Ana's Updated Sprites

Anacybele

Oh, and to be honest, I really don't like people messing with my mugs, even if it's just for references.

> Gets artist who knows what they're doing to make a reference for you so you can improve.

> "I don't like you messing with my stuff"

There's that attitude that caused the shitstorm in this thread previously showing up again.

Cape looks fine, but now the headband looks really weird. In fact, I couldn't even tell it WAS a headband at first.

I also don't think he looks 17 anymore. Again, he looks 15 in your version.

Also, what's with the random blobs of shading on the collar?

You're the one posting criticism on a mug... in your own thread. On a mug that he messed with just a LITTLE bit for you to reference.

I think there's something seriously wrong here.

Thanks, but no thanks. Also, I had no intention of messing with this mug any further anyway. At least not right now.

Then why post the mug? If you post a mug, you WILL get criticism. It's the way it is in the spriting forum.

So your saying your intention was "Oh, appreciate my mug."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's that attitude that caused the shitstorm in this thread previously showing up again.

Then why post the mug? If you post a mug, you WILL get criticism. It's the way it is in the spriting forum.

So your saying your intention was "Oh, appreciate my mug."

Are you TRYING to stalk and attack me? Because you're sure doing a good job of it.

And no, that was not my intention. I had accepted critique for the mug when HoneyBADGER posted an EARLIER reference and I had used it to make changes. I just don't feel like making anymore changes right now. That doesn't mean I won't eventually make more. If you read the thread, you would know this.

Now leave me the fuck alone.

Edited by Anacybele

You heard her, guys. Leave her alone. She don't want yo' comments, she don't want yo' critique; she just want you to leave her da fuck alooooone~ MASS BOYCOTT OF TOPIC.

That is not what I said. Don't twist my words, please. I said Shadowofchaos needs to leave me alone, not the rest of you. No one else is attacking me in here. You all are just fine.

Edited by Anacybele

You all are just fine.

Oh, good, an approved invitation! Just what I was waiting for. Now you've no room to get upset.

I'd just like to say that your art ethic is nothing short of childish. You're stubborn and self-absorbed, and you'd really rather sit on the rotting laurels of your supposed "expertise" and "experience" than try improving. Don't say you've been generous just because you've taken some of the critique into "consideration," because that's still no excuse or explanation for your behavior. What really makes me wonder is why people continue to offer their critique while you continue to brush them off. These members are truly the saints of SF, and I can only give them my respect when they try their hardest to tame your implacable obstinancy.

That aside, there's really nothing left to comment on, sprite-wise. You're not interested in fixing your recent works, and anything that is offered is immediately sloughed aside, anyway. You basically set your booth up, then shut it down immediately afterward. How is anyone supposed to buy a thing when the shop sign says "CLOSED" all the time? Open up, darling. It's less painful than you think, not to mention everyone here is doing this for your benefit, out of the kindness of their hearts. As I'm sure we've said before, if you don't want critique, just say it. The rest of our motely memberbase would be more than happy to play the sycophant for you.

Critique isn't an attack. Pointing our your flaws isn't an attack. It's a constructive comment that's meant to better your work, or you as a person. Grow up, my dear. I think it's high time you left your personal teenage bubble behind and entered the real world.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Oh, good, an approved invitation! Just what I was waiting for. Now you've no room to get upset.

I'd just like to say that your art ethic is nothing short of childish. You're stubborn and self-absorbed, and you'd really rather sit on the rotting laurels of your supposed "expertise" and "experience" than try improving. Don't say you've been generous just because you've taken some of the critique into "consideration," because that's still no excuse or explanation for your behavior. What really makes me wonder is why people continue to offer their critique while you continue to brush them off. These members are truly the saints of SF, and I can only give them my respect when they try their hardest to tame your implacable obstinancy.

That aside, there's really nothing left to comment on, sprite-wise. You're not interested in fixing your recent works, and anything that is offered is immediately sloughed aside, anyway. You basically set your booth up, then shut it down immediately afterward. How is anyone supposed to buy a thing when the shop sign says "CLOSED" all the time? Open up, darling. It's less painful than you think, not to mention everyone here is doing this for your benefit, out of the kindness of their hearts. As I'm sure we've said before, if you don't want critique, just say it. The rest of our motely memberbase would be more than happy to play the sycophant for you.

