Elibean Nights

Arch

Ahhh I see, I was unaware Louise was a Sagittary in fe7x! That certainly makes sense then. Yeah an updated mugshot to coincide with the class would be slick not gonna lie. God bless the Everett buff though. His mustache deceived me into thinking he was a powerhouse the first time I played and I might have gotten a couple game overs because of it xD

Any ideas on two other characters who would most deserve a revamp?

Everett got buff of: +5HP, +3Str, +1Spd, +1Con.

By the way, there's also quite a few typos here and there in the dialogue (for all tales). And some wrong class descriptions. Would you like me to list those out specifically? Or will proof-reading just come later as a lower priority?

A list would be fantastic!

Also, Legault's gettin' swaggy. Doing some work on his tale today. Any additional comments on that one specifically?

WXKdWQY.png

Edited by Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're planning on doing a 3 person pack along with Louise then I would suggest an updated Dorcas. Some spiked pauldrons would be awesome since he's a warrior class now, and he's working alongside the knights to protect and rebuild Pherae so he should be dressed a little nicer than if he were still working for thugs.

Edit: If you want any more suggestions then I would have to say I'm indecisive between Karel, Heath and Canas needing it more.

Karel

has been slipping into insanity in his tale so mimicing the change Lyon experienced would be flat out perfect in my own opinion. A progressive state of decline showing his slipping sanity and craze for bloodshed. Maybe he starts the tale with his normal portrait and after a certain point he changes to a blood crazy portrait that has him looking like demon king Lyon ie. Dark eyes, a hateful look, and rugged hair. This would also fit what Kaherdin is teaching him about slipping from the path and being driven by a bloodlust. Then after receiving his new title as sword saint he reverts back to his old portrait.

Canas

doesn't look much like a druid with his old fe7 portrait and he is dedicated to learning and studying so not having time to cut his hair would fit him. So I'd say longer hair (like his son Hugh has) that is in a ponytail and then some facial hair like a wil turner mustache from pirates of the caribean would fit with his monacle. Also, some more druid based clothing such as glyphs sowed in the fabric or a ripped up hood.

Heath

I'd say needs some more damage to his armor. He's a mercenary that has been travelling with raven (depending) for a long time. Enough time for Raven to grow into his new portrait so naturally his armor would begin to decline and become more personal as he repairs it since Bern is no longer supplying him with his armor. So more of a fixer upper set of armor ie. a new pauldron on one side with dragon teeth on the ends while the other shoulder has the old pauldron still. Then maybe something that shows his further experience with wyverns since he's now a wyvern lord like a dragon scale shirt instead of his typical brown one.

Thats my 2 cents man. Either way I know you have talented artists so I'm sure whatever you do it'll be befitting the story.

Edited by Lance-a-lot

Cinquedea loooool FFTAing so hard in this bitch

And the thief glove too XD

Thief Glove (just so people know I guess) grants the "Steal" command to whoever holds it.

And I haven't really played FFTA so yeah, I probably got the name from here.

Oh man, I second an updated Karel mug were he looks a little more psycho (like his official art? He was always too chill in his mug...).

Yeah, that one sounds like a cool addition. I've got Merc working on a revamped Louise, so we'll see.

Louise was changed to Sagittary (which I still insist is a better name than Longbowman, BwdYeti) because it's her promoted class in FE7x.

So Louise is a Centaur now?

Yeah, that one sounds like a cool addition. I've got Merc working on a revamped Louise, so we'll see.

I don't know if you saw my suggestions on portraits earlier since I edited it a while after I originally posted it, so if you didn't I basically said Dorcas and either Karal, Canas or Heath. But that's awesome news about the Louise portrait, I'm not knowledgeable on the time frame required for a portrait so excuse any stupidity when I ask but is it something to expect by New Years or farther in the future? Edited by Lance-a-lot

Since you requested, I'm going to play each tale one by one and compile all the typos/errors/oddities I can find. I thought it might help to do a late sweep just to make sure everything is good for the final release. I might as well have an eye out for things while enjoying the latest release. It's no biggie.

