Shining force GBA vs Genesis version?

I recently bought a sega genesis and a box of games from cousin , inside was a copy of shining force . A few years ago I played the gba version and really enjoyed it . I don't have a copy anymore . So I was thinking about giving the genesis version a shot . Are there any major differences between the two versions of the game ?

Gba has 3 new characters, a slightly expanded (though more confusing) plot from the original, and a feature that makes the game more difficult each tone you beat it.

Also, Lv3 and Lv4 spells were reversed...bad idea

Quite a few actually.

Biggest change is probably the introduction of 3 new characters Narsha, Zuika and Mawlock. Other things, such as being rewarded for short turning is also existent, weapons that didn't exist in the original, cards collecting (helps Mawlock). You also get Hanzour and Musashi a LOT earlier than you used to. Magic Resistance is a new stat.

They changed some other more subtle things too, like stat bases and growths, and the biggest one being that Agility actually works as it should in that it dictates turn order definitely rather than somewhat randomized. That alone changes up a lot, such as making Gong a lot more significant early on to name one such character it effects. Terrain movement types are more diverse, which helps the likes of archers and warriors.

Trying to remember what else...Gameplay wise, the remake is superior, but for atmosphere the original blows the remake out of the water. Both versions are really good though and I'd definitely recommend both.

EDIT: Also, switching level 3 and 4 spells was a good idea. Magic was ridiculous in the original.

Edited by grandjackal

Lv 4 spells are now the stronger aoe while lv 3 spells are the strongest. I think that's silly.

Also hi GJ. Guess what?

Guntz :P