FEditor Animations V2

fuzz94

Yeah I got sick of the lack of freedom for the wyverns, and that damn skin color shade in the middle of the leather/armor of the rogue, so I figured it was time to stop being lazy and edit it. So you're very welcome! :)

Yeah these are awesome! I hate the lack of freedom too. I love your neimi archer sprite too, I much prefer it over the default female archer. Good work ;D

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably not the right place to ask, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

http://www.feplanet.net/sprites-archive-battle-animations/8/521

On this page, there are a lot of animations which seem to have been ripped from the GBA games. (with accurate positioning and all!)

Now, these animations have been very useful to me, but some animations are not available there, and I would also like to use some custom animations from this thread in a similar way. My question is - does anyone know how a similar thing can be done? How can you export an animation from one of the GBA games as a gif or as a strip of frames? The custom animations here come as a bunch of tiles compacted for efficiency, so piecing them together would take ages, let alone positioning them and stuff. I am prepared to use hacking tools if necessary. (it probably is.) I already know how to insert the animations in FEditor.

This is probably not the right place to ask, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

http://www.feplanet.net/sprites-archive-battle-animations/8/521

On this page, there are a lot of animations which seem to have been ripped from the GBA games. (with accurate positioning and all!)

Now, these animations have been very useful to me, but some animations are not available there, and I would also like to use some custom animations from this thread in a similar way. My question is - does anyone know how a similar thing can be done? How can you export an animation from one of the GBA games as a gif or as a strip of frames? The custom animations here come as a bunch of tiles compacted for efficiency, so piecing them together would take ages, let alone positioning them and stuff. I am prepared to use hacking tools if necessary. (it probably is.) I already know how to insert the animations in FEditor.

Do this in the newest version of FEditor:

H7D9tYK.png

It dumps the animation package and frames (as individual images) in a folder. "Dump all" dumps literally every animation in the game, so be wary of using that option.

Funny because I PMed Alusq for that exact reason. It apparently is somewhere in the FEU FEditor thread, but not in the first post, so it's very misleading.
He was so kind to link it for me, so here it is for everyone who's wondering the same;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi2tsbbxy8ny6n6/FEditor%20Adv%20-%20Render%20&%20Animation%20Overhaul.zip

He also warned me that there can be conflicts between using this and the normal versions on the same rom, so it is advised to use seperate roms to dump things with this special edition so you can't bork up your rom.

Edited by Feaw

Thank Tempmael; he's the one responsible for that version of FEditor. And oh what a useful tool it is~

The thing is just don't mix versions of FEditor, so if you have a project that you've been using an older one on, keep using the older one, but if you make a new project I think you'd be fine using the new one on it with no problems.

I fixed Neimi, Wyvern Lord and Wyvern Knight a little, just a few random pixels that weren't the right colors here and there. Same links as before, make sure to redownload if you downloaded the older ones. ^^

Although I have noticed that the "Rip Frames" option does some weird things with the modes. Mode 1 is flawless, which is pretty amazing, but for some animations, the crit frames do not seem to rip; and usually, it seems that the given script is dysfunctional (empty modes).

It's still a great help for, say, 70% of the animation (gotta remake the scripts), but a shame about the weird behavior with crits on certain animations. As far as I can tell, however, all the original animations work fine as far as frames go.

Although I have noticed that the "Rip Frames" option does some weird things with the modes. Mode 1 is flawless, which is pretty amazing, but for some animations, the crit frames do not seem to rip; and usually, it seems that the given script is dysfunctional (empty modes).

It's still a great help for, say, 70% of the animation (gotta remake the scripts), but a shame about the weird behavior with crits on certain animations. As far as I can tell, however, all the original animations work fine as far as frames go.

The script problem is because it rips all the modes. Deleting modes 2 and 4 from the script it spits out will make it work fine.

As for the other problem, it's probably some of the effects that the game does, like cape flaps on magic units and thrown swords and shields on mercs and heroes. Probably.

This tool is All I ever needed. Now Riping animations is a lot easyer. Also can I with this tool Rip Spell animations that way or I still have to do that by hand? Like I want to rip Excalibur from it. Is it possible to rip them out with FEditor Advance or is there such feature planned? I really need to know that...

Also can I with this tool Rip Spell animations that way or I still have to do that by hand? Like I want to rip Excalibur from it. Is it possible to rip them out with FEditor Advance or is there such feature planned? I really need to know that...

No, spell animations still have to be done by hand. Original spell animations don't have a set way of being stored, so every one would have to be individually coded for (at least as far as I know).

It's in my FE7CM hack. Nobody remembered to release a package for it. Feel free to rip it from there. I'd do it myself right now but I'm a bit busy doing some other stuff.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=49023

And if you want, that really cool Eliwood-looking magic lord near the end of the animation array, as well as the female variant, and the matriarch/patriach are free to use. I just... have to release them eventually.

The map sprites are in there... somewhere... too.

Edited by Klokinator

Not that I know of, and I have a massive dropbox filled with what I believe is every known animation in the fandom. Anytime I see a new one I add it.

Oh yeah, for any of you that got to play eCut's hack before she quit on it, can you resend it to me? I had it on my old pc back when I LPed it but then I lost it when I bought a new one. Would love to play it over from the beginning. (I have her permission for this too) and also to get her female brigand/etc animations.

Proof: http://gyazo.com/55038aada06d21f8a423eadafebae9fb

Would you be willing to share the contents of that drop box? o:

The OP was edited last year, and there's a lot of new animation packages that came in. Should we consider making a new thread? Did Fuzz bail or something?

The OP was edited last year, and there's a lot of new animation packages that came in. Should we consider making a new thread? Did Fuzz bail or something?

Yeah I've been thinking about that, we need a new one so Fuzz isn't pressured, and so that someone who's active can manage it. Go ahead Ghast!

It's in my FE7CM hack. Nobody remembered to release a package for it. Feel free to rip it from there. I'd do it myself right now but I'm a bit busy doing some other stuff.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=49023

And if you want, that really cool Eliwood-looking magic lord near the end of the animation array, as well as the female variant, and the matriarch/patriach are free to use. I just... have to release them eventually.

The map sprites are in there... somewhere... too.

Those are very cool!

Do you have the script and frames of that Eliwood Sage (female)?

It's not compatible with FE8 and I wanted to twist it a bit, with your permission.