Who's buying a 3DS because of Awakening?

Reginleif

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I'm quite sure they won't be the only ones. I have a feeling black and white 2 were in development before or shortly after the 3DS's release. But I could be wrong of course, but it seems weird that they wouldn't have went to the 3DS unless this was the case.

I think it might also be because Pokémon sells massively. To the point at the time it was worked on and even when it will be released in the west there'd still be fewer 3DS owners than the usual sales figures for the games even with people buying a 3DS for the Pokémon games.

I didn't really buy one because of it.

That being said, after the game's announcement, KI: Uprising, Tales of the Abyss and having a portable version of Starfox 64 and OoT, suddenly felt a lot more tempting.

Edited by BrightBow

Kid Icarus, Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Zelda, the much better version of Skylanders, Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D, and Sonic Generations for its exclusive levels (I have the PS3 version too), are all (nearly) as good reasons as Fire Emblem to have bought a 3DS by now. The upcoming Super Smash Bros. 4 will probably cause the console's sales to increase the most - at least until Pokémon Generation 6 arrives.

Games that are already out:

• Kid Icarus
  • Mario Kart 7
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

Upcoming games:

• Fire Emblem
  • SMT IV
  • Ace Attorney 5

I think three games that are already out and three upcoming games I want is a nice quota to meet if I want to buy a new console.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Oh I'm quite sure they won't be the only ones. I have a feeling black and white 2 were in development before or shortly after the 3DS's release. But I could be wrong of course, but it seems weird that they wouldn't have went to the 3DS unless this was the case.

I read something about it being available for more people=more sales.

Anyway, Fe13 was on a short list of games for me.. But still would be enough reason for me to get it by that game alone.

awakening is partially it for me.

My biggest reason is that my DS Lite had cracked a bit after accidentally dropping it down stairs. (don't ask) I had to adjust the screen so it wouldn't go all white, but eventually i couldn't see a damn thing.

I also got it for Kingdom Heats DDD

Yeah I broke my DS Lite and then I just got a 3DS. Probably would have anyway, though, since I

a) like Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, and

b) like having my favourite N64 games portable and of course now I would have ABSOLUTELY HAD to because

c) Awakening.

Edit: oh and at the time that I got it, you could get DLC of the Zelda Four Swords 25th Anniversary Edition for free, so that was cool, too :D (It was one of my favourite GBA games, 'cause of the awesome multiplayer)

Edited by Jubby

I bought the Limited edition FE 3DS from my friend, but I don't know what he did with the game cause he wouldn't let me buy that too. And I bought a US 3DS XL yesterday just cause I had extra money. I plan to buy Awakening in JP as soon as I can

I did. It was the reason I have two 3DS now - a NA one (for its lower-priced games) and a JP one (I'm not going to wait a whole year to play FE13).

I still gotta get a NA 3DS. XD

I've got two JPN 3DSs... one from the Kakusei Special Pack.

And one to tear open for that 3DS Capture Board. Because I am NOT defiling that gloriously special FE 3DS.

i have a 3ds im gonna trade it for a 3ds xl when i get back in america this january and yes im waiting for fire emblem

must buy: kid icarus uprisings,street fighter 4,super mario 3d land,ghost recon, blaze blue,mario kart 7,kingdom hearts 3d,thearythm final fantasy

Waiting for: paper mario 3ds,luigi's mansion,fire emblem awakening,code of princess, PROJECT X ZONE I WISH,monster hunet 4 or 3g

I still gotta get a NA 3DS. XD

I've got two JPN 3DSs... one from the Kakusei Special Pack.

And one to tear open for that 3DS Capture Board. Because I am NOT defiling that gloriously special FE 3DS.

Awesome. Congrats for getting a special edition 3DS.

I wanted to get the special pack too, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Some shops refuse to take preorders because they weren't confident about getting it at all, and those that do sell it ran out of stock on day one. No luck finding it online, either.

And then, the day after I decided "forget it, I'll get an ordinary 3DS", some shops in my area started selling it. Talk about bad luck.