Critique isn't an attack. Pointing our your flaws isn't an attack. It's a constructive comment that's meant to better your work, or you as a person. Grow up, my dear. I think it's high time you left your personal teenage bubble behind and entered the real world.

So saying "I'm sorry, but I don't feel like working on this mug further right now" is stubborn, self-absorbed, and assuming I'm being attacked and saying I don't want any critique whatsoever. Yeah, I fail to see how. I never said I wouldn't work on it again in the future.

Also, I don't "take critique into consideration." I use it. Like I've been doing throughout this whole thread.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe for maps, but you shrug off whatever the better spriters have to say.

How so? When you said "improve Kiara's collarbone," I did. When Florina said some of her shading looked pillowy, I improved it. When HoneyBADGER gave me that reference for the Kael mug, I used it to make some changes he suggested. When people pointed out the issue with the colors on the Jerec mug, I said I'd use the colors Freohr suggested (granted, I haven't changed that mug yet, but I've been too lazy to. I will get to it eventually. In fact, I think I'll get that out of the way now).

Edited by Anacybele

So saying "I'm sorry, but I don't feel like working on this mug further right now" is stubborn, self-absorbed, and assuming I'm being attacked and saying I don't want any critique whatsoever. Yeah, I fail to see how. I never said I wouldn't work on it again in the future.

Yeah, that isn't what she said. Your general attitude is "well i made this, so it's fine, don't tell me what I can do to improve it because I just don't want to." And you do always assume critique is an attack. If it was an attack, it would sound like an attack, something along the lines of "HEY YOU ANABYTYRCHJK PERSON YOU SUCK THAT MUG IS TERRIBLE I COULD SHADE THAT BETTER IF I WAS MISSING AN ARM AND WAS RIDING A HORSE WITH 5 LEGS AND IS BLINDFOLDED AND IT'S LEGS WERE TIED TOGETHER AND" you get the point. And if you "don't feel like working on the mug further", why did you post the mug to get critique on it?

Yeah, that isn't what she said. Your general attitude is "well i made this, so it's fine, don't tell me what I can do to improve it because I just don't want to." And you do always assume critique is an attack. If it was an attack, it would sound like an attack, something along the lines of "HEY YOU ANABYTYRCHJK PERSON YOU SUCK THAT MUG IS TERRIBLE I COULD SHADE THAT BETTER IF I WAS MISSING AN ARM AND WAS RIDING A HORSE WITH 5 LEGS AND IS BLINDFOLDED AND IT'S LEGS WERE TIED TOGETHER AND" you get the point.

I'm just not going to comment here, because I know I don't act like this.

And if you "don't feel like working on the mug further", why did you post the mug to get critique on it?

Because I WAS working on it when HoneyBADGER gave me the FIRST reference for it. I just switched to other projects after.

Edited by Anacybele

How so? When you said "improve Kiara's collarbone," I did. When Florina said some of her shading looked pillowy, I improved it. When HoneyBADGER gave me that reference for the Kael mug, I used it to make some changes he suggested. When people pointed out the issue with the colors on the Jerec mug, I said I'd use the colors Freohr suggested (granted, I haven't changed that mug yet, but I've been too lazy to. I will get to it eventually. In fact, I think I'll get that out of the way now).

Also, I never said I would listen to absolutely every little piece of advice I was given. I could've been less hostile in that post, though, I guess.

Edited by Anacybele

Everybody chill the fuck out! I got this.

I think people need to just, like, be chill. Sprite stuff, enjoy yourself, and create something that you're proud of. Push the limits of your creativity, put yourself out there, and then listen to the people who comment; they're just trying to help, more often than not. I don't know of anyone who takes particular glee in tearing peoples' works apart. Be responsive to critique. Foster an environment of growth, rather than encouraging bickering over art. Enjoy your craft, listen to feedback, grow your talents (that goes for all of the arts around here).

No, I didn't just blatantly copy/paste/slightly edit my post from "The Concept of Fanfiction" topic...

P.S. This also applies to the critiquers. Don't be raging asshats, foster an environment of growth and communication.

