10 or whatever he gave him, suck it up and get over it, because according to the guidelines set forth he was allowed to do so.

Putting up a poll to retroactively change the scores diminishes ever having done them in the first place.

And yeah I know it's not a huge problem or something to take so seriously, but I think its really really stupid to try and change the score just because people didn't like the rating Sal gave. I've been saying this shit since the first RTU series popped up. If you don't like the scores people give, and they are within whatever guidelines have been given, sorry but move on.

No, the best way to handle it would be to just let everyone complain about it and be mad that MU doesn't have a 10/10 and do nothing about it. It was a thread where members rated units according to whatever criteria they wanted, allowing for them to also include bias to raise and lower scores. If Sal gave him a 9.99/10 or whatever he gave him, suck it up and get over it, because according to the guidelines set forth he was allowed to do so.

Putting up a poll to retroactively change the scores diminishes ever having done them in the first place.

And yeah I know it's not a huge problem or something to take so seriously, but I think its really really stupid to try and change the score just because people didn't like the rating Sal gave. I've been saying this shit since the first RTU series popped up. If you don't like the scores people give, and they are within whatever guidelines have been given, sorry but move on.

Again, I wasn't trying to throw out Sal's vote. In fact, I didn't know there was only one person who gave him less than a 10.0.

If you don't like it, find some friends and tell them to vote no. It's that simple.

A poll is the best way to figure this out, IMO. If it gets voted down, you won't see me bitching. In the meantime, just let the poll run it's course.

Again, I wasn't trying to throw out Sal's vote. In fact, I didn't know there was only one person who gave him less than a 10.0.

If you don't like it, find some friends and tell them to vote no. It's that simple.

A poll is the best way to figure this out, IMO. If it gets voted down, you won't see me bitching. In the meantime, just let the poll run it's course.

Well I guess that's a difference then, because I will keep bitching. The point is that there is even a poll in the first place. People should be free to complain about the score once the ratings are over, I have no problem with that. But I do have a problem with the rating being changed after its already taken place.

I would like to change my Malliesia rating to a 8.98/10.

She can't fly, be a Horseman and Berserker, and use Resire at the same time.

Edited by Tyranel M

Bro why so mad with caps lock?

OH SORRY

ratings over too bad so sad

EDIT: But for real, no "best unit" in any of the other RTU topics have gotten a perfect 10/10, so I don't see why MU has to get it. Seth and Sigurd are just as game breaking and they only got a 9.91 and 9.96 respectively.

Edited by frat_tastic