Elibean Nights

Arch

I just subscribed to a Fire Emblem YouTuber and found this hack. It is actually very cool but some of the portraits are weird. I found some problems (bugs) like Grant appearing on every map and is targeted by enemies, the achievements looks like I already completed them, broken battle quotes, and more

FE Elibean Nights Final Version Beta (patched)_1506824431353.png

FE Elibean Nights Final Version Beta (patched)_1507039787016.png

FE Elibean Nights Final Version Beta (patched)_1507039692184.png

FE Elibean Nights Final Version Beta (patched)_1506825192304.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Hector's tale, pairing him with Lyn results in the pre battle conversation (where Oswin tells Hector about receiving a declaration of war, followed by Matthew and Serra commenting on it) getting repeated. The first time is the normal convo, the second includes Kent and Lyn.

Also in Hector's tale, if you kill Erik, the game freezes. I think he was supposed to have a death quote, but the game froze because he wasn't given one. This may only happen when Hector is paired with Lyn.

3 hours ago, DolphinDingus said:

In Hector's tale, pairing him with Lyn results in the pre battle conversation (where Oswin tells Hector about receiving a declaration of war, followed by Matthew and Serra commenting on it) getting repeated. The first time is the normal convo, the second includes Kent and Lyn.

Also in Hector's tale, if you kill Erik, the game freezes. I think he was supposed to have a death quote, but the game froze because he wasn't given one. This may only happen when Hector is paired with Lyn.

Someone watched Mangs' latest episode of Elibean Nights I see.

1 hour ago, Ragnell17 said:

Someone watched Mangs' latest episode of Elibean Nights I see.

I have even linked to the LP earlier in this thread. Typically, though, my bug reports are from personal experience. I just don't want any bug to go unnoticed by the developers, so I tend to report the bugs that Mangs encounters but that I miss.

I don't have any screenshots of this, but during Pent's Chapter...

Spoiler

I killed Efta (secret boss) and promoted Pent to Archsage via the Heaven Seal.

When I finished the chapter, the game glitched out and reset, and all of my progress on all of my save files were gone. Is this supposed to happen? I know I was using a loaded Gameshark Snapshot save, so I suppose this could have been that. But it's still rather severe.

Also, some of the bonus content causes the game to crash, and the save file is lost because it saves right before the content loads and crashes. The only aversion to this is by using save states to rewind. 

Overall, this game (yes, I call EN its own game) is very nearly as good as Vanilla Blazing Sword and it's even better than Binding Blade. But there are a still few bugs to fix.

Love this hack, but I've got some things to report.

Spoiler

-The General bow animation glitches when the string  is pulled.

-If Rebecca and Will are paired, the convos in Merlinus's Tale are replaced with a Hector/Owsin scene.

-If Grant dies in Jerrot's Tale, his Death Quote is replaced by a convo between Louise and Rebecca.

-Echidna, Nino, and Orun's bounus scenes don't trigger. Not sure if this is the case for other scenes.

-Lowen's status screen in Merlinus's Tale says he can talk to Marcus. You can't do this.

-The Smithing Kit item is bugged.

-Several houses give either infinite items, or different ones then what the dialogue says they give.

-When Niime is an NPC in Jerrot's Tale, the only thing she'll do is physic a full-health Mercutio.

-Vaida has Narcian's description.

-In Raven's Tale Part 2, Shen has no Death Quote.

-The RNG on Eliwood's Tale is weird. The lower the hit rate, the more the attacks hit. If hit is above 70, the attack usually misses.

-The boss of Eliwood's Tale has a generic portrait.

On 10/19/2017 at 9:46 PM, msterforks said:

For some reason, Poisoned By Madness (Rath's Story) doesn't have any FoW. Also, opening any chests causes a crash. This makes the level unbeatable since there's a rogue that tries to loot the chests.

Its actually a new bonus objective, instead of the Fog of War. Arch decided to add a unique objective instead of an overused one like Fog of War, so he decided that the other victory requirement is to protect the chests. 

On 20.10.2017 at 4:46 AM, msterforks said:

For some reason, Poisoned By Madness (Rath's Story) doesn't have any FoW. Also, opening any chests causes a crash. This makes the level unbeatable since there's a rogue that tries to loot the chests.

