Elibean Nights

Arch

Xvvf6Q0.png

Minor update, just a small thing I'd been meaning to do for a while. Color-coded commands (thanks FE7 for including this functionality by default).

Yellow = commands that you can't perform another action after, Talk/Support/Visit/Door/Chest/Arena/Armory/Vendor/Secret

Blue = non-attacking commands that target another unit, Staff/Rescue/Dance/Play/Steal

Flashing green = commands that you can perform an action after (like in default GBAFE)

Edited by Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, everyone! After toiling away from the spotlight and keeping my work on Elibean Nights relatively low-key, I've finally gotten the game to a point where I feel comfortable calling it the "final release". There will not be any updates to content after this patch, only bug fixes if the need arises (although it has been very thoroughly beta tested and issues should be minimal--I say "should" because those of you who've been following this project for a while know that #TheCurse always rears it's ugly head whenever I try to release the damn thing).

I'd like to thank all of the homies who've helped me out along this incredible journey. Elibean Nights would not be what it is today without the generous support of everyone who has contributed to its development. It takes a village to build a ROM hack, and the most satisfying part of this whole journey has been building that village with you all. Thanks for everything (you all know who you are, so I'll spare you all the cringe of going on some epic roll of shout-outs). Now that EN is complete, I'm looking forward to continuing to work and collaborate with all of you on exciting new endeavors.

Without any further delay, enjoy the hack!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19964863/ENFinalPatch.ups

Edited by Arch

8 minutes ago, ChaosSlicer said:

When I enter any tale, nobody can use any commands other than Wait.

Hmm. That's a very bizarre glitch. Are you sure that you patched it to a clean ROM?

32 minutes ago, circleseverywhere said:

Pls to fix Fargus' death quote

Also Fargus dying wins the chapter

Thanks for pointing this out. Can't believe I missed that!

Edited by Arch

8 minutes ago, ChaosSlicer said:

When I enter any tale, nobody can use any commands other than Wait.

This is happening to me as well, at least in Karel's tale. Um... Happy April Fools day?

Arch pls fix.

3 minutes ago, ChaosSlicer said:

Yes. My tactician can use commands, and the matchmaking is fine too.

3 minutes ago, CrystalPoke said:

This is happening to me as well, at least in Karel's tale. Um... Happy April Fools day?

Arch pls fix.

Huh. This is very strange. It might have something to do with a hack that Zane was working on for me shortly before the release. It allows me to vary the command unit menu based on Chapter ID, so maybe that's the root of this? Admittedly, I applied the full hack right before the release but the versions I'd tested were working properly. I guess I'll have to investigate.

#TheCurse strikes again, LOL.

I've checked and every Tale has this bug. Also, there are some Bonus content scenes where, if you select "Yes", you get a black screen. Also, in his Bonus Content, Astor is called "the deceased Archsage" in his description.

Nils has Hector's portrait and is called "Knight Commander of Bern"

Edited by CrystalPoke

All my characters can do is Wait. It makes for interesting strategies I must say... (and yes, I did use a clean rom) Also why does everyone suddenly have Jugdral Holy Weapons? I smell an April Fool...

33 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

All my characters can do is Wait. It makes for interesting strategies I must say... (and yes, I did use a clean rom) Also why does everyone suddenly have Jugdral Holy Weapons? I smell an April Fool...

Oh derp. It sounds like I left Regalia mode on. It is actually a gameplay mode for fun OP shenanigans. (Protip: If someone finds the game too hard, all they need to do is find the three Jugdral cameos hidden in the game and beat those chapters after finding them to unlock this mode, then you can pretty much wreck the rest of the game).

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to replicate this "Wait glitch" myself. Gonna keep looking into it, but I'm genuinely baffled.

It's never ceases to amaze me how the game always seems to break in unexpected ways every time I publish a link to a new patch... It's almost supernatural at this point, LOL.

Edited by Arch

4 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Any suggestion? I've been eager to play this for months and now... BUGS. The rom must be US, right?

Yeah, if you patched on a US ROM you didn't mess up. It's just the curse. Or Arch playing with us for April Fools.

Edited by CrystalPoke

A pic of the glitch, in case it's needed Idk =P. It could just be my rom, wouldn't be surprising if it the case with the audio glitches that happened while I was taking the screenshot. (Yes I'm using a US Rom Btw) 

EDIT: Just ignore this post, I was informed the "Wait" Glitch was a joke. (GG Arch)

Elibean Night Wait Glitch.jpg

Edited by DuskDatShadow
The "Wait" Glitch was a joke

• 2 months later...