I'll do each tale one by one, but not necessarily in order. Starting with Hector's Tale:

Tale 3

Gameplay

FXjb6Jm.png

Hector goes into this house...

mdfGojZ.png

This is all it shows. Then it exits again back to the map. This is when I reached the boss from the east and made Hector travel to these houses afterwards.

jVK6Bkp.png

Erik's Rapier does effective bonus damage on male mage knights...

W6paVZH.png

... but not on females. In fact I didn't test it but this could be true for other weapons too. Might want to check this.

Text/Dialogue

RMoieDQ.png

'as' should be 'was'.

bTWQBFS.png

I think there needs to be an 'is' after 'see' following from "The last thing...".

2j9sB0L.png

This is what happened when I made Fargus go into the village where he spawned from. Mug glitch.

aas1jHp.png

So this is what 7x is about huh? Uther and friends' fantastic shopping spree?

4ANFYlB.png

This should be "who you're talking to, you little...!?". Without the '...' it almost seems like he's asking her if she's little.

rflf8Xf.png

I'm pretty sure the 'it' is supposed to be either 'is' or 'it is'.

VaF0h7S.png

There seems to be an extra space between 'Well,' and 'ye'.

efpc2ls.png

Hj1N7Fp.png

CTUrxwB.png

I've noticed that there's an inconsistency between whether you use '!?' or '?!'. I would correct all of them to '!?', since that's the one you use more often. Therefore I've listed all of the '?!' for you to change. It's an incredibly minor thing but it's worth pointing out nonetheless.

m8oTSXg.png

This should be "Dawson... you traitorous swine!". I've noticed that you often have no spaces after a pause '...'. Again, Just something for consistency here. It generally looks better if there is one. You normally have a pause but sometimes not, so you might want to check this yourself throughout the entire script. I won't list any more beyond this one, just know that it's a common thing.

Hope that helps. I'll try and get through one or two tales a day.

We're having some technical difficulties with the last bit of polish for publicly rolling out Matchmaker for the beta (the ASM that elevates support levels on command), so we'll have to see whether or not tonight's update patch gets pushed back 'til tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience, I know there are a few crippling bugs and people have been clamoring for a fix.

Isn't Hoplon Guard + Iron Rune redundant? Unless Arch changed one of them, they have the same effect...

Hoplon Guard grants a passive +2 Def/Res. No crit negation. Edited by Arch

I am returning here after a long FE romhacking vacation and man, would you look at how many things have changed. For the awesomest.

Feels like I'd be getting in over my head by beta-testing all the matchmaking combinations, but i'll definitely look out for typos as I usually do (and then send out a huge zip file).

Edited by Miacis

I've noticed that there's an inconsistency between whether you use '!?' or '?!'. I would correct all of them to '!?', since that's the one you use more often. Therefore I've listed all of the '?!' for you to change. It's an incredibly minor thing but it's worth pointing out nonetheless.

The easiest solution, of course, would be for everyone to start using the interrobang. Can we add one to the font?

I am returning here after a long FE romhacking vacation and man, would you look at how many things have changed. For the awesomest.

Glad to have you back, Miacis! Your help is definitely always appreciated. Edited by Arch

zPvZEd7.png?1

Guess I broke the chapter haha, she just won't say die and I'm on turn 40

Well, this chapter was crazy fun to play. Just a report though

- The villager says he will give you a sword but he gives 7500 gold instead and the village doesn't close after visiting it

- The bottom house which I managed to reach gives Ninian's scene where Eliwood learns her wife is pregnant but with Eliwood and Lyn married instead.

Edit: The house above the village gives the talk between Nathalie and Lyn (replacing Ninian) where she says she feels exhausted and Nathalie wants to examine her.