You can, you just have to get to area below Prasad's throne room ASAP. He moves, and will attack you through the wall, allowing you to snipe him with Murgleis. Mangs used that strategy to kill him.

• 3 weeks later...

The Matchmaking Girl(Aeorys) is Still referred to as a Swordmaster, despite being a Druid(Warlock) at the beginning of tale select.

Edit:

In His tale, Eliwood is able to use Set's Litany, and Ninian Isn't, as well as it crashing the game if Eliwood uses it.

Edited by Yetiplays

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I'm gonna be doing an interview for FEE3 tomorrow. I figured I would open the floor for fans to submit their own questions about EN. If you have anything you'd like to ask me, feel free to submit your questions by replying to this topic.

Also, I started working on some revamps to Hector's Tale and probably some other more gameplay changes to follow.

sbSQJWQ.png

Happy FEE3!

Edited by Arch

About to try this hack, my very first one... and I thought I'd give my two cents : I struggled to make this work because I had no clue I needed a rom of the U version ! Maybe you should specify it in the OP ? It may be that it's obvious for everyone on the forum but I can tell you that it would have spared me a lot of time.

Looking forward to play the game !

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to get a good/alternative ending on Raven's Tale, part 2?

How do I get Erk in that chapter?

Overall, I like the hack pretty much, but the high (and also sometimes very variable) difficulty makes it quite frustrating.

21 hours ago, Bas said:

Is it possible to get a good/alternative ending on Raven's Tale, part 2?

How do I get Erk in that chapter?

Overall, I like the hack pretty much, but the high (and also sometimes very variable) difficulty makes it quite frustrating.

1) Not really... Surrendering means that Heath/Geitz don't die along with Raven, but that's about the best you can get out of it.

2) Use the matchmaker, and set Priscilla's pairing to be with Erk. Whoever is set to be with her will appear in place of Heath.

On 10/5/2017 at 11:59 AM, Lance-a-lot said:

I think that's the point, this isn't immediately after the events of Blazing Sword. It could be just a few years before Binding Blade

But Erik's portrait is still the same, isn't it? And there's no mention of Lilina yet Hector looks way older than he does at the end of Blazing.

• 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, SamP832 said:

your game is breathtaking but it's always crashing, in particular when a chest is open in raths tale and in ninos bonus story, any advice?

For Rath's tale, see my advice a few comments above (basically, ignore the chests and rush the level like crazy). I though Arch has fixed that bug?

For Nino's... That's the first time I hear of the tale at all. Must be a recent version thing (I didn't play EN in quite a while). Unless you mean Louise's Tale (the assassination attemp on Pent in Douglas' mansion).

no, man i'm running the most recent version, perhaps it just hasn't been finished? Looks like a recent edition so maybe i'll just check back if arch and the guys update the patch, and yeah i managedto kill off the thieves, thank naga for florina, thanks man

• 3 months later...

I'm playing this hack, and I enjoy this concept of tale!

In this hack, I think that the gameplay is great (lots of personal weapons, support bonus and conversation) and I love the difficulty (not simple and not impossible)

Karel's tale is awesome!

Moreover, I love the new portraits for existing characters, and new characters implemented.

Thank you for making this hack!

I doubt this will be seen, but I'm having some trouble playing EN. The patch seems to only work on a type of rom that has been deleted off the internet, at least as far as I can see. Is there any workaround to this?

Edited by LordlingCale
Just in case somebody misunderstands, I'm not trying to ask for a rom, since that's against the rules. I'm just asking if there's a way to make it work on other roms or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!

7 hours ago, LordlingCale said:

I doubt this will be seen, but I'm having some trouble playing EN. The patch seems to only work on a type of rom that has been deleted off the internet, at least as far as I can see. Is there any workaround to this?

It's not COMPLETELY deleted. I was able to find it and download it just now, and so can you. I won't tell you where I found it, but it very much can be found.

45 minutes ago, deranger2 said:

As long as you're using a clean US FE7 Rom, it should work. Mine was numbered 1235.

The problem is actually finding that rom, seeing as how NoA takes it down everywhere.