Ana's Updated Sprites

Anacybele

It IS just about sprites. I added the quote just for kicks. I'm not looking for any feedback on it. Just the mug.

God, you people think you have to critique every little thing in every thread around here. But this section is about SPRITES. Not writing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine. Whatever. I'll delete the stupid quote.

Keep calm, Ana. No one was attacking you personally. Remember to take everything on the internet with a grain of salt. :)

Also, when you post something, you are automatically opening yourself up to critique, even if you don't want it.

Everyone else, if Ana does not want critique on something, you need to respect that. Although you might not agree with it, you still need to respect it.

(Ana: if you don't want something critiqued then you should say so when you post something, etc.)

Edited by Wicked Witch of the East

Huh? I don't understand. o_O

You tend to say "only critique the thing I just posted and nothing else" and I said you post new things quite often so that everything you put on here will never get improved by much in the end because you toss everything else aside and won't let us help you fix them. =[

Well, I get bored working on the same sprites or whatever over and over. Doesn't mean I won't eventually go back to old stuff. Like just now I decided to go back to the Kael mug.

Also, wouldn't you be annoyed if you posted an improved version of a mug looking for more critique on it, then someone goes and leaves critique on some other sprite you posted some pages back instead?

Wicked Witch of the East: Alright, I understand. Will do.

Edited by Anacybele

Also, wouldn't you be annoyed if you posted an improved version of a mug looking for more critique on it, then someone goes and leaves critique on some other sprite you posted some pages back instead?

No because everything that's not perfect or good enough needs to be crit'd and improved until it is good. At least, that should be your aim, but apparently it isn't~

Well, I get bored working on the same sprites or whatever over and over. Doesn't mean I won't eventually go back to old stuff. Like just now I decided to go back to the Kael mug.

Then don't deny it! Just keep it in mind if/when you get back to it! You just sound kinda irritable when you tell people to leave your previous pieces alone...

No, not really... Any help is good so I don't get annoyed by it... People will give critique on what you just posted as well so it's not like it'll get completely ignored. They haven't been yet.

No because everything that's not perfect or good enough needs to be crit'd and improved until it is good. At least, that should be your aim, but apparently it isn't~

No, it is my aim. I just want critique on stuff that I'm actually working on at the moment. Not stuff I've temporarily set aside.

No, it is my aim. I just want critique on stuff that I'm actually working on at the moment. Not stuff I've temporarily set aside.

I think the proper way to respond to posts critiquing your earlier work that you're not working on is to simply not respond at all and make a mental note of it if you ever want to come back to it. Or respond with "I will consider that when I work on this piece again." The thread's not going anywhere, so you can always look back at old critique. If you did this, I can promise you that you would be getting much better reception.

Remember what? The critique? It depends on what it is. If it's something short and sweet, then no. If it's a long post of flaws, then yeah, that'll be hard to remember. xP

i made one point using one sentence ;/

I did put that sprite in the OP, you know. xP

Anyway, what you're saying is odd because piss isn't very dark lol. Plus, that color came off of Hector and someone suggested earlier in this thread that I use his hair color.

Edited by Anacybele

They are literally the exact same colour, Boney.

I think something's wrong with his monitor XD Especially since he said the second hair shade was too dark. In my eyes it looks too bright while the third shade is too dark.

The best way to solve the problem would be to do some reshading so the darkest tone is used more.To balance the shades.

I don't really like hectors hair color, though...

Neither do I~

One problem though is the style the shading is used in either sprite. Hector has very little of the lightest shade and thicker shading with the second shade. In Ana's mug though, it has much more of the lightest compared to Hector's. That's probably why they don't look right.

As for the third, it kinda looks like it ruins the appearance of the shape of the headband... like it cuts into/over the headband instead of remaining behind it. But it is probably just from it being used as the outline. But besides that, the third shade was already pretty dark, compared to the other shades, to begin with x3

And whoever suggested Hector probably didn't know what it would look like when added to your mug so they might've not known that it wouldn't look right.

It might be easier for you to tell like this too though, so just in case...

17RTE.png

The first shade looks kinda lowly saturated... But I guess it's mostly just light XD Next shade looks much brighter and is hardly that much darker, so it just looks kinda off. But then compared to that second and first shade (with both of them being so light looking), look how much darker the third one is.

I just never thought they looked right...

Edited by Freohr Datia