Edited by Arch

Yeah, you're right. I'm really trying my best to keep things civil in here and I'll keep trying.

And for future reference, I'm going to work on that Boyd mug I made awhile back next time I feel like doing some sprite work. I'll look back on the critique I was previously given for it as well.

Okay, I'm going to post my latest comic here:

dod_comic__ike_is_found_by_great_aether-d5ebj1n.png

But I'm not looking for comments on how enjoyable or boring it is or whatever. I'm NOT looking for comments on any of the mugs either. My Ranulf and Elincia mugs are old and not good representations of my current skill, plus I've used them for a ton of things already, so yeah.

I'm looking for feedback on my battle scenes, pretty much. Including the Ranulf sprite, Elincia attack sprite (that Elincia stationary sprite is old as well and I know it could look better. For example, that swordless arm is too straight and stiff. I don't know what the hell I was thinking there), the Claw icon, my Amiti icon, etc. Also, note that I pretty much took educated guesses on those stat numbers. I have no clue how to calculate them, so yeah. xP (just for reference though, the boss is lv. 15 or 16, Ranulf is lv. 14, and Elincia is lv. 2 Swordmaster)

I also slightly altered the battle map so it would work with this scene (swapped the locations of a hill and forest tile and added another hill so the boss still blocks the only path towards Ike. Ranulf and Elincia are not supposed to be able to get to him unless the boss is defeated). Oh, and random name for the boss is random. lolol

Also, I can provide a tutorial for doing the stretched numbers, if people so desire. It's really quite simple to make them, and doesn't require redrawing the numbers at all.

Oh, also, I did not make the overworld Cat sprite. A friend of mine from DA did and gave me permission to use it. I did slightly alter its palette though, to match that of the other ally overworld sprites.

Edited by Anacybele

Not bad! i know yer not wanting mug comments but dem colors need to be tweaked big time.

Icons: they look fine for the most part, but the Claw icon needs to be smoothed out. It looks kinda caddywompus. Its also little pillowy on the right side edges. The claw 'nails' are kinda crooked too. But overall, a good shot. That'll be an easy fix.

Amiti looks fine to me. Im not a big icon spriter, but yeah.

Battle Sprites: Thats where im a viking! You already know whats up with that Elincia sprite. O_o The fix looks better by miles. Her striking sprite looks ok too.

Something is bugging me about Ranulf's battle sprite, but i cannot seem to put my finger on it.

Mug Placement: I recommend moving Ranulf's mug back some. He looks like he's getting a bit frisky with Elincia, there. lol Yeah, the mugs can overlap, of course, but maybe moving him a couple of pixels back will look more natural.

:):

Ah, thanks for the advice, Florina. It's rather late here to make anymore changes now, though.

On a somewhat different topic, just cause I've been kinda bored lately, I'm going to make that tutorial on stretched HP count numbers I mentioned earlier. :P:

*sigh* No its not too late to make changes to that. Learn to save junk like that before you piece it together. That way, if you fuck up, you can just put it together again with no problems. I did that a lot with my Harry Potter comic things.

Anyway, you were asking for comments on the battle junk. If you arent arsed to change the stuff that needs work, then umm...why bother asking.

*sigh* No its not too late to make changes to that. Learn to save junk like that before you piece it together. That way, if you fuck up, you can just put it together again with no problems. I did that a lot with my Harry Potter comic things.

Layers are quite useful to save to an image project file before exporting to an actual image format. It only takes a few extra kilo/megabytes.

Even though this is in the realm of hacking:

FEditorMugModel_Conversational_Positions.png

The typical configuration for positions of people in a conversation are only slightly overlapping each other with Near and Far combos when people are on the same half of a screen. "Regular" position makes them overlap each other in an awkward looking fashion. Keep that in mind when image editing mugs together on a screen.

Stillnomugreplacements.png

Ranulf looks like he's umm... umm... "stealing her wallet"... yeah that's it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

:facepalm:

I meant too late at NIGHT. I'm getting tired as hell. God damn it, people. You've been lecturing me too much.

And for the record, I saved the comic as a psd file in GIMP, which means there's a bunch of layers, so I can easily change just about anything on it.