Elibean Nights

Arch

Karel goes around killing everyone BECAUSE THEY'RE ZOMBIES. He's not crazy. You're crazy. Especially you, Ghost Nappa. He's just trying to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Karel solo with all the enemy sprites changed to zombies/bonewalkers, but their portraits are of regular people. In convos, they appear as regular people. Let the reader decide if Karel's crazy!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine the problem lies with your emulator, because it works fine on the gPSP... on my PSP.

Assuming that since the crashing is so preset and only happens with this single version of this very hack (out of the dozens I've played), it is clearly an incompatibility between the modified ROM and my version of the emulator, yes. But due to the uniform nature of the crashing it would probably be much easier to fix by Arch, instead of the person who compiled this build of gpSP for the Pandora.

I suppose I could contact Notaz as well, but I'd believe that there's little he can do, really - there probably aren't that many differences between the PSP version and this. I'd assume though, that all of the possible differences between the two were carefully chosen for good reasons, and it would be easier to just post here, since Arch probably would know more exactly what the problem might be.

Edited by Time to change my name :D

since Arch probably would know more exactly what the problem might be.

Hahahaha. I'm sorry. That made me laugh.

As a member of the team, I thought I'd mention that our highest priority would not be to fix the problems related to the emulators people use, especially one that he's probably never even heard of. He's given me other tasks to fulfill.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Figured as much - I'm the only player ever with this problem, and doing something which might have a chance to fix it is troublesome. Just asking didn't hurt anybody, though. :)

Erm, thanks anyway I guess.

E: It's not substantially very different from pretty much any low-end ARM computer with Linux kernels, I'd bet..?

Edited by Time to change my name :D

Also, I apologize if sounded a bit... mean there.

It's just that, as Cam said, there's really no way to see where the problem is when it comes to compatibility with this specific ROM and your emulator. Nor is it practical to do so if it's only specific to your hardware/software.

well

if this game works on actual hardware (via flashcart) then i'd say it's a problem with your emulator not emulating everything properly

if not, then it's potentially a problem for us

someone confirm/deny?

Ah, no needs to apologize from me - as a fellow hacker/programmer/whatever-general-tech-dude I understand that it's not feasible to try and use a lot of time to do something to this.

But I figured that since it's so specific to this hack and at the very certain point, you might know if there's some, er, radical change to the title menu or something which has never appeared in any other hack before which would obviously be the cause, and therefore fairly easy to get around.

well

if this game works on actual hardware (via flashcart) then i'd say it's a problem with your emulator not emulating everything properly

if not, then it's potentially a problem for us

someone confirm/deny?

It's never worked on my GBA flashcart :P It consistently glitches once it starts the Player Phase; someone mentioned that that might be a music issue or something, but Idk.

I find it especially odd because TLP/TU works fine on the flashcart and with the exception of maybe ZSE (Blazer once said he'd never really gotten around to using it), they've had the exact same programs used on them :/

Karel solo with all the enemy sprites changed to zombies/bonewalkers, but their portraits are of regular people. In convos, they appear as regular people. Let the reader decide if Karel's crazy!

THIS. THIS ALL THE WAY.

Ah, no needs to apologize from me - as a fellow hacker/programmer/whatever-general-tech-dude I understand that it's not feasible to try and use a lot of time to do something to this.

But I figured that since it's so specific to this hack and at the very certain point, you might know if there's some, er, radical change to the title menu or something which has never appeared in any other hack before which would obviously be the cause, and therefore fairly easy to get around.

There's not really a "radical" change, however we enabled graphical pieces from the Japanese version in order to modify it. Does Dream of Five also cause this glitch? If so, I think we've found our issue.

EDIT: I just realized that the public version of Do5 isn't using that hack...

Edited by Arch

I assume you mean the gaiden tales, right? The other tales just unlock by having beaten every tale currently available on the tale select screen.

[spoiler=Unlocks]Tale 1x: I think it's automatic due to a programming error. Anyone have a suggestion for a condition? lol

Tale 2x: You need to have Prasad talk to Lyn, and have Prasad fight Khitan at some point in the chapter.

Tale 4x: Have Renault wait on this tile, a special scene will play (I should probably make this more obvious).

hint2.png

Edited by Arch

I assume you mean the gaiden tales, right? The other tales just unlock by having beaten every tale currently available on the tale select screen.

[spoiler=Unlocks]Tale 1x: I think it's automatic due to a programming error. Anyone have a suggestion for a condition? lol

Tale 2x: You need to have Prasad talk to Lyn, and have Prasad fight Khitan at some point in the chapter.

Tale 4x: Have Renault wait on this tile, a special scene will play (I should probably make this more obvious).

hint2.png

[spoiler=Unlocks] so Raven's tale isn't available yet? I remember playing it in the older versions but accidentally erased my saves. I was able to unlock it by finishing the other tales casually but now I have no idea how to do so.

Any of the achievements from tales that you can't yet reach :P:. They're arranged in order of their unlock chapter, so any of them up to Jaffar's should be attainable. If you can't unlock one, report it so I can fix things up.

Those three on the bottom row are a glitch. I'll have to write up a quick fix for that. Otherwise, everything looks intact. Siglud's isn't attainable, I forgot about that. Otherwise, all you have left to get is Damas'.

Trororo worked properly on a tale that exists, though. Doesn't seem glitched to me. o-o

Although on that note, if you play "Poisoned by Madness" consecutively, characters that died the last time you played it won't show up (or at least, such is the case with Bartre and Karla).

Speaking of plotholes, [spoiler= Renault related]is Kishuna still Renaults old pal in this?

No, I haven't played the new version The Renault Kishuna issue isn't really a plot hole, I guess, but Renault talks to Nergal about his Morph-friend being a shell, while Nergal specifically mentions Kishuna having emotions, so I don't think they're bros.

I also think Renault would've been mentioned in Kishunas flashbacks if he were.

I guess that should be in spoilers...

I could be remembering FE7 wrong.

It isn't a big deal, really. And it technically is all speculation.

You've discussed this before, somewhere, I bet :x knowing my luck...

Edited by L95