Um, hey, I've always wanted to make an FE hack

Junkhead

I've always wanted to make an FE hack, but I'm not good at anything. I can only do something as basic as handling the Nightmare editor, modifying unit stats and some animations, and that's about it.

What I have in mind would require spriters, at least. I'd also like help with the script, since I'm not very creative myself.

I want to make a hack where Nolan, Makalulz, Oliver and Danved are the Lords. :E

I'd add in new clases as well, and I plan to combine this with a difficulty hack I had in mind (it's not exactly as creative's as dondon's hack, but it won't be as easy as other hacks tend to be. Keep in mind I won't be making enemies super buff so they 2HKO you while you 5HKO them, but something balanced, similiar to FE10).

Well... So you're trying to recruit help here? >_>;

Translation of Cam's post: Not much to say as people really won't be motivated to help you out unless:

A) You're putting in the effort yourself. As in you're messing with stuff on your own and putting in the effort and showing us progress with it. Graphics help generally comes last in this case.

B) You... as much as I hate to say it... pay for said help.

Edit: Dang. Ninja'd. :ph34r:

Edited by shadowofchaos

It certainly does. I remember a few months back I learned and tried-out a few things day by day.

Hacking is something I got on and off from time to time. I'd need more dedication. But I also need some help to be inspired this could actually go somewhere else other than my imagination.

Just don't push yourself. If you start comparing yourself to the hacks with heavy ambitions, you'll tire yourself out before any progress is made.

Just work on it bit by bit and then come to us for help... we don't bite... very hard. Just ask Cam. XD

Thank you.

I used to put in custom clases into FE7 for fun, like Great Knight, Wyern Knight, Sword!Peggies, Sword!General. I did fun things like making Sain a Great Knight and Kent and Lowen into two different kinds of Paladins.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... Well, you're in luck. I think I know someone who would be willing to help you with the hacking stuff. His name is Bladehero22. He doesn't know everything, but he knows enough to get you started.

Maybe HE'LL help you. If you can find his Skype address that is...

Make sure you've got plenty of time, and you should do most of the beginning work on your own, and maybe you can recruit competent people over time. I know just editing some palettes today took me a couple hours.

Mario, don't you know ASM is an evil word?

Edited by Sai

Maybe HE'LL help you. If you can find his Skype address that is...

Having him make the effort to get your Skype when you haven't helped anyone on the forums yet in the ROM hacking section makes people doubt your ability. Having that kind of a tone makes you sound "if you are worthy to receive my help.

Soul hasn't done anything. If he posts what he's done, we'll help him refine it. For now, we're all beating a dead horse. The only thing you're doing is making this worse when you revived this when Soul hasn't been here with this idea.

Edited by eCut

Having him make the effort to get your Skype when you haven't helped anyone on the forums yet in the ROM hacking section makes people doubt your ability. Having that kind of a tone makes you sound "if you are worthy to receive my help.

Soul hasn't done anything. If he posts what he's done, we'll help him refine it. For now, we're all beating a dead horse. The only thing you're doing is making this worse when you revived this when Soul hasn't been here with this idea.

I was just trying to make it sound dramatic. If it came off as douchey, then I apologize if you took it that way.

But I'm here to let Soul know that I can help him too.

Poor newbie, everyone jumps down his throat like always.

Check out the Romhacking Ultimate Tutorial and the FEXP Ultimate Tutorial[WIP].

Edit: Dammit my links are broken because I'm using a proxy >.>

Romhacking tutorial

www.feshrine.net/ultimatetutorial/

FEXP Tutorial

http://www.klokreations.net/t422-input-for-fexp-ultimate-tutorial

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34874

Edited by Klokitty