Best General.

Which General?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. :O

• Gatrie
    • Brom
    • Tauroneo

Low speed isn't much of an issue thanks to the Knight Ward.

I still think Brom is the best General in this game.

I still don't see the reason why people would use Brom, since he comes at a much lower level than Gatrie does, and his stats kinda make him a bit hard to raise at first. Plus, it's not like it's going to get easier from then on.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A much lower level? I don't know about anyone else, but I've only ever gotten Gatrie to level 11 before he leaves the team. Three more levels isn't my idea of a big lead.

Edited by Gustave

I like Gatrie the most of the lot... RD only solidifies that opinion also. Though in PoR I dont use generals very much. Dragonknights pretty much out do them most of the time lately.

A much lower level? I don't know about anyone else, but I've only ever gotten Gatrie to level 11 before he leaves the team. Three more levels isn't my idea of a big lead.

I've gotten Gatrie to general. o-O But that was normal mode, I think. In any case, rather than giving Brom that experience, I'd rather give it to Nephenee and Keiran. Both are rather good/very good characters.

Edited by Eltoshen

I've gotten Gatrie to general. o-O But that was normal mode, I think. In any case, rather than giving Brom that experience, I'd rather give it to Nephenee and Keiran. Both are rather good/very good characters.

That's crazy. You must've used him a lot. The highest I've gotten Gatrie is level 13, maybe 14, on normal mode.

My worst Gatrie moment was on my last playthrough. I wanted him to kill the boss of chapter 28 with the Brave Lance (cause he was the lowest member on my team). The boss used Bolting on Gatrie and doubled/killed him. Gatrie is so much better in RD.

Edited by KSFF2150

Gatrie. Brom is a pain in the ass to train, Tauroneo is useful mostly because of the Occult scroll he carries and not much else if Gatrie's already at that level, and he doesn't father Meg.

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

Gatrie because he tend to have more luck than brom (And beside, Gatrie and Brom have the same spd growth in PoR, altough Brom start with 2 more point). And I don't use Tauroneo because he have a totally scrap defence (22 def at level 14 general, :blink::blink::blink::blink: )

Tauroneo's defense may not be super high, but he can still take a hit very well. I recall him taking little damage from both weapons and magic last time I played.

Gatrie because I remember Tauroneo being doubled on easy mode.

I've never used brom but Gatrie had a lot of no damage attacks on him on normal mode.

Edited by luigi bros

Doubled in easy mode? I used Tauroneo in hard mode not that long ago, and I don't recall him ever getting double, except by swordmasters.

Doubled in easy mode? I used Tauroneo in hard mode not that long ago, and I don't recall him ever getting double, except by swordmasters.

I don't know how it was a while ago but I think he was equipped with a silver blade in chapter 26 clash! are there enemy swordmasters there?

I voted for Tauro.

I never have any use for Gatrie at all after he leaves the party, except in the boat level where I just have him stand at the capture space the entire time.

Gatrie uses up experience that could be used on someone who is more useful than him, which is most of the early cast. Ike, Soren, Boyd, Oscar, Kieran, Nephenee, Astrid, Zihark, and maybe Jill.... there is no experience for Gatrie at all.

I usually put Tauroneo in my party once you get him just incase I need a spare tank, but I rarely have a need for him anyway. All of the generals are pretty much obsolete after the first half (and their job can usually be done by a Palidan just as well.... or better.)

I don't know how it was a while ago but I think he was equipped with a silver blade in chapter 26 clash! are there enemy swordmasters there?
Yeah, three pretty early on, I think. At least, in Normal. >__>
And I don't use Tauroneo because he have a totally scrap defence (22 def at level 14 general
While it is disappointing that he can't max STR or DEF, 22 is still fine. Especially with Resolve.

I voted for Tauro.

I never have any use for Gatrie at all after he leaves the party, except in the boat level where I just have him stand at the capture space the entire time.

Gatrie uses up experience that could be used on someone who is more useful than him, which is most of the early cast. Ike, Soren, Boyd, Oscar, Kieran, Nephenee, Astrid, Zihark, and maybe Jill.... there is no experience for Gatrie at all.

I usually put Tauroneo in my party once you get him just incase I need a spare tank, but I rarely have a need for him anyway. All of the generals are pretty much obsolete after the first half (and their job can usually be done by a Paladin just as well.... or better.)

Marcia's good too. You're last sentence sums up my feelings about generals in this game.

Edited by KSFF2150

You're last sentence sums up my feelings about generals in this game.

That's sadly the truth for pretty much every game, with some exceptions. Once your units manage to survive without the use of tanks or when you get a more mobile one ( Dragon Knights come to mind, but so do a few Cavaliers when trained ), their use is greatly disminished.

Hell in FE 4 they're pretty much the worst units in the game when you get them. They can't keep up with the mounted units.

Ike uses up experience that could be used on someone who is more useful than him.

Astrid uses up experience that could be used on someone who is more useful than her.

Jill uses up experience that etc.

• 8 years later...

Hello! UP

Gatrie is the best when he arrives with the Greil mercenaries, but Brom can really solo most of the 2nd Part so if you play on normal mode or harder, you can definitely level up only Brom, Marcia and Haar in the Crimea part.

Tauroneo is hardly playable, but his stats can all cap easily or reach numbers close to caps, so he's the best (don't even think of his skill because it's more suited for dodgers than for Tanks).

Meg has the best speed and resist and OMG she has the best training ability if you dare hard level her (chapter 1-4 the Laguz are easy to use for exp abuse). I'll link mine to this post so you can see the result of 1h of training (with not so many resets compared to others characters, she had the best growths). See? Even Gatrie and Tauroneo's base stats stink compared to hers.

Meg général chap 4 a distant voice (map).jpg

Meg chapitre 4 A distant voice (Facile).jpg