Edit2: Also the armory doesn't work, we just can't enter but maybe you would think nobody could make it there :-P

Edited by Bleachya43vier

Here are the typos/issues I've found for Tale 6, 5 and Finale.

Tale 6 (Karel)

baBGPMc.png

Disappoint.

O2qj4qB.png

Seems like it should be either "You... killed so many men?" or "You'd... kill so many men?" having both 'You'd' and 'Killed' seems off. Double past tense phrasing.

Tale 5 (Raven)

7Nflm20.png

Kingdom

kWMeJ20.png

I think this is supposed to be "Ostia is in no way...".

uWoUl63.png

Battalion

QGOpBZM.png

Colossal

ONgKASh.png

Interesting

13iGlqJ.png

Guarantee

v2E9wrI.png

This Sagittary...

6Xqah9S.png

... Is glitched?

Finale (Zephiel)

p6JDsv3.png

Understanding

OY9moOM.png

rJSjcBK.png

You've spelt her name as Guinevere here where everywhere else it's Guinivere.

Barring in mind that Karel's tale can't be completed due to the game over that happens currently. So didn't play beyond that part, of course.

Thanks for the report, Bleachya! I'll be taking a look at Raven's pt. 2 shortly.

txShHWR.png

After I finish adding this guy's pairing to pt. 1. Felt compelled to add just one more: Sain x Priscilla.

DLuna, just to clarify my approach to ellipses has been: if the ellipse would end a sentence, there's a space and a capitalization to begin the next sentence. Sometimes they're used mid-sentence, in which case it just keeps running normally. I think IS did something similar, but I'm probably incorrect and inconsistent (yup, I even see an inconsistency in one of your screencaps). Thanks again for your help! I'll go fix all those typos and that palette.

Edited by Arch

There is an odd issue in the hack. If you are in "Tale Select" (which you have no combat capable units in) and try to make a link arena team in and have the empty teams selected, the game cuts to black and crashes due to the engine being unable to display empty teams. You may want to remove the link arena.

Edited by Mastergabe2000

Meredith is a strong independent woman who needn't be called no 'Lady'.

It can be a title for a knight.

Speaking of Meredith, wasn't she supposed to be Nino's mother in FE7x canon? Think I might have read it somewhere, jokingly or otherwise. But she seems a little too 'alive' for that. Heh.

(I have no idea)

Pretty sure Nino's mother named is Iris, though.

This is true. Never mind.

I'm going to go with jokingly then.

Edited by DLuna

mlfRHQd.png

I think this should be Lady, not Sir?

I think your inner-patriarchy is showing. DLuna is right, it's a knight's title.

And yeah, Nino's mother is Canas's relative by marriage or something. As far as I'm aware Meredith has no blood relations to any previous canonical characters.

Edited by Arch

I think this should be Lady, not Sir?

Actually I do believe "Dame" would be the proper feminine equivalent.

But anyways, that's her actual title in FE7x, so no reason to change it. Why Sir and not Dame, though? Well, she's a special case.

a very special case |3

On a beta-ing note, I'm slowly going through things, but two major things I don't think are part of the bug list:

- Harken doesn't transfer stats and equipment in Merlinus's Tale.

- Toni's dialogues on Rath's tale seem off. She starts in the party now, yet her "freeing Lyn" scene still shows up.

I think your inner-patriarchy is showing. DLuna is right, it's a knight's title.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up then.

ZRVzLg4.png

How did Igrene end up in Jerrot's group, and why is she suddenly flirting with Sigune?

A minor bug, but I don't think it's been reported yet. Anyways, I found something more mayor that someone else could have, but I don't believe was reported in the thread, at least not yet?

BQOlawa.png

I tried trading the Amatsu to Rath so that he could give it to Lyn, but it looks like it's bugged big time, since when I tried to, the game glitched up and gave me some text about unlocking the "Trororo" achievement. Couldn't trade it or seemingly exit the trading screen. If it's of any help, I was and still am using a save from the previous version, so this could be simply a result of that.