Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Karel turning Super Saiyan? :awesome:

Or Battosai [Rurouni Kenshin] since his character [both fe7 and fe6] has alot of parallels to Kenshin

Most people accept Elibian Nights as canon, therefore it has CANON.

Terrible.

I wouldn't mind seeing a chapter dedicated to bad shippings (AW battleships optional).

Ok, I've got an idea. It's not really on the 'wacky' side though.

[if the weapon weight is equal to the user's build (Const) they gain 2 attack speed]

This would put a premium on managing your weapons more, and potentially swing a difficult enemy/battle in your favor. Just a thought.

I was just playing through the other day, when something kinda bugged me. Why can't Serra start with a B in Light? The droppable Purge means she practically has to use all of the Shine tome to use Purge, and there aren't going to be many enemies left by the time you get over there. Just seems like kind of a waste to me.

I thought this was Dondon's thread. My bad, Mods please delete.

Done! I unapproved Deranger's as well so that no more people get confused . :p

Make an Assassin!Bows animation and I'll consider it. I'd rather have Rogues pick up bows, though, in all honesty. They need the combat utility more.

Anyways, I need some opinions. A batch of FE9 backgrounds was just ripped by VASM and they were resized and made usable for hacks. I'm considering mass importing them and using them in place of FE7's default set. Here are some examples, with the old graphic next to them.

Fort.pngoriginal-1.png

wc3.pngoriginal2.png

OldHouse.pngyesssssir.png

Thoughts?

Shall I throw my opinion in with the lot of you? Those PoR backgrounds look great! It's a nice change of scenery IMO.

And arch, did you just miss my suggestion or should I just shut up about it? I thought it was a good idea

Use the new backgrounds. Not only do they look better, but it's something different from all of the other hacks.

Till all of the other hacks put them in, too XD

Edit: Also, I'm not sure. I really like them but the portraits and stuff seem to match better with the old backgrounds. I like both :P

Edited by eJubs

New backgrounds are good, but they're not really perfect. The new castle background shitstomps the old background, but the town background in the second row of screenshots (the one with Serra) just seems really off model. It just doesn't really fit well the sprites on screen. The third background is less off model but there's still something a little "off" about it. I can't put my finger on it exactly.

Make an Assassin!Bows animation and I'll consider it. I'd rather have Rogues pick up bows, though, in all honesty. They need the combat utility more.

Can't sprite, sorry bro. Anyway people are playing FE hacks, you think they care about balance?

Edited by Tyrant Sage

New backgrounds are good, but they're not really perfect. The new castle background shitstomps the old background, but the town background in the second row of screenshots (the one with Serra) just seems really off model. It just doesn't really fit well the sprites on screen. The third background is less off model but there's still something a little "off" about it. I can't put my finger on it exactly.

Can't sprite, sorry bro. Anyway people are playing FE hacks, you think they care about balance?

They all do for some reason.

oh i just had a thought... The FE9 backgrounds DO go better with the sprites' colour schemes, what with more saturation and whatever that artsy term is for FE8's colors.

Edited by eJubs

I care about balance, yeah. It's important and stuff...

Anyways, I'm definitely looking at that village background differently after your comment. I had a different aspect ratio rigged up to see if people think it looks better. Obviously the biggest challenge in using these backgrounds is that they were designed to fit much taller sprites, so getting the "models" to jive is definitely key.

Village2.pngwc3.png

New on the left. Old on the right.

Thoughts?