[RAGEFEST 3] The Corruption of Roy by MarkyJoe1990

MarkyJoe1990

The Corruption of Roy - Version 1.3c

[spoiler=Screenshots:]Beginning.PNGHugearmy.PNG

estmage.PNGgasp.PNG

ironswordx.PNGlol.PNG

The hack takes place one year after the events of Fire Emblem 6: The Sealed Sword, and focuses on Roy's wife, Sophia (One of the six possible pairings for Roy) who finds herself unconscious in a cell. Moments later, the familiar thief Cath shows up, releases her from her cell and tells her that Roy has invaded Ostia and imprisoned it's people. Skeptical, Sophia follows Cath around to free the prisoners and see the truth for herself.

This is my submission to Ragefest 3. It is hard. Extremely hard. possibly one of the hardest hacks ever submitted to the contest, both in it's levels of unfair bullshit, and in genuine challenge. If you lack a stubborn mind, you will not get far. For those of you who are stubborn, be careful: I've play tested this over 100 times to ensure that every moment is unpleasant. No moment of reprise will be given to you. Every mistake will be met with severe consequences. You might even get yourself into an impossible situation. If you feel exhausted, start to hallucinate, or develop a strong urge to murder me, consider taking a break.

If the pain becomes too much, the folder containing the patch also contains a walkthrough to help ease the suffering.

Although this hack was submitted to Ragefest, it's story is fairly serious. There are moments of humor, but they are mostly out of context with the story.

Future Plans:

The following list isn't finalized. Not everything on it is guarenteed to make it into the next update of the patch, if I even make an update.

- Add more humor

- Remove all glitches

- Improve level design of the second half

- Improve dialogue so it feels less stilted

- Finish the special prize earned at the end of the submission

- Make a "Non-Ragefest" version that removes all trial & error

- Make a video of this hack, with commentary

- Remove story plot holes

- Improve the ending

- Add more recruitment dialogues

- Extra Mode: Essentially the same chapter, story-wise, but with an entirely new map, enemies are much stronger and have different placements, and all of your characters' stats from the previous playthrough will carry over. You will also be able to promote your units.

Current Glitches/Things that need fixing:

- Resetting the emulator or turning it off resets certain event IDs. This is less problematic since version 1.3

- A certain chest in part 2, if opened by a thief, gives the same result as if opened by a player. Not so much a glitch as something I overlooked.

- Most likely a flaw of the engine: Spawn points, if blocked by an enemy, will still spawn an enemy if the spawn point is out of the player's vision.

Credits:

Cedar Nyx - For Shigeid's Portrait and for feedback and playtesting

Ephraim225 - For feedback and playtesting.

Obviam - For the FEditor Adv Tool and his Fire Emblem hacking documents

Nintenlord - For the Event Assembler, Tiled Map Inserter, and Graphics Editor Tools

Archibald - For making Elibean Nights, which was somewhat of an inspiration for this hack

Fire Emblem Hacking Community - For compilating together and creating Nightmare and it's modules

Nintendo & Intelligent Systems - For making the Fire Emblem series

Various other people - for the Advanced Palette Editor and Sappy program

Sophia from Fire Emblem 6 - For being damn hot and being one of the more interesting characters in the game

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Well, after the rage i've felt from fe4 AND 6 (not going ANYWHERE near 5 until i have regained the sanity lost), let us see what this little thing is going to have.

To give you some perspective, part 2 of the submission is about on par with chapter 7 hard mode of FE6. Are you sure you want to relive that trauma?

Congratulations on catering to the masses desire to kill Roy.

Correction. I'm catering to the masses who are willing to put themselves through bullshit level design and extremely difficult unit formations just to kill Roy. :P

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Correction. I'm catering to the masses who are willing to put themselves through bullshit level design and extremely difficult unit formations just to kill Roy. :P

I never said you made it easy for them. Killing Roy is a privilege that must be earned. ;)

I never said you made it easy for them. Killing Roy is a privilege that must be earned. ;)

Y'know what? Maybe instead of giving players the opportunity to kill Roy, I should've made a hack where you kill Lyn or Micaiah.

My hack would be so popular, no matter how hard. =X

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Y'know what? Maybe instead of giving players the opportunity to kill Roy, I should've made a hack where you kill Lyn or Micaiah.

My hack would be so popular, no matter how hard. =X

Inner Lyn Fan: Wouldn't it be better to just transplant a personality rather than kill her for the sake of some "mary sue" haters?

Inner Lyn Fan: Wouldn't it be better to just transplant a personality rather than kill her for the sake of some "mary sue" haters?

Transplanting doesn't exist in Fire Emblem games. It would ruin people's willing suspension of belief if such a thing were used.

Course I could always try and make the game as unserious as it could be.

Transplanting doesn't exist in Fire Emblem games. It would ruin people's willing suspension of belief if such a thing were used.

Course I could always try and make the game as unserious as it could be.

Fire Mumblem 2 Electric Boogaloo

Looks interesting, I'll have to give this a go.

If you don't like frustratingly difficult, it will most likely not be your thing. I don't kid around when I say this hack is intentionally annoying as balls.

This s*** was evil... i loved it.

what was that about a password? what's it for, it said look at some info i couldn't find.

still awesome though.

If you read the readme, it explains what that password is for.

Should be under the section "Special Prize".

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

thats not gonna go well...

Still, it would be fun to test how hard is this hack actually xD

(And if not finished, I just hope the other version xD)

Edited by Troykv

If you don't like frustratingly difficult, it will most likely not be your thing. I don't kid around when I say this hack is intentionally annoying as balls.

I'm used to frustratingly difficult and i'm quite stubborn as well =P I WILL WIN... EVENTUALLY