TearRing Saga translation patch released

VincentASM

I've just received word from the translation project organiser that the first version of the TearRing Saga translation patch has been released.

You can find all the details, and of course the patch, here.

At the moment, I haven't had time to test the patch myself, since I don't have TRS on me and I'm busy translating myself X D

However, the readme is very forthcoming in saying that it's by no means a complete patch, but I'm sure it'll be very useful for non-Japanese speaking fans.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to test this later. Love this game! =)

Can't wait to see the script released.

Edited by アイネ

ATTN ALL:

PLEASE POST BUG REPORTS/ Translation problems/ name inconsistencies at our Google Code page under "Issues":

https://code.google.com/p/tear-ring-saga-english/

Foxstar74 here, one of the project members. Please note that this is NOT A COMPLETE FINISHED PATCH:

1) no bug testing has been done, so we anticipate PLENTY of bugs. PLZ post your bugs here so we could take a look, upload a SAVE GAME and / or SAVE STATE as attachments here so that we may recreate the bug.

2) names differ all over the place due to numerous translators and lack of a complete editor to unify everything.

3) the latter half of the game is VERY ROUGHLY TRANSLATED and ENGRISHY so please anticipate this, the first half raises the bar in terms of translation quality that you will definitely feel a disappointing difference due to lack of edits in second half. Some areas in the latter half will not be completely comprehensible, you have been warned.

So why release it at all if it's not complete?

Well to complete it to a near-perfect/ professional state may take forever at the current pace. Hence, we decided to release it as-is and at least allow those who desire to play it in its current state to be able to play. Also we hope to reinvigorate interest in this project so that any would-be editors may help contribute to this game. So if there are any potential editors who would like to help edit the latter half of the game please post here or contact me and let me know. Thanks and enjoy!

Thx for the news post VincentASM!

If anybody plays this game and could make some youtube videos of a playthrough of the first few levels please let me know, I'll link to them on our website.

Our websites:

https://sites.google.com/site/trstrans/

http://www.ayashii.com/blog/ayashii-gamesubs.html

Edited by foxstar74

Been playing it on my PS1, and apart from the rare scro

lling errors like that, it's pretty good so far.

The biggest thing however, is the fact that the status font is really, really small (or I'm just part blind), and one village even black screen'd me. However, the game still ran and continued to do so afterwards, it was just that I couldn't read what Bartz's grandfather was saying.

I played it before in Japanese, but now that it's translated, I look forward to my second run!

Oh good, I'll try it out and I found it interesting when I viewed those TearRing Saga chapters from YouTube and I seemed to like that game.

I've always wanted to try this. It's for ps right?

Yep, it's a PlayStation game.

Cool! Now if I can get a working PS1 Emu and an ISO (I obviously won't expect help with the latter) sometime I might give it a shot!

Same here, even though the Emu really isn't that much of a problem.

If anybody plays this game and could make some youtube videos of a playthrough of the first few levels please let me know, I'll link to them on our

That's what I'm planning to do as soon as I can get ePSXe to work. =)

Hyuck hyuck, now for Berwick...

Unfortunately, it seems emulating Berwick properly is still basically impossible even for new computers. According to Byrnes, it's unoptimized in some way that a PS2 can run just fine, but other devices have a ton of trouble with it, even if they can handle other PS2 games without issues.

You'd think game developers concerned about piracy would just need to intentionally cause this "error" to force people to buy the game. Although the 3DS seems to be succeeding at the same goal without such measures.

Unfortunately, it seems emulating Berwick properly is still basically impossible even for new computers. According to Byrnes, it's unoptimized in some way that a PS2 can run just fine, but other devices have a ton of trouble with it, even if they can handle other PS2 games without issues.

You'd think game developers concerned about piracy would just need to intentionally cause this "error" to force people to buy the game. Although the 3DS seems to be succeeding at the same goal without such measures.

Well fuck.

If anybody plays this game and could make some youtube videos of a playthrough of the first few levels please let me know, I'll link to them on our website.

I could probably do that some time this week.

Is it okay to use this thread to suggest possible fixes for future revisions of the patch? So far I've noticed:

- the colour of the text during the intro makes it very hard to read.

- the stage names appear in Japanese untranslated.

Really enjoying it so far, I've played through this game so many times dying to know what's going on with all these cool characters.